-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Dalhousie Pre-pharmacy 11-12
Started by meaw01
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
no mail for me again!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are you in Halifax?
nope haha just being hopeful
@Havok199 - Congrats, where are you from?
I was accepted as well! Good luck you guys, I hope you get good news too!
so youre from halifax right? aka i shouldnt be nervous that i didnt get anything? hahaha
congratulations!!!!! mind refreshing us on your GPA and how you thought your interview went?
so youre from halifax right? aka i shouldnt be nervous that i didnt get anything? hahaha
congratulations!!!!! mind refreshing us on your GPA and how you thought your interview went?
Thanks! and yes I am from Halifax so don't worry haha
This was my second time applying so last year my GPA was around 3.74 and the interview went alright (they said I needed to improve on my interview score). This year my GPA was 3.8 and I felt like the interview went a lot better. Good luck!!
Thanks! and yes I am from Halifax so don't worry haha
This was my second time applying so last year my GPA was around 3.74 and the interview went alright (they said I needed to improve on my interview score). This year my GPA was 3.8 and I felt like the interview went a lot better. Good luck!!
great thanks 🙂 hopefully see you in Sept!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got my acceptance letter as well.
Good luck to everyone!
Good luck to everyone!
I just got my acceptance letter as well.
Good luck to everyone!
Where are you located??? Congrats!!!!
Thanks
I am from Halifax.
Good luck
I am from Halifax.
Good luck
No mail for me today! Didn't really expect anything though - hopefully tomorrow.
Anyone else?
Hello All,
First time poster, long time lurker on this site. I just got my acceptance letter from Dalhousie today and am way off in the prairies here in Winnipeg. I fortunately got accepted at U of Manitoba and will more than likely be attending there. If people like collecting those stats I have a 4.15/4.5 GPA but kinda felt really neither here nor there about the interview as I had some massive jet lag. I have to say I really had wonderful and too short time in Halfiax, what a wonderful city. Congratulations to everyone who already got accepted and hopefully everyone hears some great news to kick off their summer. All the best and take care.
First time poster, long time lurker on this site. I just got my acceptance letter from Dalhousie today and am way off in the prairies here in Winnipeg. I fortunately got accepted at U of Manitoba and will more than likely be attending there. If people like collecting those stats I have a 4.15/4.5 GPA but kinda felt really neither here nor there about the interview as I had some massive jet lag. I have to say I really had wonderful and too short time in Halfiax, what a wonderful city. Congratulations to everyone who already got accepted and hopefully everyone hears some great news to kick off their summer. All the best and take care.
I'm really starting to think I didn't get in! Disappointing.. but Congratulations to everybody 😀
Didn't get anything today either.. Congrats to all
I really hope our mail is just lagged...I'm sick thinking about it.
.
Last edited:
I have a question for those who received their acceptance letters... How would I get my immunization records?
Most likely family doctor
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my letter this morning. Did not get accepted unfortunately.
First year student, GPA 3.8/4.3 felt VERY good with the interview, was very confident. Disappointing to have to do another year now. Does anyone know how the wait list works? Would it have stated it in my letter? Margaret is out sick today.. Congrats to everyone
First year student, GPA 3.8/4.3 felt VERY good with the interview, was very confident. Disappointing to have to do another year now. Does anyone know how the wait list works? Would it have stated it in my letter? Margaret is out sick today.. Congrats to everyone
Got my letter this morning. Did not get accepted unfortunately.
First year student, GPA 3.8/4.3 felt VERY good with the interview, was very confident. Disappointing to have to do another year now. Does anyone know how the wait list works? Would it have stated it in my letter? Margaret is out sick today.. Congrats to everyone
Oh no 🙁 I'm sorry to hear -- I think I am in the same boat though. If you figure out how the wait list works, let me know please. All the best.
Thanks 🙁 Kind of frustrating because I'm the only one who got declined it looks like on here!
Don't worry, I'm at work all day and have a feeling today is the day for bad news. It's super frustrating..will keep you posted
No mail for me again today, guess I must be on the waiting list or something...
@hope2012 -- what abou you? I see you're online right now, just curious 🙂
Yea you must be. People have until June 30th to submit summer marks and then they decide the remaining people. With that being said you're very close and will probably be on the wait list regardless
Yeah, I think I am...I'm from NS so I feel I would have got
My acceptance/rejection by now. And I had an 89 average for pre reqs so idk..
damn rejected with a 3.8 GPA? makes me wonder if i should find something else ive only got 3.48 after first year. and I am just continuing on as if im going for a bio degree (didnt apply for pharm this year though), however chem would probably be more useful for pharmacy.
What courses should I take next year now?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're just finishing up first year correct? I just finished second, and if you want to chat about classes feel free to PM me. However, I went in the chemistry direction. Took biochem and organic my second year, along with analytical chem. I suggest if you haven't already - take physics, as that makes you eligible to apply to Memorial and other pharm schools!
damn rejected with a 3.8 GPA? makes me wonder if i should find something else ive only got 3.48 after first year. and I am just continuing on as if im going for a bio degree (didnt apply for pharm this year though), however chem would probably be more useful for pharmacy.
I'm not sure who you're refering to - as I can't see all the posts on my phone, but all hope isn't lost as I didn't get a definite rejection yet!!!
I'm not sure who you're refering to - as I can't see all the posts on my phone, but all hope isn't lost as I didn't get a definite rejection yet!!!
i was talking about Hope2Be lol. good luck to you though!
does anyone know of anyone getting in with a mediocre GPA? i can hopefully get it up to 3.6-3.7 next year.
i was talking about Hope2Be lol. good luck to you though!
does anyone know of anyone getting in with a mediocre GPA? i can hopefully get it up to 3.6-3.7 next year.
I remember reading last years thread where someone had a 3.2 on a 4 scale and was accepted! Or perhaps that was the year before!! But it's possible 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The guests lurking here should sign up and give us an update assuming they applied? Pretty please?
hahaha I've been lurking so I guess I should post! I got my acceptance letter yesterday and I am in NB. My GPA was 4.0/4.3 and I am a first year. Came out of my interview thinking it went okay, not horrible but not amazing by any means. Can't wait to meet you guys in the fall!
Most likely family doctor
But I'm an immigrant so all my records are back home... I just e-mailed Margaret about it.
cGPA: 3.9
I was accepted!! I'm just wondering though--i was offered an amazing opportunity to travel for a year so if i reject their offer and reapply next year, will that look bad on me?
It's not like I've changed as a person, I've just worked really hard for the past 4 years to get my stats--and realize i want to travel before i really hit the books (again).
I was accepted!! I'm just wondering though--i was offered an amazing opportunity to travel for a year so if i reject their offer and reapply next year, will that look bad on me?
It's not like I've changed as a person, I've just worked really hard for the past 4 years to get my stats--and realize i want to travel before i really hit the books (again).
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K