Dallas Ambulatory Care Rotation

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by MLH36995, Jan 7, 2009.

1. MLH36995

Pharmacy Student
    I'm a 4th year PharmD student. The very last rotation I have, make that HAD, scheduled was a required Ambulatory Care rotation. I just got an email this morning that the preceptor is leaving and the rotation I set up over a year ago is CANCELLED.

So anyone know of a 4th year ambulatory care rotation site in Dallas/ft Worth that has openings in March/April? Any suggestions as to who I can contact?

2. 67echo

67echo Hooah!
    2+ Year Member

how about your school's experiential coordinator

3. MLH36995

Pharmacy Student
    That's the first thing I tried. The experiential coordinator emailed me and basically said "It'll be really hard for you to find something this late. Let me know what you decide to do". A less than encouraging response. :(

It's just frustrating to be this close to being finished and then get ambushed by something like this at the end.

#3 MLH36995, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  4. SpirivaSunrise

SpirivaSunrise Go Gators!
    Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Seriously?! That's absurd. S(he) couldn't even provide you with a list of rotation sites that you could possibly contact?

Were you expected to arrange all of your rotation sites on your own?

And is there by chance a different pharmacist at the amb care pharmacy you were previously going to attend who could serve as a preceptor? Another option is to find out if any of the professors at your school practice in this setting...I would venture to guess they'd be happy to take you in given the circumstances.

5. Allure

2+ Year Member

Have you tried Baylor University Hospital?

6. 67echo

67echo Hooah!
    2+ Year Member

wow...your experiential coordinator sucks then. It shouldn't be up to you to find something as a worst case scenario.