Dallas Ambulatory Care Rotation

Started by MLH36995
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MLH36995

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a 4th year PharmD student. The very last rotation I have, make that HAD, scheduled was a required Ambulatory Care rotation. I just got an email this morning that the preceptor is leaving and the rotation I set up over a year ago is CANCELLED.

So anyone know of a 4th year ambulatory care rotation site in Dallas/ft Worth that has openings in March/April? Any suggestions as to who I can contact?
 
I'm a 4th year PharmD student. The very last rotation I have, make that HAD, scheduled was a required Ambulatory Care rotation. I just got an email this morning that the preceptor is leaving and the rotation I set up over a year ago is CANCELLED.

So anyone know of a 4th year ambulatory care rotation site in Dallas/ft Worth that has openings in March/April? Any suggestions as to who I can contact?
how about your school's experiential coordinator
 
That's the first thing I tried. The experiential coordinator emailed me and basically said "It'll be really hard for you to find something this late. Let me know what you decide to do". A less than encouraging response. 🙁

It's just frustrating to be this close to being finished and then get ambushed by something like this at the end.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The experiential coordinator emailed me and basically said "It'll be really hard to find something this late, but let me know what you decide to do". So I'm not holding my breath that the office will come up with something.

Seriously?! That's absurd. S(he) couldn't even provide you with a list of rotation sites that you could possibly contact?

Were you expected to arrange all of your rotation sites on your own?

And is there by chance a different pharmacist at the amb care pharmacy you were previously going to attend who could serve as a preceptor? Another option is to find out if any of the professors at your school practice in this setting...I would venture to guess they'd be happy to take you in given the circumstances.
 
That's the first thing I tried. The experiential coordinator emailed me and basically said "It'll be really hard for you to find something this late. Let me know what you decide to do". A less than encouraging response. 🙁

It's just frustrating to be this close to being finished and then get ambushed by something like this at the end.
wow...your experiential coordinator sucks then. It shouldn't be up to you to find something as a worst case scenario.