Dallas area DO shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AgDoc84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there,
I am in the midst of application/interview season, and am looking to bolster things with some more DO shadowing in the Dallas area. Sadly though, most of the DOs I am coming across, or at least their office managers have a very poor understanding of HIPPA regulations, and are being less than hospitable. If you know of a more open minded DO anywhere in the Dallas area, please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello there,
I am in the midst of application/interview season, and am looking to bolster things with some more DO shadowing in the Dallas area. Sadly though, most of the DOs I am coming across, or at least their office managers have a very poor understanding of HIPPA regulations, and are being less than hospitable. If you know of a more open minded DO anywhere in the Dallas area, please let me know!

Use the AOA mentor program. Worked really well for me.

excellent suggestion, though the closest DO willing to meet face to face is over an hour away... Which isnt a HUGE issue, but if anyone else has any ideas it would be GREATLY appreciated

Members don't see this ad :)
excellent suggestion, though the closest DO willing to meet face to face is over an hour away... Which isnt a HUGE issue, but if anyone else has any ideas it would be GREATLY appreciated

I'd take the hour drive, without a doubt. I drove 1.5 hrs (round trip of 3) to see the doc I shadowed, and it was definitely worth it.

UT Southwestern Medical Center, they got couple of DOs here.

Man, that's tough man. If I were you I would just give up on medicine right now, just drop out of school and go into factory-work, you're just not up to being a Doctor.

I live in north DFW, and ended up driving to Rockwall to find a doc. It's worth it. I think the docs on the periphery of the metroplex are more open to dealing with pre-meds... in my experience.

Hi daedra,
I am in the dallas area also and is interested in who you had shadowed. Would that person be willing to let me shadow and get a LOR?

bump-

I've registered at the AoA website mentor program and have not heard back from anyone. Does anyone know a good DO practice to shadow in the Dallas area?

thanks

bump-

I've registered at the AoA website mentor program and have not heard back from anyone. Does anyone know a good DO practice to shadow in the Dallas area?

thanks

That website didn't work well. just looked up online (yellow pages) and called a few of them and found a DO anesthesiologist that let her shadow for couple surgeries. If you have insurance, you should have a list of physician. Just look through the list, and call some DOs. If you like to see OMM in action, get hold of family practice doctors.

Last edited: