1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dartmouth has AMCAS?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Smoke This, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Smoke This

Smoke This Sweet cuppin' cakes!
    10+ Year Member

I got an email from Dart-Mouth admissions today. It was very brief, something like "This is to confirm we have received your AMCAS application." However, I didn't mail them my app, and I got their secondary a long time ago and with no related email, so perhaps they have my full app. I'm going to email them and see, since I don't know what to make of this. Anyone else hear from DMS?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MacGyver

MacGyver Membership Revoked
    Removed

I got an email from them a couple of days ago stating that my app was complete, so I assume they have my AMCAS also.

perhaps their electronic transmission is working.

4. Sir William Osler

Sir William Osler Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

macgyver,
    how was your app processed without recommendations. i just cant understand how you got the HPAB letter off so soon since 8/8 was the earliest date to request. let me know. i'm dying to hear. this waiting is killing me.

5. MacGyver

Removed

I got this notice by email, so I'm assuming that Dartmouth got my HPAB very recently (maybe yesterday or today) and immediately emailed me when they noticed my file was complete.

Yale still does not have my HPAB yet, although it was sent out at the same time as Dartmouth. Must be a local mail thing. Check my response on the MD/PhD interview thread.

Dont worry man, I'm sure your schools will be getting the packet in a few days at the most.

6. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

What's an HPAB?

7. MacGyver

Removed

Health Professions Advisory Board.

Sorry for the confusion, its a specific term for the committee at Penn that takes care of premed-related issues.