Dartmouth has AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smoke This

Sweet cuppin' cakes!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email from Dart-Mouth admissions today. It was very brief, something like "This is to confirm we have received your AMCAS application." However, I didn't mail them my app, and I got their secondary a long time ago and with no related email, so perhaps they have my full app. I'm going to email them and see, since I don't know what to make of this. Anyone else hear from DMS?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email from them a couple of days ago stating that my app was complete, so I assume they have my AMCAS also.

perhaps their electronic transmission is working.

macgyver,
how was your app processed without recommendations. i just cant understand how you got the HPAB letter off so soon since 8/8 was the earliest date to request. let me know. i'm dying to hear. this waiting is killing me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Tbone:
•macgyver,
how was your app processed without recommendations. i just cant understand how you got the HPAB letter off so soon since 8/8 was the earliest date to request. let me know. i'm dying to hear. this waiting is killing me.•

I got this notice by email, so I'm assuming that Dartmouth got my HPAB very recently (maybe yesterday or today) and immediately emailed me when they noticed my file was complete.

Yale still does not have my HPAB yet, although it was sent out at the same time as Dartmouth. Must be a local mail thing. Check my response on the MD/PhD interview thread.

Dont worry man, I'm sure your schools will be getting the packet in a few days at the most.

What's an HPAB?

Originally posted by SMW:
•What's an HPAB?•

Health Professions Advisory Board.

Sorry for the confusion, its a specific term for the committee at Penn that takes care of premed-related issues.