Dartmouth MD/PhD letters of rec...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

candiedapple01

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've only got one letter specifically for my MD/PhD application... the other two science letters are for basic MD. Dartmouth wants two for MD/PhD.... does anyone know how strict they are (or any other schools for that matter) about this minimum? I've only done research in one lab and not with my two science profs.... and the current lab i'm in I just joined two months ago and I don't want them to get the notion I'm making plans to leave when I only just arrived. Any advice would be appreciated... I want to know if I'll have to go back to a science prof and have him/her formulate a specific letter when I don't think they have any basis for assessing my research potential/skills.

Also, is Dartmouth anal about using their forms for the letters of recommendation? I've got mine stashed in a letter service already and don't want to go back and bug profs to rewrite letters on different forms...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i have not used any letters specific to school just because mine were all written months ago. even schools who have implied taht they are requisite seem to be understanding about the issue- though they suggest that it would be favorable to use theirs. i'm sure the content is quie a bit more important than the form used.

i'm not sure about the letter sitaution - but i doubt they are going discount you based on that.

I got a Dartmouth md phd interview without using the coversheet for letters. also, i had 3 research-specific letters.

I've only got one letter specifically for my MD/PhD application... the other two science letters are for basic MD. Dartmouth wants two for MD/PhD.... does anyone know how strict they are (or any other schools for that matter) about this minimum? I've only done research in one lab and not with my two science profs.... and the current lab i'm in I just joined two months ago and I don't want them to get the notion I'm making plans to leave when I only just arrived. Any advice would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
:confused: I still don't understand how people find threads from 5 years ago...

oh well :laugh:

I still don't understand how I sometimes forget to look at the date and don't realize this thread was made before I graduated High School.