• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

leewa

10+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2008
Chicago
Status
Medical Student
Could anyone share some insight :idea:about this program. Is it worth going ?:(

Thank You!:thumbup:

yaah

Boring
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Fixing in 10% neutral buffered formalin
Status
Attending Physician
Worth going when? For an interview? For residency? If you are seriously interested in a program it is always worth going for an interview. If it's for residency then hopefully you have gone on an interview and would know if you like it. It's a small program but they do care about teaching and they have a good variety of specimen. I think they have had trouble attracting good AMG residents in the past, I don't know if that is still true or not. It's pretty rural, one of the most rural path programs out there, but it's a major medical center.

leewa

10+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2008
Chicago
Status
Medical Student
do you know why they had hard time to attract good AMGs? :confused: because its location?

About the Ads

green mantis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2008
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
It's pretty rural, one of the most rural path programs out there, but it's a major medical center.
According to my medical school classmate who went there for his neurology residency & fellowship, it's very rural. We had a 3-month required rural medicine rotation in school. The places we were sent were more "urban" than Lebanon. (I think that's where Dartmouth is located.) Boston is the closest major city, & it's 2 hours away.

As w/ any place in the Northeast, the weather can also get pretty bad. I guess that's happening now.

My friend couldn't wait to leave. Surprisingly, he went to Minnestoa. While he's in a bigger city, I don't think the weather's any better.

----- Antony

malchik

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I interviewed there last year and loved it. BEAUTIFUL area. All the residents I met were AMGs and seemed like good residents. The faculty I met seemed good. I thought the chairman was odd but I think they have a different chair now. The recent graduates had gotten good fellowships.

About the Ads