Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Dartmouth Pathology, NH

Discussion in 'Pathology' started by leewa, Dec 19, 2008.

1. leewa

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Could anyone share some insight :idea:about this program. Is it worth going ?:(

Thank You!:thumbup:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. yaah

yaah Boring
    Administrator Physician 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Worth going when? For an interview? For residency? If you are seriously interested in a program it is always worth going for an interview. If it's for residency then hopefully you have gone on an interview and would know if you like it. It's a small program but they do care about teaching and they have a good variety of specimen. I think they have had trouble attracting good AMG residents in the past, I don't know if that is still true or not. It's pretty rural, one of the most rural path programs out there, but it's a major medical center.

4. leewa

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    do you know why they had hard time to attract good AMGs? :confused: because its location?

5. green mantis

5+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    According to my medical school classmate who went there for his neurology residency & fellowship, it's very rural. We had a 3-month required rural medicine rotation in school. The places we were sent were more "urban" than Lebanon. (I think that's where Dartmouth is located.) Boston is the closest major city, & it's 2 hours away.

As w/ any place in the Northeast, the weather can also get pretty bad. I guess that's happening now.

My friend couldn't wait to leave. Surprisingly, he went to Minnestoa. While he's in a bigger city, I don't think the weather's any better.

----- Antony

6. malchik

malchik New Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I interviewed there last year and loved it. BEAUTIFUL area. All the residents I met were AMGs and seemed like good residents. The faculty I met seemed good. I thought the chairman was odd but I think they have a different chair now. The recent graduates had gotten good fellowships.