• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

etngu

The Ritual of Infinity
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hi. I just received an invitation from Dartmouth and had some questions. The dates they have offered me are really inconvenient and I was wondering if anyone has had success with trying to ask for a different date, or if its not worth asking? Do they offer a student hosting program? Also, I understand that a mid-March interview is really late and the chance of getting an acceptance is a lot lower, but does anyone know if a mid-March interview would straight up be for the waitlist? I appreciate your help in advance.

Sophie

Lead Foot
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2003
Sacramento, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I can only answer 1 of the 3, but yes, they do offer a student hosting program, and I'd highly recommend it.

Darkshooter326

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Yes, they will try to accommodate your interview day request. It may be harder late in the year with fewer dates to choose. And I think that Dartmouth hands out a certain number of acceptances per month, so they probably still have their alloted number of spots left.

foofish

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
SDN
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Yes, they will try to accommodate your interview day request. It may be harder late in the year with fewer dates to choose. And I think that Dartmouth hands out a certain number of acceptances per month, so they probably still have their alloted number of spots left.

Their admissions office is probably the nicest I've encountered, so it's worth giving it a shot. And as far as the waitlist is concerned, the way it works is after you interview that committee gives you a "score" and go into the list of applicants ranked by that score...and they work down from the top of the list to accept and up from the bottom to reject. So if you're given a great score you go to the top of the list, and so you have a good chance of getting in (although the longer you wait to interview there are fewer open spots).

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.