Dartmouth Secondary - Question for Berkeley students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ganesha123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am a Berkeley student and have a question the chem series we have at Cal.

I know Chem 1A, Chem 3A are considered inorganic chem (although 3a is obviously orgo)

and 3B and 102 (Biochem) should be considered as our organic chemistry classes (at least according to our pre med counselors)

However, dartmouth says they won't count biochem to the organic chem requirement...so what are you other berkeley students doing for that?

Members don't see this ad.

If you read the career center's webpage, they have a FAQ:

One Year General Chem with lab is Chemistry 1A at Cal One Year Organic Chem with lab is Chemistry 3a and 3b

thanks a lot...you are right i just saw that on the career center page...Go Bears!

Members don't see this ad :)
did you ever meet the jokeman on telegraph?

well, since i'm doing this application too... is your chem 1a only worth 4 units? feels kind of funny that they want 8, but i only have 4. when i took chem 1a, the chem series did not have separate lab grades.

hey..yeah i have met the jokeman..but I like the "happy happy happy" guy more..is he still around..i graduated a few years ago..

..i also feel weird putting 4 for 8, but you have to trust that dartmouth and cal know about each other.....

street view are you serious! that is awesome.....can u hit me up with the link...