DAT 17TS 18AA to 20TS 20AA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1149916

DAT Score Breakdown

First attempt: 09/13/2021
Study time frame: 2 weeks
Study resource: DAT Bootcamp

PAT: 19
QR: 19
RC: 21
BIO: 17
GCHEM: 19
OCHEM: 16
TS: 17
AA: 18

Second attempt: 11/18/2022
Study time frame: 6 weeks
Study resource: DATBooster

PAT: 19
QR: 21
RC: 20
BIO: 18
GCHEM: 18
OCHEM: 23
TS: 20
AA: 20

PAT (19): For this section, all I did was answer 5 questions for each section a day 1 week before taking the actual DAT so that I can get used to the questions.

QR (21): I did not particularly study at all for this portion of the exam. I already had a strong background in math so all I did for this portion was go straight to the practice exams. On my first attempts for practice exams 1-10 I was scoring around 19-22 so I decided to study more for the sciences, particularly in OCHEM.

RC (20): I did not use any strategies for this section. The only thing I did was read the entire passage while highlighting important keywords in each paragraph that pertains to the main point of the paragraph so that when I answer the questions I can go back and easily find where in the passage it is asking by looking at the highlighted keywords. When taking the actual DAT I was thrown off by the 1st passage because of how difficult the questions were. Assuming 20 mins for each passage to read and answer, by the time I am done reading and answering the questions for that passage, I would usually have about 2 mins to spare. However, on my actual exam by the time I answered the 5th question I had already used 20 mins so I decided to skip to the next passage and go from there. It ended up working out because the last 2 passages were extremely easy passages and easy questions that by the time I finished reading and answering passages 2 and 3, I had about 10 mins to spare so I used that to go back and answer the questions for the 1st passage.

Bio (18): I used Feralis notes from booster, read through them and spread them throughout the week, and did the practice questions after each section. I then moved to take full-length practice exams 2 weeks before my exam day. I saw similar questions and felt the practice exams were super representative.

GCHEM (18): I found the booster chemistry videos very straight to the point and easy to follow. I did all the extra questions then moved to practice exams and reviewed the questions I missed. Overall, I felt I was well prepared for the questions but was thrown off when taking the actual DAT because I felt it was harder than when I was studying.

OCHEM (23): From my first attempt this section was my weak point so I focused a lot of time on OCHEM which I should have spread out on all the science but overall I am satisfied to get a 20 TS. Around the time frame when I was starting to study, booster added a ton of extra questions for all the sections but in particular to OCHEM I solved all the extra questions for OCHEM which I thought was extremely difficult. By the time I had finished solving all the extra questions for OCHEM and understanding all the questions I moved on to the practice exams and was surprised to see how easy they were. I think the extra questions are extremely difficult and so if you can solve them then the actual exam should be a breeze.

Overall, I think that booster helped me tremendously in preparing me for the exam. I am currently a graduate student and I was in a time crunch to get the exam done as soon as possible; though my study time frames were very short I know that if I had studied a while longer, preferably filling in 10 weeks, I would have done better than what I had gotten but overall in a time crunch of 6 weeks, booster had helped me to get a 20 AA and a 20 TS so I can confidently say that know what they are doing and will guide you to your dream scores.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• IMG_0748.jpeg
    IMG_0748.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: 1 users
Great breakdown! I also used booster and got very similar section scores as you, but same AA and TS! So happy to see it also really helped you :)