DAT 17TS 18AA to 20TS 20AA

Started by deleted1149916
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1149916

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DAT Score Breakdown

First attempt: 09/13/2021
Study time frame: 2 weeks
Study resource: DAT Bootcamp

PAT: 19
QR: 19
RC: 21
BIO: 17
GCHEM: 19
OCHEM: 16
TS: 17
AA: 18

Second attempt: 11/18/2022
Study time frame: 6 weeks
Study resource: DATBooster

PAT: 19
QR: 21
RC: 20
BIO: 18
GCHEM: 18
OCHEM: 23
TS: 20
AA: 20

PAT (19): For this section, all I did was answer 5 questions for each section a day 1 week before taking the actual DAT so that I can get used to the questions.

QR (21): I did not particularly study at all for this portion of the exam. I already had a strong background in math so all I did for this portion was go straight to the practice exams. On my first attempts for practice exams 1-10 I was scoring around 19-22 so I decided to study more for the sciences, particularly in OCHEM.

RC (20): I did not use any strategies for this section. The only thing I did was read the entire passage while highlighting important keywords in each paragraph that pertains to the main point of the paragraph so that when I answer the questions I can go back and easily find where in the passage it is asking by looking at the highlighted keywords. When taking the actual DAT I was thrown off by the 1st passage because of how difficult the questions were. Assuming 20 mins for each passage to read and answer, by the time I am done reading and answering the questions for that passage, I would usually have about 2 mins to spare. However, on my actual exam by the time I answered the 5th question I had already used 20 mins so I decided to skip to the next passage and go from there. It ended up working out because the last 2 passages were extremely easy passages and easy questions that by the time I finished reading and answering passages 2 and 3, I had about 10 mins to spare so I used that to go back and answer the questions for the 1st passage.

Bio (18): I used Feralis notes from booster, read through them and spread them throughout the week, and did the practice questions after each section. I then moved to take full-length practice exams 2 weeks before my exam day. I saw similar questions and felt the practice exams were super representative.

GCHEM (18): I found the booster chemistry videos very straight to the point and easy to follow. I did all the extra questions then moved to practice exams and reviewed the questions I missed. Overall, I felt I was well prepared for the questions but was thrown off when taking the actual DAT because I felt it was harder than when I was studying.

OCHEM (23): From my first attempt this section was my weak point so I focused a lot of time on OCHEM which I should have spread out on all the science but overall I am satisfied to get a 20 TS. Around the time frame when I was starting to study, booster added a ton of extra questions for all the sections but in particular to OCHEM I solved all the extra questions for OCHEM which I thought was extremely difficult. By the time I had finished solving all the extra questions for OCHEM and understanding all the questions I moved on to the practice exams and was surprised to see how easy they were. I think the extra questions are extremely difficult and so if you can solve them then the actual exam should be a breeze.

Overall, I think that booster helped me tremendously in preparing me for the exam. I am currently a graduate student and I was in a time crunch to get the exam done as soon as possible; though my study time frames were very short I know that if I had studied a while longer, preferably filling in 10 weeks, I would have done better than what I had gotten but overall in a time crunch of 6 weeks, booster had helped me to get a 20 AA and a 20 TS so I can confidently say that know what they are doing and will guide you to your dream scores.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0748.jpeg
    IMG_0748.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 137
Great breakdown! I also used booster and got very similar section scores as you, but same AA and TS! So happy to see it also really helped you 🙂