Dat 5/14/2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johadd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took my DAT's the second time.

This is what I got the first time around.

PAT-17
RC-15
QR-19
BIO-17
OC-18
GC-25

TS-19
AA-19

I applied in november which was a bad move and knew I was below cutoff for DS on RC so I retook it today.

Second time

PAT-18
RC-18
QR-20
BIO-19
GC-21
OC-24

AA-20
TS-20

You guys think I can get into DS this year applying early?

What are my chances for NYU?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Looks pretty good, while the RC is still a bit low, it's not below any cutoffs that I'm aware of.

I think you stand a fine chance at NYU, I had a 20 AA and was accepted, if that helps.

I'd take a gander at doc toothache's data on what NYU has accepted in the past, and also look at the applicants who applied and got interviews in predents.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=901073

Kahr thanks for your reply.

Do you think they will notice the increase in scores all around and look at that instead of the "below average score?"

Members don't see this ad :)
yes. i believe you should fair well. each school is different. remember to make yourself stand out. and applying early will only help. aka before june 15. dont wait til august or september.

Just to give you some reassurance, I think your scores are pretty competitive.
Paired with applying early, I think your chances are pretty good!

Below is a link to some stats of average DAT scores from 2002-2011. You are definitely above average :)

Average DAT Scores + More

Where do you think I should apply to with these scores besides NYU?

I only want to apply to schools I know I have a good shot at, not schools like Harvard......

I have so far;

NYU on my list
Can anyone add to it?

Thanks in advance

are you from NY? any state school there are like 5. university of buffalo is a great one too
I am from NY.

Stony Brook acepts people with at least a 21 AA so that's pretty much out of the question and so is Columbia.

I was thinking;

1. NYU
2. BU
3. Tufts
4. Temple
5. Buffalo
6. UMDNJ
7. Penn?????? not sure about this one might be a far cry with my new scores
8. Maryland
9. Nova
10. Marqueette
11. USC
12. VCU

Looking for a coule of more if anyone has any suggestions?

What do you think my chances are for these schools?

Anyone have any dental school to add on to the list and what my chances are for the ones I have already chosen????