DAT 5/16/2012 Breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indplayer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
quick breakdown:

PAT 22
QR 23
RC 22
Bio 20
GC 22
OC 21
TS 21
AA 22

Resources used: destroyer (good), KBB (ok), Cliffs AP bio (ok+), Topscore (mixed feelings), datqvault (GREAT!), crack PAT (good), crack dat science (sucks), chads videos (great!)

For the most part, i thought all the resources were good, and all of them were fundamental to me re-learning everything.

i thought datqvault was the best value by far. questions were comparable to the real thing in wording and difficulty. and its only $100.

Members don't see this ad.

oh and i dont remember my practice top score exams exactly, but i never got higher than an AA of 19 lol. and my average bio was like 17 haha.

Congratulations on your scores! Did datqvault help you a lot? Like when you got something wrong, were the corrections helpful? If you could rank each section out of 10 for me that would be awesome.

Congratulations on your scores. What is better in bio and has more info than cliffs? I thought cliffs had everything?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome scores! Do you mind going over which sections each one helped you with. Like did you use math destroyer or just DAT destroyer? KBB for just bio or for all sections. Chad's videos I am assuming OC and GC..
Congrats I am sure you'll get in!

Congratulations on your scores! Did datqvault help you a lot? Like when you got something wrong, were the corrections helpful? If you could rank each section out of 10 for me that would be awesome.

Yes, this it would be great if you could answer this question. My test is coming up in two weeks and I am thinking about purchasing DATQVAULT.

Great scores by the way:thumbup::D

great scores!! were all qvault sections good? and did the scores u were getting on qvault match up to your DAT?

for math, i just did the regular DAT destroyer QR problems. i didnt get the math destroyer book.

for datqvault, i really think its a great resource to use for all the sections (except RC, which i dont know bc i didnt practice RC except on topscore exams).

of course your DAT will probably be different from the one i took today, but i think for the sciences, datqvault was the most accurate in terms of level of difficulty and the way the question is presented. also, it is the best value for the money considering you get 10 practice exams for each section (minus the PAT) for $100.

datqvault did have a couple questions that were either wrong/or didnt show properly, but for the most part i liked using it alot. especially since its computerized and you dont have to constantly flip back and forth to check your answers and solutions.

for RC, i thought the questions/passages were easier than topscore. \

for PAT, i actually thought it was much harder than crack dat PAT. hole punching had weird folds that made it difficult. TFE had a lot of odd shapes. angle ranking had a lot where you really cant tell the difference between all 4. i actually ran out of time so i had to quickly guess on the last 3 questions.

for BIO, KBB and cliffs AP bio were good for general information, but it doesnt cover some things like the skeletal system. Alan's notes that are available somewhere in these forums is a good supplement as well as just doing a bunch of practice problems and learning by reading the solutions. i think i learned the most by answering practice questions and then reading up the solutions afterwards. my bio score isnt great compared to other people, but considering my average of like 17 in my practice exams...i am thrilled.

if you guys have any other questions feel free to ask.

its funny bc when i first saw my scores, i thought it was a sample score they give you to show how they break it down. i honestly felt like i bombed it as i was pressing that submit button.

so biggest advice: on test day, just relax and dont worry too much about it. i did a few practice problems the day before, but try not to do too much the day before your exam. you dont want to go into the testing center burnt out.