Dat 6/05/08

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wash123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used Kaplan to prepare. I was getting 19 and 20 AA on the practice tests. I also was getting 21 and 20 in the QR during practice tests.

My scores today were:

PA: 22
QR: 15
RC: 20
Bio: 21
GC: 22
OC: 21
TS: 21
AA: 20

I really was pressed for time on the QR and obviously did poorly. Is a retake in store for me? I have a 3.7 GPA and 3.6 science.

Members don't see this ad.

I used Kaplan to prepare. I was getting 19 and 20 AA on the practice tests. I also was getting 21 and 20 in the QR during practice tests.

My scores today were:

I really was pressed for time on the QR and obviously did poorly. Is a retake in store for me? I have a 3.7 GPA and 3.6 science.

Unfortunately for you, retake has sold out. ;)

That's too bad. It seams to me that the QR is not as important. Is that true?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

My scores today were:

I really think you're fine, considering that the QR is probably the least important part of the DAT, and all your other scores are great, along with your GPA. Give yourself a pat on the back, you'll be fine. I'm currently taking the Kaplan course now. Any advice for me on how to study?

I borrowed some MCAT review sheets for the science sections. That was helpful because it was something different. I also did all of the subject tests. I think that the more questions you are exposed to the better.

Cool. I have all the Kaplan stuff and the 3 TopScore practice tests. Hopefully if I can take all of the subject tests and full length exams each twice that should be enough practice.

My scores today were:

Man were you really getting 20/21 in QR? What you think made you get that 15?

good work. your QR is a bit weak but i think you should be okay. but if you want to get into good schools maybe you should retake.

I didn't study math very much, because I was doing so well. I didn't use my time well. I wasted too much time with the word problems rather than quickly moving through and answering all that were quickly solved. I was also tired for that last section. I am confident that I wouldn't ever do so poorly again on this section. I think I'm only going to retake if I don't here anything from schools about interviews before Sept. My application is in, so I'll see what happens.

good work. your QR is a bit weak but i think you should be okay. but if you want to get into good schools maybe you should retake.

What schools would you consider good? What schools would you recommend without the retake? Do you think "good schools" would overlook a poor score in QR and see the good science/reading/PAT and strong GPA? Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it.

My scores today were:

Good Job! You will be fine! How long did you study for and did you just use Kaplan? No destroyer? How many hrs per day?

I only used Kaplan for this first time. I think that the classroom sessions were okay. The main thing that it did for me was relieve my test anxiety. I studied 15 hours per week from Jan to May and then 2-5 hours per day after that until test day. I took some breaks to avoid burning myself out. Good luck to all who are taking the DAT soon!!!