Dat 7/18

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quocstazz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just finished with the dat today. This is my second time taking the exam.

First:
Pat: 22
QR: 17
RC: 19
BIO: 16
GC: 22
OC: 21
TS: 19
AA: 19

Second:
Pat: 24
QR: 19
RC: 15 :(
BIO: 26
GC: 24
TS: 23
AA: 21

I am grateful for my scores but I'm really worry about my reading comprehension. I don't think I'll be able to get in to my dream school at UCLA since they put emphasis on RC for second language speaking applicants.

I am a California applicant. My gpa is 3.87 with 3.91 in science with 2 years research experience and around 800 hrs of community services and 150 shadowing. Please let me know what my chances are or which school should i discontinue from applying to.

(UCLA)
(AZ)
(BU)
(CASE)
(IND)
(MWU)
(MIZZ)
(NYU)
(USN)
(TUF)
(BUF)
(UCSf
(UL)
(UNLV)
(PENN)
(PITT)
(USC)
(UOP)
(WESTU)

I will have a break down when I'm at a computer.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, just finished with the dat today. This is my second time taking the exam.

First:
Pat: 22
QR: 17
RC: 19
BIO: 16
GC: 22
TS: 19
AA: 19

Second:
Pat: 24
QR: 19
RC: 15 :(
BIO: 26
GC: 24
TS: 23
AA: 21

I am grateful for my scores but I'm really worry about my reading comprehension. I don't think I'll be able to get in to my dream school at UCLA since they put emphasis on RC for second language speaking applicants.

I am a California applicant. My gpa is 3.87 with 3.91 in science with 2 years research experience and around 800 hrs of community services and 150 shadowing. Please let me know what my chances are or which school should i discontinue from applying to.

(UCLA)
(AZ)
(BU)
(CASE)
(IND)
(MWU)
(MIZZ)
(NYU)
(USN)
(TUF)
(BUF)
(UCSf
(UL)
(UNLV)
(PENN)
(PITT)
(USC)
(UOP)
(WESTU)

I will have a break down when I'm at a computer.

Wow nice job on improving the Bio score!! That's a huge jump!

Members don't see this ad :)
How did u improve your bio score so much? great job btw!

when i took my first DAT, i only finished with biol 1 and 2. But within the past year, I had the opportunity to take Biochemistry, microbiology, genetic, immunology and those definitely help.

Nonetheless, I came up with a way to memorize things on biology that can help retain information so much better. if enough people are interested I will make a separate thread to explain it since.

cheers

Great Improvement, howd u study for GC and OC? ur RC is pretty bad man, its also my weakness

Ull def get into NYU with those scores

Congratz once again

Great Improvement, howd u study for GC and OC? ur RC is pretty bad man, its also my weakness

Ull def get into NYU with those scores

Congratz once again

lets not jump to conclusions.

Your entire application is very impressive EXCEPT the RC section, a 15 might hurt your chances with a large portion of school. Many schools highly value the RC section. You should call a few schools and see if they might overlook your more recent RC score with the previous score, if so, then it might not be as big of an issue ( idk how many school take your highest scores from each section).

lets not jump to conclusions.

Your entire application is very impressive EXCEPT the RC section, a 15 might hurt your chances with a large portion of school. Many schools highly value the RC section. You should call a few schools and see if they might overlook your more recent RC score with the previous score, if so, then it might not be as big of an issue ( idk how many school take your highest scores from each section).

thats not good... i dont think i can retake and do as well in my science :(

eh 15 may be a bit low...maybe do a retake?...But of course ask the schools about how they will think towards low RC. Best of luck

thats not good... i dont think i can retake and do as well in my science :(

I dont think you have to retake yet. But i think you should call a few schools to get an idea of where you are at. The fact you got a 19 in RC in the first attempt might help overlook your poor performance on the second attempt.

I dont think you have to retake yet. But i think you should call a few schools to get an idea of where you are at. The fact you got a 19 in RC in the first attempt might help overlook your poor performance on the second attempt.

I was wondering how reliable the answers might be since they might say yes and agree to overlook but probably won't remember who i am.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk