DAT anything like MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CAbroiler

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey...i'm an uninformed pre-med and had a friend taking the DAT soon...is it as much of a big deal as MCAT? can/do ppl take it over? okie thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

the mcat does NOT have a math section, the dat does...just wanted to clarify.

DAT=easier than MCAT...or so I'm told by most everyone. Additionally, I saw some practice DAT's in the kaplan locker, and they were pretty easy.

Members don't see this ad :)
The MCAT is also alot more passage-based. DAT is definitely more straight forward.

so also, how quickly do u find out ur scores from DAT? do u find them out rite away cause it's computer based?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by CAbroiler:
•so also, how quickly do u find out ur scores from DAT? do u find them out rite away cause it's computer based?•••••they pop on the screen right away.

The DAT has multiple choice questions. The MCAT has passage based questions on each section with some multiple choice ones (that are just knowledge based). I found the DAT much easier than the MCAT.

so vixen, you are the popular simseema17 that answered everyone's questions? i haven't been in here a long time! what does vixen mean?

yes, hence the "aka simseema17" in my signature. :)