DAT Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have already taken the DAT and my score has been sent to schools and AADSAS.

I took another DAT with no schools selected on my DAT application, do I HAVE to report that score to schools and AADSAS? It was lower…
was it the second attempt?

Members don't see this ad :)

I took another DAT with no schools selected on my DAT application, do I HAVE to report that score to schools and AADSAS? It was lower…
You really don't know the answer to your question?

It'll automatically get sent anyway. The ADA sends all scores from all attempts, you don't get to pick and choose.

ADA states that it won’t send scores out to schools or aadsas when picking no schools on the DAT app. Am I missing something?
I think OP is saying he didn't list any schools for his 2nd DAT testing, so they won't report it to any school. So he is asking "does he have to report the new score to schools?" I feel like schools do require all DAT test results taken, if they accept you off the 1st results I'm sure they'll look into your DentPin to confirm test scores and see the 2nd DAT test linked to it also, but I'm no expert.

Also what I thought. But the ADA stated that schools do not have access to the 2nd DAT scores bc I selected no schools. My question is do I have to send my score anyway
i would doubt it's that easy
otherwise, everyone would not choose any schools on their dat and then choose what schools later when they find out their scores...

i would doubt it's that easy
otherwise, everyone would not choose any schools on their dat and then choose what schools later when they find out their scores...
I’m speaking of only a retake. First DAT app all dental schools selected scores show no matter what. 2nd time if you select no schools on dat application 2nd dat scores aren’t sent. Am I missing something by the rules?

I’m speaking of only a retake. First DAT app all dental schools selected scores show no matter what. 2nd time if you select no schools on dat application 2nd dat scores aren’t sent. Am I missing something by the rules?
Basically,
The first score guaranteed admission (DAT app- selected all schools)

2nd score does not guarantee admission (DAT app- no schools selected)

I don’t want the second scores to appear. Can I do this, where does it say schools still have access to the 2nd DAT score if I selected no schools on my 2nd DAT app (not hiding it’s within the rules)

Whether or not schools have or do not have access to one or all DAT/courses attempted is not particularly important, but withholding information/lying by omission or commission will definitely matter.

Whether or not schools have or do not have access to one or all DAT/courses attempted is not particularly important, but withholding information/lying by omission or commission will definitely matter.
yup
my prediction is OP will be posting in the next few months, "i got accepted, will my second lower DAT cause me to lose my acceptance?"

But how would a school know this is what I am saying. DTS takes the consent to release official scores pretty seriously. How would a school know, it’s not hiding if it’s allowed
you sound like you have made up your mind already
just go with what you are saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.