-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
DAT Application
Started by dr.unknown555
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
was it the second attempt?I have already taken the DAT and my score has been sent to schools and AADSAS.
I took another DAT with no schools selected on my DAT application, do I HAVE to report that score to schools and AADSAS? It was lower…
dr.unknown555
Full Member
Yes it was the second attempt
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dr.unknown555
Full Member
2 totalYes it was the second attempt
You really don't know the answer to your question?I have already taken the DAT and my score has been sent to schools and AADSAS.
I took another DAT with no schools selected on my DAT application, do I HAVE to report that score to schools and AADSAS? It was lower…
dr.unknown555
Full Member
What’s your opinion?You really don't know the answer to your question?
dr.unknown555
Full Member
If you see the rules of the Ada it’s a valid questionYou really don't know the answer to your question?
It'll automatically get sent anyway. The ADA sends all scores from all attempts, you don't get to pick and choose.I have already taken the DAT and my score has been sent to schools and AADSAS.
I took another DAT with no schools selected on my DAT application, do I HAVE to report that score to schools and AADSAS? It was lower…
dr.unknown555
Full Member
ADA states that it won’t send scores out to schools or aadsas when picking no schools on the DAT app. Am I missing something?It'll automatically get sent anyway. The ADA sends all scores from all attempts, you don't get to pick and choose.
I think OP is saying he didn't list any schools for his 2nd DAT testing, so they won't report it to any school. So he is asking "does he have to report the new score to schools?" I feel like schools do require all DAT test results taken, if they accept you off the 1st results I'm sure they'll look into your DentPin to confirm test scores and see the 2nd DAT test linked to it also, but I'm no expert.ADA states that it won’t send scores out to schools or aadsas when picking no schools on the DAT app. Am I missing something?
dr.unknown555
Full Member
Also what I thought. But the ADA stated that schools do not have access to the 2nd DAT scores bc I selected no schools. My question is do I have to send my score anyway
i would doubt it's that easyAlso what I thought. But the ADA stated that schools do not have access to the 2nd DAT scores bc I selected no schools. My question is do I have to send my score anyway
otherwise, everyone would not choose any schools on their dat and then choose what schools later when they find out their scores...
dr.unknown555
Full Member
I’m speaking of only a retake. First DAT app all dental schools selected scores show no matter what. 2nd time if you select no schools on dat application 2nd dat scores aren’t sent. Am I missing something by the rules?i would doubt it's that easy
otherwise, everyone would not choose any schools on their dat and then choose what schools later when they find out their scores...
dr.unknown555
Full Member
Basically,I’m speaking of only a retake. First DAT app all dental schools selected scores show no matter what. 2nd time if you select no schools on dat application 2nd dat scores aren’t sent. Am I missing something by the rules?
The first score guaranteed admission (DAT app- selected all schools)
2nd score does not guarantee admission (DAT app- no schools selected)
I don’t want the second scores to appear. Can I do this, where does it say schools still have access to the 2nd DAT score if I selected no schools on my 2nd DAT app (not hiding it’s within the rules)
Whether or not schools have or do not have access to one or all DAT/courses attempted is not particularly important, but withholding information/lying by omission or commission will definitely matter.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yupWhether or not schools have or do not have access to one or all DAT/courses attempted is not particularly important, but withholding information/lying by omission or commission will definitely matter.
my prediction is OP will be posting in the next few months, "i got accepted, will my second lower DAT cause me to lose my acceptance?"
dr.unknown555
Full Member
But how would a school know this is what I am saying. DTS takes the consent to release official scores pretty seriously. How would a school know, it’s not hiding if it’s allowed
you sound like you have made up your mind alreadyBut how would a school know this is what I am saying. DTS takes the consent to release official scores pretty seriously. How would a school know, it’s not hiding if it’s allowed
just go with what you are saying...
- Status
- Not open for further replies.