DAT audit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDSinProGress08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has requested a DAT audit in the past please let us know how long it took them to respond, if anyone ever had their grade lowered or raised. This would really help the people who are debating whether to request an audit or not.
Is there any risk of requesting a DAT audit?

MY practice tests on math ranged from 19-22(kaplan & topscore) and I got a 15 on the actual test. I had A's on calc. one and two, had a 620 on sat math and i def. didnt get 20 q's wrong on the actual test, unless i was bubbling in worng answer choices. :(

Members don't see this ad.

i dont think getting a's in cal has anything to do with getting a good qr score. the qr section tests the ability to reason well quickly. i dont think much will come out of an audit. i feel ur pain with qr but i wouldnt worry about it.

yeah for now i'm not requesting it. I will only request it if i talk to someone who got their grade changed

Great thread! Let's hear from someone who has done this! I hope they are still out there.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The audit is supposed to take 4 to 6 weeks. I requested one this week because a few of the math problems on my exam had some irregularities and there were a couple where the CORRECT answer was not one of the answer choices (other people have had the same complaints). Further, this exam was a retake for me, and my RC went from 23 (92nd percentile) on the first one to 16 (17th percentile) this time, while my other scores were consistent with my previous score (mid 20's). Hopefully someone can let me know if they've had any success, but if not, I'll let you guys know in 4 to 6 weeks... haha.

Just for the record, Prometric is the company that had a HUGE testing error with the SAT last year where thousands of students, after starting college, were told that their SAT scores were actually ~120 points higher than what was reported. I don't want to say that lightining is going to strike twice in as many years, but I definitely don't have unshakable faith in that companies scoring abilities.

This is interesting to hear. When I took my exam, I was honestly surprised at how low my RC came in...I ended up scoring around the bottom quartile, which was very different than my performance in practice exams, which had me significantly better than average.

As for the QR, I did have one question that I felt could have had a mistake, but I didn't invest too much of my test time with it. Again, my score in this area was softer than expected as I had been acing Kaplan practice QR and thought I was performing at the same level during the exam.

I'm going to request an audit because perhaps something was going on. It's only fifty bucks, so why not.

Good Luck! Can't wait to hear the results- there are tons of students feeling similarly!

The audit is supposed to take 4 to 6 weeks. I requested one this week because a few of the math problems on my exam had some irregularities and there were a couple where the CORRECT answer was not one of the answer choices (other people have had the same complaints). Further, this exam was a retake for me, and my RC went from 23 (92nd percentile) on the first one to 16 (17th percentile) this time, while my other scores were consistent with my previous score (mid 20's). Hopefully someone can let me know if they've had any success, but if not, I'll let you guys know in 4 to 6 weeks... haha.

Just for the record, Prometric is the company that had a HUGE testing error with the SAT last year where thousands of students, after starting college, were told that their SAT scores were actually ~120 points higher than what was reported. I don't want to say that lightining is going to strike twice in as many years, but I definitely don't have unshakable faith in that companies scoring abilities.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes!:idea:

what was the reason for ur dat retake after scoring mid 20's in sciences/rc on the first attempt?

did they explain to u the process of the audit?

what was the reason for ur dat retake after scoring mid 20's in sciences/rc on the first attempt?

did they explain to u the process of the audit?

My score expired :(

They didn't explain much about audits, but simply that they would check the accuracy of the answers.

Hi,
I was wondering whether you had any success with your audit. I'm considering doing the same thing.

Anyone who has requested a DAT audit in the past please let us know how long it took them to respond, if anyone ever had their grade lowered or raised. This would really help the people who are debating whether to request an audit or not.
Is there any risk of requesting a DAT audit?

MY practice tests on math ranged from 19-22(kaplan & topscore) and I got a 15 on the actual test. I had A's on calc. one and two, had a 620 on sat math and i def. didnt get 20 q's wrong on the actual test, unless i was bubbling in worng answer choices. :(

when i took it, i wasn't sure about 5 QR questions and i ended up with 17 in qr. i was shocked!

The audit is supposed to take 4 to 6 weeks. I requested one this week because a few of the math problems on my exam had some irregularities and there were a couple where the CORRECT answer was not one of the answer choices (other people have had the same complaints). .
i agree with this. there was 1 problem in the math. It very simple, just do some rearrangements and you got the answer. But the correct answer was not there. I really mad about that, and I remember the problem including the answer choice. I went home and do it over and over, een ask some frined to do that..But I mean it a simple problem. It did not claim that because I score is good enough to apply.

good luck on that.

I realize this is a fairly old thread, but it was the only one I could find concerning DAT audits. I'm wondering how you guys made out after the audits. Did your scores change? Did they explain the process to you? Can they tell you how many questions you got wrong or any information explaining why your scores were surprisingly low? I took the DAT yesterday and am contemplating requesting an audit for my QR score. I felt the most confident with this section during the test and only guessed on about 2 questions but somehow got a 16!

I had an audit for my first test (about 1 year ago) because I was shocked at how poorly I did. I marked a ton of questions and assumed it must have counted them wrong or something haha... my scores didn't change. In reality, I think I just didn't study enough - studied much more for the retake and my score improved a lot.

I wanted to bring this again. I was wondering if there's something wrong with the QR section. I got 21 TS, 19AA, 18 PAT, 20 RC, then 12 in QR... There's no way I did so poorly... This is a retake for me got 17 first time in QR. I was considering auditing as well.

I wanted to bring this again. I was wondering if there's something wrong with the QR section. I got 21 TS, 19AA, 18 PAT, 20 RC, then 12 in QR... There's no way I did so poorly... This is a retake for me got 17 first time in QR. I was considering auditing as well.
I e-mailed TestingProblems a month ago, and I haven't heard back. I'm going to try calling them soon. I'll let you know what they say.

Reactions: 1 users
I had a problem with QR as well. I scored a 1. Yes, a 1. The thing is, despite this score, I still have a 21 AA and a 25 TS. I am going to be calling Prometric on Tuesday to ask what's going on. Hopefully, it's all a mistake and this is a nightmare I can forget about soon.

Edit: I took my DAT on June 6.

I had a problem with QR as well. I scored a 1. Yes, a 1. The thing is, despite this score, I still have a 21 AA and a 25 TS. I am going to be calling Prometric on Tuesday to ask what's going on. Hopefully, it's all a mistake and this is a nightmare I can forget about soon.

Edit: I took my DAT on June 6.
Hi, thats ridiculous! Did you hear anything back? I have not heard anything yet and sent my audit request form about a week ago. I'm expecting it to take a while, but just curious if you heard anything yet?

Hey, did any of you hear back about your audits? I've emailed them twice and called them once, and I haven't received any responses! :(

Hey, did any of you hear back about your audits? I've emailed them twice and called them once, and I haven't received any responses! :(
I haven't tried contacting them, which I really should because I haven't heard anything back as well... It's very disappointing.