DAT biology question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mijinchoi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to take DAT during March and trying to figure out whether I should take the Developmental Biology before I take that test or not.
Does the Developmental Biology comes in great portion of DAT?
Out of Developmental Biology, Phyiology, Anatomy, Cell Biology and Neurobiology; how would you rank of the portions that come out in DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Out of Developmental Biology, Phyiology, Anatomy, Cell Biology and Neurobiology; how would you rank of the portions that come out in DAT?

I don't think taking developmental bio is as helpful as you believe. I'd rank physiology /anatomy highest, cell bio, and then neuro/developmental. The classes go way in depth compared to the DAT bio question but I definitely could have benefited from the things I learned in human physiology. Sadly, I took the class after my DAT.

You can do well without taking these classes but yes, it may refuse the extra independent study time. It's a lot of memorization.

Source: got a 28 on my bio DAT. Feel free to pm me with any questions regarding the test and preparing.

Reactions: 1 user
I would say you dont have to take developmental biology. Instead spending time to study that class you can focus to study materials that list to study biology ( AP biology book edition 3 and practice question BIO Qvault, destroy books...) FYI: my BIO score is 21. Try to understand material clearcly instead of memorize things. Hope this help

Reactions: 1 user
All you need for DAT is General bio. Feralis notes, Destroyer and DATqvault have some great materials and practice questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
IMO, Anatomy & Physiology and Cell Bio would help the most.

However, you can really get just about everything you need from Cliff's AP Bio and Barron's AP bio. The DAT is about "breadth over depth." Sure, you may have a question or two about the little details, but questions tend to be about BIG concepts. What makes it hard is that there is SO much to study in bio!

Anyone can help me answer those question below:
1. Which of the following molecules carry electrons for the oxidative (electron transport) phosphorylation of ADP?

a. FADH2, NADH, Glucose

b. FADH2, NADH, Lipids

c. FADH2, NADH, Enzymes

d. All of the above