DAT Biology Videos - Topic Requests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FeralisExtremum

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

@tyjacobs and I are currently working on some biology videos to help explain some of the more difficult topics that students find challenging. We wanted to hear from you guys what specific areas of biology you find confusing that you would like us to make a video for. Currently we have an overview video planned on how to get started on preparing for the DAT, and two biology videos for the digestive system and Mendelian genetics.

Feel free to message us directly or reply here with the areas you guys would like to see covered.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
It's great that you guys are doing this!

I don't know about everybody else, but the immune system tends to give me a bit of trouble.
Edit: Hormone cascades too!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Wow that's really nice of you guys to do!

My DAT is in two days but what I personally struggled with the most was: endocrine system, reproductive system, Animal development, and molecular genetics.

Hey everyone,

@tyjacobs and I are currently working on some biology videos to help explain some of the more difficult topics that students find challenging. We wanted to hear from you guys what specific areas of biology you find confusing that you would like us to make a video for. Currently we have an overview video planned on how to get started on preparing for the DAT, and two biology videos for the digestive system and Mendelian genetics.

Feel free to message us directly or reply here with the areas you guys would like to see covered.
Wow, amazing you can do all this and still be in Dental school. I hope you are being paid by BC for all your hard work.

Members don't see this ad :)
Our original idea was to do videos on the entire physiology section of the DAT, because many students have not taken a formal physiology class before but we want to hear what you guys think!

Reactions: 3 users
maybe do on one the immune system? that was definitely confusing to learn. Another good one to do would be the cell cycle for mitosis and meiosis.

and basic lab procedures, i got a weird one on that for my exam.

I know the immune system and the nuances between innate and adaptive can be confusing. Probably doing genetics problems as well, everyone hates those haha.

Awesome! I agree with the others that mentioned the Immune System. That gave me trouble in A&P II as well as in studying for the DAT... The cascade of adaptive / innate cells stemming from the single progenitor cell makes my brain hurt.

Could you please do embryonic development^1 and possibly continuing onto unique steps of pregnancy? That will help a lot. Also, maybe the organization of Protista(Archaea)?

Last edited:
We'll try to give you guys an update on the time estimate - some of these will take longer to prep than others. Looks like immune system is pretty popular so far so that's likely the direction we're headed in next!

Is this being provided by BC?

I loved how this question was dodged.

I can certainly guarentee you that these videos will end up on BC. You simply don't get time to do these things while you are in dental school unless you have some sort of "incentives". Anyways, kudos to them for doing this to help students.