DAT BOOT CAMP COMPARED TO REAL DAT 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

future_dr_girl

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do the two compare for people who have taken the dat in 2017. Specifics on each section would be great

Members don't see this ad.

I think your caps lock is stuck

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Math, Orgo, and PAT are the closest. GC, Bio, and reading are slightly off in regards to wording, question difficulty, and style.

GC is probably easier with less calculations. BIO has more conceptual content that requires more processing rather than straight content regurgitating.

I felt like PAT was harder on BC, QR was about the same for each, RC was harder on the real test than BC, Bio was about the same for each, GC was much harder on BC, OC was much harder on BC. All in all, my scores from BC were aa of 21 (the avg or all my aa's) and I ended up getting a 22aa on the real exam.

My experience with DAT bootcamp was pretty dead on to that of the actual DAT.

What I was scoring across every subject (PAT, RC, OC, GC, Bio, QR), averaged across all five DATBC practice exams, was exactly how I performed on the actual DAT.

Keep in mind that the DAT Bootcamp practice exams are recycled questions from the actual practice subject tests on its website but I noticed an improvement after reviewing my answers and areas I was weak in for all the sciences.

Bio, however, is a little difficult to gauge, just because of how much information you need to study and a lot of that time can be spent studying in other subject areas you're weaker in.
I honestly did not spend too much time in Bio, other than memorizing the taxonomy groups for Kingdom, Phylum, and some of the Class and other areas for anatomy/organ functions, etc.

Also, Arie's study DAT guide calendar was very helpful. He recommends supplementing DAT Destroyer (bio, OC, GC, and QR subjects) w/ DAT bootcamp.

My experience with DAT Destroyer was only helpful in reviewing OC, GC, and QR. *Best add'n resources when it comes to practicing for DAT. Go through these books once and then once more again to solidify what you know (as suggested on Arie's study guide). They're a bit pricey and do some shopping for these books.

Not so much with Bio b/c questions started to get bizarre and seemed side-tracked from what I thought I really needed to know.

How do the two compare for people who have taken the dat in 2017. Specifics on each section would be great
extremely close to the real DAT especially the QR, PAT and RC.
The Sciences were also pretty close. The biology I think was very similar to the randomness of Qvault bio.