DAT Bootcamp Question Bank Difficulty vs real OAT

D

deleted989644

Hello!

I wanted to ask this because I heard that the DAT and the OAT are both made by the same company...and the DAT Bootcamp system, which I have heard good things about, works for the OAT. I sent in my primary application earlier this week (it will probably be complete by the end of October since I'm using the professional transcript option) and am signed up to take the OAT in late November, though I'm willing to change it to get a good score.

I've been working on the Question Banks for DAT Bootcamp...and they seem quite hard overall. I mean...I didn't expect this to be a cakewalk, but the information required seems even harder than the MCAT - the other test I have taken.

My question is this: How does the information and questioning on DAT Bootcamp compare with the real OAT? Are all the questions as nasty as those seen in DAT Bootcamp?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It honestly just depends on your luck. Most people said the OAT was much easier but I personally think there were some questions on my exam that were much harder than any practice exam I took. For instance, for the organic chemistry section I usually scored a 340-350 on any practice exam I took (ex: scored a 340 on the Kaplan free practice test) but I did much worse on the actual exam. Just really depends on the type of questions you'll get.