DAT BOOTCAMP TWICE?? OR KAPLAN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChipSkylarkxxxshinyteeth

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently completed DAT Bootcamp and did not feel ready so I pushed my test date back and took a month off of studying to gather myself and spend time with loved ones. I am trying to decide if I should go through Ari's 10-week Study guide again or do a 6-week kaplan live online course. Has anyone else gone through something similar to this??

My practice scores ranked from worst to best are RC QR BIO GChem OChem PAT. Which program would you all recommend I go with to help improve? I might be comfortable taking the L on RC and just focusing on Math and Bio and brushing up on the chemistry sections.

Members don't see this ad.

I actually took the in-person Kaplan.
I also used Bootcamp.

Kaplan is not garbage like everyone claims, but it is extremely overpriced, to be honest.
If I can price it, I would make it 500 dollars instead of 1200.

Their strength lies in RC, Bio, and orgo
Their PAT and Math are good enough
Their Gen chem is harder than the real one.

Do you expect them to teach you? No, not really, unlike what Mikes Or chad's do by going over every topic
Kaplan has 6 hours on each subject where they go through important topics and high yield topics.
Meaning, if you are going to take their course, you need to study the assigned topics before you watch their videos.

They have quizzes on all the important topics, they also have qbank questions, of each subject.
I used their Bio and orgo quizzes, I like their explanations concise and to the point.

What I actually did, I read bio dynamite notes by Dr.Romano and watched Chad videos. So I didn't read the huge book, they provided us with, it's a good book, but I don't know! I prefer to study on pdf or using videos!

In the past, they had individual tests, but now they don't have this option. you can either design a test using the qbank or take a full-length test.

They have 7 tests now. They also give you a lesson book, so when you watch their videos you can take notes or solve questions.

I only took 1 full-length test which was test 2, but I took all their individuals tests that they now removed.
Their RC was not hard as Bootcamp, but not as easy as datqvault, it was kinda similar to the real test.

The course helped me with accountability and confidence, but the destroyer, bio dynmaite, chad and the tutor guy of organic chemistry helped me with the material review.

Now Kaplan has changed, I don't like how they don't have any individual tests anymore!

Bootcamp strength lies in their Gen chem, orgo, Pat and their exceptional customer service.
Their RC is way too hard to make you learn anything.
Their bio is very comprehensive but kinda they explain too much!
Their Math is good.
It's a good company.

Also, another option for you is datqvault. In my opinion, very underrated but very good!
Especially their Bio

By the way, I have 2018 destroyer. They added more questions and I don't know, it was worth it especially because they added the new type of math questions. Also, you can join Dr. Romano facebook group, he posts great things every day there,

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I actually took the in-person Kaplan.
I also used Bootcamp.

Kaplan is not garbage like everyone claims, but it is extremely overpriced, to be honest.
If I can price it, I would make it 500 dollars instead of 1200.

Their strength lies in RC, Bio, and orgo
Their PAT and Math are good enough
Their Gen chem is harder than the real one.

Do you expect them to teach you? No, not really, unlike what Mikes Or chad's do by going over every topic
Kaplan has 6 hours on each subject where they go through important topics and high yield topics.
Meaning, if you are going to take their course, you need to study the assigned topics before you watch their videos.

They have quizzes on all the important topics, they also have qbank questions, of each subject.
I used their Bio and orgo quizzes, I like their explanations concise and to the point.

What I actually did, I read bio dynamite notes by Dr.Romano and watched Chad videos. So I didn't read the huge book, they provided us with, it's a good book, but I don't know! I prefer to study on pdf or using videos!

In the past, they had individual tests, but now they don't have this option. you can either design a test using the qbank or take a full-length test.

They have 7 tests now. They also give you a lesson book, so when you watch their videos you can take notes or solve questions.

I only took 1 full-length test which was test 2, but I took all their individuals tests that they now removed.
Their RC was not hard as Bootcamp, but not as easy as datqvault, it was kinda similar to the real test.

The course helped me with accountability and confidence, but the destroyer, bio dynmaite, chad and the tutor guy of organic chemistry helped me with the material review.

Now Kaplan has changed, I don't like how they don't have any individual tests anymore!

Bootcamp strength lies in their Gen chem, orgo, Pat and their exceptional customer service.
Their RC is way too hard to make you learn anything.
Their bio is very comprehensive but kinda they explain too much!
Their Math is good.
It's a good company.

Also, another option for you is datqvault. In my opinion, very underrated but very good!
Especially their Bio

By the way, I have 2018 destroyer. They added more questions and I don't know, it was worth it especially because they added the new type of math questions. Also, you can join Dr. Romano facebook group, he posts great things every day there, .

Thank you for all of this! Sorry I haven't been on in a few days I think I need the accountability at this point I did the 10 weeks of Bootcamp fine but it sure burned me out. Thank you for the words, I have heard so much negative about Kaplan.

did bootcamp, solved some destroyer question got out with 27AA and 29PAT.. personally don't think other sources are that necessary.