DAT BOOTCAMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nucleophilicattack

Reaction score
IMG_5319.jpg

Hey Everyone! I just took the DAT 6/5/23 I had heard from various peers that Bootcamp was the way to go, and boy where they right!

PA: 21
QR: 19
RC: 21
Bio: 21
GC: 25
OC: 27
Total Science: 24
AA: 23

USE DAT BOOTCAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, the 12 week schedule is perfect. Not only do you relearn everything from your college classes, but it gives you time to practice all of the material. I started studying March 13, 2023 while I was still finishing winter semester. I would study for about 4-5 hours total. Then as soon as school got out I would study for 8 hours a day. I followed the schedule exactly, but after I finished what was on the checklist I would review things to make sure that I could commit it to long term memory and so that I would have fast recall to be able to answer all the questions in the allotted time. Before I get into specific strategy I would advise everyone to write down things they think they will forget while watching the videos and put them on flash cards. This was helpful for me to realize what I needed to memorize and how to strengthen my weaknesses.

For BIO I would use the BIO Bites and study about 3-4 sections a day and just use the Bio Bites as flash cards(USE THE TAGGING FEATURE). This was so helpful for the BIO section because it probably took me like 15 min to do all 40 questions just answering them super fast because I knew the answer to the questions before I even read the other possible options.

For Chem every day I would review 2 or 3 chapters after I relearned all the material from Dr. Mike (Who by the way is the actual GOAT. This man is such a good chem and ochem teacher, I literally got a 25 and 27 on chem and ochem because of him.) The chem practice questions are money because they literally teach you speed, they teach you the caveats to all the basic rules and before you know it it becomes one of your best sections. Repetition with these are key to make sure that you can comfortably solve problems.

Ochem: BOOTCAMPS OCHEM Prep is GOLD! After you relearn the material just practice doing 2-3 questions banks a day and some of the reaction bites. Before you know it you look at ochem as one of the easiest sections. Repetition is key, just keep practicing the questions and watch the explanations if you get it wrong.

PAT: I was very nervous for the PAT because its not something you practice until you take this test. Aside from the 12 week program I would spend 15 min a day on a specific section of the PAT. Monday-keyholes, tuesday TFE, etc. Bootcamps PAT is difficult, but it trains you to breeze through the actual DAT problems. Like I literally always struggled finishing the bootcamp practice test on time for PAt, but on the actual DAT I was flying like it was so easy. You train hard and then when its actually time to do the test the training makes it so easy.

RC: I was nervous for this before bootcamp because I have never done well on these including the ACT, but the reason why is because I never had a strategy. I learned a strategy from Bootcamp that changed this section for me. I can share the strategy if you all would like, but I have learned that everyone likes something different. Bootcamp has like 12 strategies that you can try. Once I found the right one for me it was game over.

QR: This was my lowest score, but truth be told I didnt practice much. I reviewed the “QR cheat sheet” a few times and did the practice questions in bootcamp, I got an average score here, but thats because I did the average work. You cant miss many questions on QR to get a high score, but if I had to do it over again i would just do more practice problems that bootcamp has because they have everything you could see.

My biggest advice is to put in the time and the work. I took off the month of may from work to make sure that I could dedicate 48 hours a week to studying. (this was additional to my studying from march until april) The work you put in will determine your scores. Also, DO THE PRACTICE TESTS!!!!! I kid you not my practice test score is identical to my actual DAT score like literally all of the categories match up perfectly. The practice tests teach you how to be fast. Also Bootcamp provides a 2 second delay after each questions which is a perfect simulation for the actual computer software. The practice tests also mix all of the questions from bootcamp and so you really get exposed on what you know and dont know. While you may get a bad score on your first practice test you learn what you need to keep practicing.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user