DAT Breakdown 08/31/16

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bballjake300

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Damn, is this real life?? I can't even tell you in words how happy I am that this test is over and done with FOREVER.

PAT: 23
QR: 26
RC: 22
Bio: 22
GC: 23
OC: 26
TS: 23
AA: 24

This is more for those who feel like they're incapable of scoring high on the DAT. If I can do it then YOU can do it. Let me tell you.. It's ALL EFFORT. In my life.. NOTHING came easy, everything I did up until now was pure hard work and 110% effort. My overall GPA is a 3.85 and science GPA 3.91. I know and been around so many naturally brilliant people that barely study and manage to beat me at every test possible. It's rough but you know what, I take hard work over innate abilities any day. If I slacked the slightest in college I would've gotten destroyed. This is applies to the DAT as well. If I didn't put 4 months of hard work into studying for this test I definitely wouldn't have come near to scoring 21 I can guarantee you that.

The Actual DAT Experience
PAT- Jeez..I don't know what to say about this.. but I guess it was fair?? I did the first 4 PAT sections of Bootcamp and scored all around 22s. But the keyhole section on the actual DAT was harder than Bootcamp. When studying..TFE was the most I worried about on the PAT section (I was always like THERE'S NO WAY I CAN GET ABOVE 3/15 for a good 3 weeks). If you study for it long enough it you can definitely see it improvements I'm not kidding.. but yea the hardest sections were keyhole and OMG ANGLES ARE SO STUPID literally the same angle for like 8 of them.. so hard to notice the difference so I just took gut feeling guesses..

GC-VERY EASY honestly I don't know why I got a 23.. felt like I should've gotten higher but oh well..
(IF YOU DO BOOT CAMP AND DESTROYER AND CHADS VIDEOS YOU'RE SET)

OC - Exact same for GC VERY EASY.

RC- Holy I'm a horrible reader and I was gonna kill my self reading the first passage. It was only 7 paragraphs long but the questions they were asking were so stupid.. It took my 22 minutes to do the first passage and I felt like I was doomed. Then I proceeded to the 2nd and third and IT WAS CAKE. Literally search and destroy all in order I felt so relieved three quarters way through you have no idea...

QR- SO EASY I'm not kidding. If you can do destroyer and Bootcamp you can definitely score high as hell on this. I was never interested in math so I hated learning all this stuff but eventually you just become so fast at it seeing the problems 100x each.

Bio- Honestly screw this. No matter how much you study for it you'll still get random questions that you haven't seen before was so frustrated with this section.. Learned the destroyer inside out and there were like 5 that I haven't seen before so idk..

MONTH 1
Studied GC and OC using the famous Chad's Videos and did his questions. I also started watching Bio videos on crash course. The one thing I was very pleased with starting early was PAT. MAKE SURE YOU STUDY PAT VERY EARLY!! Let me tell you If I hadn't done so I would've been very stressed because the first month was lighter than the rest and after the first month I finally got the hang of PAT and so I didn't study it much during the 2nd and 3rd months and went back to it the 4th month only to pick off exactly where I was which was a great spot getting 22s on bootcamp.

MONTH 2
MAKE SURE YOU START QR EARLY. I have to say I suck at math..but if you put the time and effort into learning Bootcamp and destroyer math you'll definitely DESTROY the DAT. I was flying through every question on the actual DAT. When I first started QR however, I was very slowing and also got 50% of the questions wrong on bootcamp and destroyer. I also started working on Bootcamp and Destroyer for Chem and Orgo.

MONTH 3
This is where I started to get nervous because of the amount I still had to study. I kept practicing math,chem, and orgo lightly while mainly focusing on bio. Holy man... studying for bio was brutal. Destroyer seriously destroyed me. How I learned all the bio information on DAT was using QUIZLET and putting all the random information that I didn't know into there and then every other day just study them.

MONTH 4 was the bulkiest of the months. The first half of the month I made sure I knew everything about all the sections of DESTROYER and BOOTCAMP. The second half the month I decided to buy DAT GENIUS and QVAULT(for bio) and studied all the tests to learn more information. I also did the 2007 and 2009 tests during this time. The last 2 weeks is where I spent most of my time doing Reading. I'm a horrible reader so if I can score a 22 with only 1-2weeks practice you guys can definitely do so too. I also touched up on PAT and finalized my studies.

The day of the test I definitely studied until the very end haha that's just me though do what works for you!

So the best advice I can give for those that have months before DAT and don't know how to study. I HIGHLY SUGGEST you start PAT AND QR early! I've seen so many breakdowns where people regret not studying for QR or PAT early enough and their scores sank. Anyway! That's all

I'd like to thank Ari for creating Bootcamp, the destroyer team/book, Dat Genius, QVAULT, and all of SDN who helped me with questions that prepared me for the test. Definitely Appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Damn, is this real life?? I can't even tell you in words how happy I am that this test is over and done with FOREVER.

PAT: 23
QR: 26
RC: 22
Bio: 22
GC: 23
OC: 26
TS: 23
AA: 24

This is more for those who feel like they're incapable of scoring high on the DAT. If I can do it then YOU can do it. Let me tell you.. It's ALL EFFORT. In my life.. NOTHING came easy, everything I did up until now was pure hard work and 110% effort. My overall GPA is a 3.85 and science GPA 3.91. I know and been around so many naturally brilliant people that barely study and manage to beat me at every test possible. It's rough but you know what, I take hard work over innate abilities any day. If I slacked the slightest in college I would've gotten destroyed. This is applies to the DAT as well. If I didn't put 4 months of hard work into studying for this test I definitely wouldn't have come near to scoring 21 I can guarantee you that.

The Actual DAT Experience
PAT- Jeez..I don't know what to say about this.. but I guess it was fair?? I did the first 4 PAT sections of Bootcamp and scored all around 22s. But the keyhole section on the actual DAT was harder than Bootcamp. When studying..TFE was the most I worried about on the PAT section (I was always like THERE'S NO WAY I CAN GET ABOVE 3/15 for a good 3 weeks). If you study for it long enough it you can definitely see it improvements I'm not kidding.. but yea the hardest sections were keyhole and OMG ANGLES ARE SO STUPID literally the same angle for like 8 of them.. so hard to notice the difference so I just took gut feeling guesses..

GC-VERY EASY honestly I don't know why I got a 23.. felt like I should've gotten higher but oh well..
(IF YOU DO BOOT CAMP AND DESTROYER AND CHADS VIDEOS YOU'RE SET)

OC - Exact same for GC VERY EASY.

RC- Holy I'm a horrible reader and I was gonna kill my self reading the first passage. It was only 7 paragraphs long but the questions they were asking were so stupid.. It took my 22 minutes to do the first passage and I felt like I was doomed. Then I proceeded to the 2nd and third and IT WAS CAKE. Literally search and destroy all in order I felt so relieved three quarters way through you have no idea...

QR- SO EASY I'm not kidding. If you can do destroyer and Bootcamp you can definitely score high as hell on this. I was never interested in math so I hated learning all this stuff but eventually you just become so fast at it seeing the problems 100x each.

Bio- Honestly screw this. No matter how much you study for it you'll still get random questions that you haven't seen before was so frustrated with this section.. Learned the destroyer inside out and there were like 5 that I haven't seen before so idk..

MONTH 1
Studied GC and OC using the famous Chad's Videos and did his questions. I also started watching Bio videos on crash course. The one thing I was very pleased with starting early was PAT. MAKE SURE YOU STUDY PAT VERY EARLY!! Let me tell you If I hadn't done so I would've been very stressed because the first month was lighter than the rest and after the first month I finally got the hang of PAT and so I didn't study it much during the 2nd and 3rd months and went back to it the 4th month only to pick off exactly where I was which was a great spot getting 22s on bootcamp.

MONTH 2
MAKE SURE YOU START QR EARLY. I have to say I suck at math..but if you put the time and effort into learning Bootcamp and destroyer math you'll definitely DESTROY the DAT. I was flying through every question on the actual DAT. When I first started QR however, I was very slowing and also got 50% of the questions wrong on bootcamp and destroyer. I also started working on Bootcamp and Destroyer for Chem and Orgo.

MONTH 3
This is where I started to get nervous because of the amount I still had to study. I kept practicing math,chem, and orgo lightly while mainly focusing on bio. Holy man... studying for bio was brutal. Destroyer seriously destroyed me. How I learned all the bio information on DAT was using QUIZLET and putting all the random information that I didn't know into there and then every other day just study them.

MONTH 4 was the bulkiest of the months. The first half of the month I made sure I knew everything about all the sections of DESTROYER and BOOTCAMP. The second half the month I decided to buy DAT GENIUS and QVAULT(for bio) and studied all the tests to learn more information. I also did the 2007 and 2009 tests during this time. The last 2 weeks is where I spent most of my time doing Reading. I'm a horrible reader so if I can score a 22 with only 1-2weeks practice you guys can definitely do so too. I also touched up on PAT and finalized my studies.

The day of the test I definitely studied until the very end haha that's just me though do what works for you!

So the best advice I can give for those that have months before DAT and don't know how to study. I HIGHLY SUGGEST you start PAT AND QR early! I've seen so many breakdowns where people regret not studying for QR or PAT early enough and their scores sank. Anyway! That's all

I'd like to thank Ari for creating Bootcamp, the destroyer team/book, Dat Genius, QVAULT, and all of SDN who helped me with questions that prepared me for the test. Definitely Appreciate it!
Congratulations! You have been around a while and so happy to see you Destroyed the Beast! Thanks for the shout out and good luck in your journey to becoming a dentist.

Nancy and Dr. Romano aka Orgoman Team

Not sure what's a bigger confidence killer, being a Canadian or being a SDN lurker lmfao

Congrats dude.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your scores! You were worried about biology last week but you blew it out of the water! :claps:

Attachments

• IMG_4432.jpg
    IMG_4432.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! You have been around a while and so happy to see you Destroyed the Beast! Thanks for the shout out and good luck in your journey to becoming a dentist.

Nancy and Dr. Romano aka Orgoman Team
Thank you so much!!

Reactions: 1 user