DAT Breakdown 24 AA/ 23 TS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raysoflight

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just finished my DAT today, and to be totally honest I never thought I'd get a score like this lol. So for all of you future test takers, keep your head up regardless of scores you're getting on practice exams! I followed DAT Bootcamps study schedule and added some of my own stuff along the way. I spent 11 and 1/2 weeks and probably 6-10 hours everyday. Thank you @Ari Rezaei @orgoman22 @FeralisExtremum for creating resources that helped me get scores higher than I thought possible!!

Materials used:
DAT Bootcamp
DAT and Math Destroyer
Feralis Notes
Youtube

Bio (24): I thought for the most part the questions were pretty simple, except for some which I had absolutely no idea about. As everyone else says BREADTH OVER DEPTH! I went through Bio Destroyer twice, and had an excel sheet where I kept track of what I got wrong and had notes to each question on there. Thank you @artist2022 for this idea! According to Bootcamps schedule you spend two days on each Cliffs chapter, one day on Cliffs and the other day on Feralis Notes. After the Cliffs portion was done in Bootcamps schedule, I would then study one section of Feralis notes again and again, usually just rewriting the notes.

Chem (22): I thought I nailed this section, was only unsure on one question, but oh well. I went through destroyer 3x and kept a notebook full of mistakes I was making on both bootcamp and destroyer. Mikes videos were amazing, and I loved having ready made outlines that I could add more notes to.

Ochem (23): Wasnt too bad, thought there'd be more reaction questions, but I guess it all worked out. Mikes videos were amazing for this too! Covered every reaction I did end up seeing. Went through destroyer 3x and kept a notebook full of mistakes that I could review again and again.

PAT (21): "Practice? We're talking about practice?" -Allen Iverson
Lol, all i can say is just keep practicing this everyday. Bootcamps generators were amazing, and I redid some PAT tests, especially for sections I struggled in like TFE and Keyholes. I think I had like 2 rocks only. For angles the Hill method worked best for me.

RC (23): I guess I got lucky, never scored higher than 21 on BC, Most of my questions were Search and Destroy and in order. I have never been a great reader, and reading sections on tests have always brought me down like the SAT :bang:. Just keep practicing reading everyday!

QR (28): Used most of Math Destroyer, and all of Bootcamps tests. Math has always been one of my favorite subjects so I just had to get reacquainted with the types of questions, and practice the different types Id expect to see. QC questions seemed alot less tricky on the real DAT than BC.

Overall Im so glad to be done, and am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow, Good Luck to Future test Takers!!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 7.22.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 7.22.11 PM.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 138
  • DAT score.jpg
    DAT score.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations! Enjoy your rest, will miss answering y our questions on SDN. Thanks for the shout out and good luck in your journey to becoming a dentist.

Dr. Jim Romano

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome scores!
Congratulations!
Best of luck!
28 in QR is incredible!
I have a question, were there many QC at your QR?
and did you take DAT 2009/2007, and if so what do you think of the real dat, was something in between those practice tests or similar to one of them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome scores!
Congratulations!
Best of luck!
28 in QR is incredible!
I have a question, were there many QC at your QR?
and did you take DAT 2009/2007, and if so what do you think of the real dat, was something in between those practice tests or similar to one of them?

Thank you! There weren't too many, I think maybe 5-7 QC questions, and most of them seemed pretty simple. I just had to consider positives, negatives, and fractions for like 2 of them at most. I only did the sciences for those two. 2007 Test: I got a 22 bio, 25 chem, and 30 ochem, 2009 test I got 22 bio, 26 chem, and 21 ochem (Not sure if i scored the 2009 right, there were so many errors). I felt bio was pretty similar to both of the tests, chem and ochem were a good amount easier on the 2007 and 2009 compared to the real test