Dat breakdown 5/19 22 AA 24 TS 23 PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Likkriue

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im so glad I got this off my chest! I'll give as accurate a breakdown as I can for you guys.
My score total is:
24 TS
22 AA

I would like to thank Nancy for giving me a call the day before and giving me tips! It really helped to calm my nerves! Thanks to Dr Romano for supplying great books! Thanks to DBC and Ari( for giving me that extra two weeks on BC for free that defintely helped my scores), And of course, thanks to Feralis for his notes!
For those of you who are anxious about the exam or prepping for it, I would like to share my preliminary scores on Dat Bootcamp

16 BIO 17 GC 14 OC 20 RC 17 QR 16 PAT.

After getting these scores after a month of studying, I was shocked because I did well in bio and OC in my classes. And I spent quite a bit of time studying. I want to show you guys that practice scores can always be improved on!

Now the materials I used:
Dat destroyer + math destroyer 10/10, absolutely essential. EVERY section. I went through the book over and over again, from the beginning I started studying to the day I took the test. Two days out, I finished the whole book again and it took about 8 hours. I did it to make sure most of it was on my mind.

Chadsvideos 10/10
I used both versions of Chadsvideos, on coursesaver (used Coursesaver for the first month) and on his new website www.chadsvideos.com. I wanted to cut costs because coursesaver was expensive and his new website was free for now. The latter two months I took to studying was spent most on chadsvideos. It is essential if your background in chemistry and organic chemistry is not strong to utilize his videos. They cover everything you need to know including tons of great tips and quizzes to help you achieve an amazing score.

Dat Bootcamp 10/10
Literally predicted my score to the T, I averaged around 21-22. The science were around 20+ as well when I took the last three exams leading up to the test. The other 2 I took to see my progress. Their Pat section is the BEST on the internet. Use their generators daily to keep yourself sharp. Ari is one of the nicest guys and he will answer your questions quick, so don't hesitate to email/leave a message if you have any questions about DBC.

Feralis Notes 8/10 I would've given this a bit higher if I used it more. I did use it to learn some stuff not covered on the destroyer, but I got most if not all of the information out of the destroyer. It is still one of the essential tools as Feralis leaves no notes unturned. I read it daily on my train rides to refresh my mind of many topics.

Those 4 tools are pretty much the only ones I used. I did have the kalpan blue book and cliffs AP bio but I never opened them.

Now for the DAT!

Biology : Some questions were mentioned straight from the destroyer. There was not a question not covered by destroyer and overall was pretty straight forward. Some were a bit more conceptual but nothing unlike that from bootcamp. I scored 1 point higher than the highest on bootcamp. I think there were only 2-3 "hard" questions.

Chemistry :The easiest of the sections, I blasted through this in under 15 minutes. Of course I must've made a mistake somewhere. The calculations were extremely basic and was a lot easier than destroyer. Compared to bootcamp, I would say it was slightly easier. I got two points higher than my highest on bootcamp.

Organic Chemistry: Oh boy, there were two questions that probably stumped me. Otherwise everything was covered on bootcamp and the destroyer. The two questions were reactions I haven't seen before and I took hail mary guesses at those. I wish I could remember what the reagents were. Overall easier than the destroyer and easier than bootcamp. I did not encounter any laboratory questions in chemistry or organic chemistry, which was odd. My highest score on bootcamp, 26 was higher than my score here.

Reading Comprehension: Was much much harder than any practice test I took. I averaged 23+ on bootcamp and a 26 on the 2009 test. there were terms like "achronic", "Impetuous", "garrulity" That had me scratching my head. I had to look these up after the test and lo and behold got them all wrong. I felt like I was taking a advanced english course. Also had to do 2 calculations involving dates.

Quantitative Reasoning: My weakest section and it showed, the questions were doable except for a few I just couldnt do. The test is much easier and more forgiving than bootcamp and destroyer. I get about 25/40 on those, so theres hope here. Also the keyboard worked for the calculator which is a plus.

Perceptual Ability :

Keyholes: Was just as hard as they are on bootcamp. My biggest complaint is that their proportions alone were off. I bailed on this section and went through it quick. No point of wasting time here. I must have gotten everything else right to get this 23.
TFE: Were a joke, I think i got a 15/15 here. Bootcamp will prepare you well, make sure to use their visualizer to help you.
Angles: Bootcamp will make you want to buy rope, but on the dat there were angles literally 20 degrees apart. There were maybe 3 bootcamp level questions( on the easier side) that were completely doable.
Holepunch: Piece of cake, practice with bootcamps generators and you are good.
Cube counting: Same with holepunching, use their generators and you are good. The cube count never went past 20.
Pattern Folding: All doable except one that had me scratching my head. It was pretty much a Bunch of ovals and nothing else. The answer key had two cubes 1 sphere and 1 cone. I was like what in the world, I chose the sphere. Dont know If it was right. Overall just about on par with bootcamp. Practice with their generators and you are good.

Overall I fell really good during the exam. I didnt use more than two pieces of paper. I practiced the PAT without touching a piece of paper, so thats probably why.
I feel that the 2009 exam is too easy compared to the real thing. 2007 I took in the beggining and averaged a 19. So I wouldnt put too much into that one. If you have any questions Dont hesitate to ask!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• datscores.png
    datscores.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 915
Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
Nice work! That should get you plenty of interviews.

I take my test on June 17 (about 3 weeks away). I have gone through the Destroyer Gen Chem, and half way through the Destroyer OChem...but I haven't taken a single practice test yet. When did you start/when do you suggest taking the first practice test? I don't want to waste any so I want to be as prepared as possible.

Nice work! That should get you plenty of interviews.

I take my test on June 17 (about 3 weeks away). I have gone through the Destroyer Gen Chem, and half way through the Destroyer OChem...but I haven't taken a single practice test yet. When did you start/when do you suggest taking the first practice test? I don't want to waste any so I want to be as prepared as possible.

I took them weekly, about a month out from my exam. So Taking them now would'nt be a bad idea. They are practice, because they will identify your weaknesses!. Fun fact: I scored a 14 in bio on my first "serious" practice test. Got 21 and 21 on the next two cause I knew something had to change. I finished about 1/3 of the bio destroyer then, but I took the time to redo the whole bio destroyer with meticulous notes. If you have time, try to go through the destroyer more than once.

I forgot to mention that I didnt study on sats-mon cause of full time work. And I studied about 4-6 hours a day when I could. So if you ever feel you need a break, take it!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I studied for about 3 months total.

Chadsvideos was sufficient for be because I got Coursesaver for a month already. Coursesaver is more DAT specific while chadsvideos will go through some stuff that is unlikely to show up on the DAT.

Im so glad I got this off my chest! I'll give as accurate a break as I can for you guys.
My score total is
23 PAT
19 QR <--- D:
20 RC <---D:
22 Bio
26 GC
24 OC
24 TS
22 AA

I would like to thank Nancy for giving me a call the day before and giving me tips! It really helped to calm my nerves! Thanks to Dr Romano for supplying great books! Thanks to DBC and Ari( for giving me that extra two weeks on BC for free that defintely helped my scorees), And of course, thanks to Feralis for his notes!
For those of you who are anxious about the exam or prepping for it, I would like to share my preliminary scores on Dat Bootcamp

16 BIO 17 GC 14 OC 20 RC 17 QR 16 PAT. After getting these scores after a month of studying, I was shocked because I did well in bio and OC in my classes. And I spent quite a bit of time studying. I want to show you guys that practice scores can always be improved on!

Now the materials I used:
Dat destroyer + math destroyer 10/10, absolutely essential. EVERY section. I went through the book over and over again, from the beginning to the day I took the test. Two days out, I finished the whole book again and it took about 8 hours, but I did it to make sure most of it was on my mind.

Chadsvideos 10/10
I used both versions of Chadsvideos, on coursesaver(for the first month) and on his new website www.chadsvideos.com. I wanted to cut costs because coursesaver was expensive and his new website was free for now. The latter two months I took to studying was spent most on chadsvideos. It is essential if your background in chemistry and organic chemistry is not strong to utilize his videos. They cover everything you need to know including tons of great tips to help you achieve an amazing score.

Dat Bootcamp 10/10
Literally predicted my score to the T, I averaged around 21-22. The science were around 20+ as well when I took the last three exams leading up to the test. The other 2 I took to see my progress. Their Pat section is the BEST on the internet.

Feralis Notes 8/10 I would've given this a bit higher if I used it more. I did use it to learn some stuff not covered on the destroyer, but I got most if not all of the information out of the destroyer. It is still one of the essential tools as Feralis leaves no notes unturned. I read it daily on my train rides to refresh my mind of many topics.

Those 4 tools are pretty much the only ones I used. I did have the kalpan blue book and cliffs AP bio but I never opened them.

Now for the DAT!

Biology 22: Some questions were mentioned straight from the destroyer. There was not a question not covered by destroyer and overall was pretty straight forward. Some were a bit more conceptual but nothing unlike that from bootcamp. I scored 1 point higher than the highest on bootcamp. I think there were only 2-3 "hard" questions.

Chemistry 26: The easiest of the sections, I blasted through this in under 15 minutes. Of course I must've made a mistake somewhere. The calculations were extremely basic and was a lot easier than destroyer. Compared to bootcamp, I would say it was slightly easier. I got two points higher than my highest on bootcamp.

Organic Chemistry 24: Oh boy, there were two questions that probably stumped me. Otherwise everything was covered on bootcamp and the destroyer. The two questions were reactions I haven't seen before and I took hail mary guesses at those. I wish I could remember what the reagents were. Overall easier than the destroyer and easier than bootcamp. I did not encounter any laboratory questions in chemistry or organic chemistry, which was odd. My highest score on bootcamp, 26 was higher than my organic.

Reading Comprehension 20: Was much much harder than any practice test I took. I averaged 23+ on bootcamp and a 26 on the 2009 test. there were terms like "achronic", "Impetuous", "garrulity" That had me scratching my head. I had to look these up after the test and lo and behold got them all wrong. I felt like I was taking a advanced english course. Also had to do 2 calculations involving dates.

Quantitative Reasoning 19: My weakest section and it showed, the questions were doable except for a few I just couldnt do. The test is much easier and more forgiving than bootcamp and destroyer. I get about 25/40 on those, so theres hope here. Also the keyboard worked for the calculator which is a plus.

Perceptual Ability 23:

Keyholes: Was just as hard as they are on bootcamp. My biggest complaint is that their proportions alone were off. I bailed on this section and went through it quick. No point of wasting time here. I must have gotten everything else right to get this 23.
TFE: Were a joke, I think i got a 15/15 here. Bootcamp will prepare you well, make sure to use their visualizer to help you.
Angles: Bootcamp will make you want to buy rope, but on the dat there were angles literally 20 degrees apart. There were maybe 3 bootcamp level questions( on the easier side) that were completely doable.
Holepunch: Piece of cake, practice with bootcamps generators and you are good.
Cube counting: Same with holepunching, use their generators and you are good. The cube count never went past 20.
Pattern Folding: All doable except one that had me scratching my head. It was pretty much a Bunch of ovals and nothing else. The answer key had two cubes 1 sphere and 1 cone. I was like what in the world, I chose the sphere. Dont know If it was right. Overall just about on par with bootcamp. Practice with their generators and you are good.

Overall I fell really good during the exam. I didnt use more than two pieces of paper. I practiced the PAT without touching a piece of paper, so thats probably why.
I feel that the 2009 exam is too easy compared to the real thing. 2007 I took in the beggining and averaged a 19. So I wouldnt put too much into that one. If you have any questions Dont hesitate to ask!
Wow!!! Congratulations! You did it! DAT Beast Destroyed! Thanks so much for the shout out and so happy our materials were part of your DAT toolbox. You had the tools but you are the one who did the hard work. Your dedication to study resulted in stellar scores!

You will not have problems getting interviews and acceptances, hope you have some ivy league schools in the mix.

Wishing you the very best..

Nancy and Dr. Jim Romano

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
You will have problems getting interviews and acceptances

LOL I think in your excitement you forgot something here Nancy xD.

If OP with a 22AA/24TS has problems, then we're all in trouble!!

Reactions: 1 users
LOL I think in your excitement you forgot something here Nancy xD.

If OP with a 22AA/24TS has problems, then we're all in trouble!!
LOL LOL, opps, sorry I did edit..Yes I was very excited with those great scores. Makes my day when a student does well.

Thanks for making me laugh and bringing this to my attention.

Nancy

Reactions: 3 users
You knocked it out of the park! Congratulations and thanks for your detailed breakdown. Let me know if you ever come interview at Columbia or NYU :)

Oh I definitely will! Would be great to thank you in person for your great tools!

When you were going over Destroyer the 2 or 3 time, did you read all the explanations or just go through the questions and look at the answer?

When you were going over Destroyer the 2 or 3 time, did you read all the explanations or just go through the questions and look at the answer?
I absolutely went over each and every explanation over and over again. That's the only way it'll get drilled into my head.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, congratulations on your incredible scores! Those are absolutely amazing scores (that PAT, AA, and TS are beautiful). I wish you the best of luck in this upcoming application cycle!

Averaged 21-22AA. All sciences pat and RC were 20+. Qr 17-18.

Goodluck!
Were the second five bootcamp QR tests more accurate for the real DAT QR than the first five? My first five seem to be lower, but I can't tell if I'm just getting better

Were the second five bootcamp QR tests more accurate for the real DAT QR than the first five? My first five seem to be lower, but I can't tell if I'm just getting better
I found the first 5 to be easier tbh. Dunno I never did great on any of them lol.

Would you recommend Chads videos on his new website or the one on course saver to prepare for Chem and Ochem sections? Also for angle ranking, how did you go about on that? It's probably my worst section on PAT along with keyholes.

Would you recommend Chads videos on his new website or the one on course saver to prepare for Chem and Ochem sections? Also for angle ranking, how did you go about on that? It's probably my worst section on PAT along with keyholes.

I practiced with the angle generator on both bootcamp and datgenius every single day for about 15-20 minutes. For keyholes I just redid bootcamps extra keyholes every once in awhile. Practice makes perfect.
If you could afford coursesaver, use those for now because they are DAT specific. The free ones are okay, but only if you've gone through the coursesaver at least once. The free ones will cover beyond what you need for the DAT.

I practiced with the angle generator on both bootcamp and datgenius every single day for about 15-20 minutes. For keyholes I just redid bootcamps extra keyholes every once in awhile. Practice makes perfect.
If you could afford coursesaver, use those for now because they are DAT specific. The free ones are okay, but only if you've gone through the coursesaver at least once. The free ones will cover beyond what you need for the DAT.
Thank you for your response. One more thing I would like to ask. I am not familiar with datgenius until recently, but would either datgenius or bootcamp prepare me fairly equally for the dat? thanks again.

Thank you for your response. One more thing I would like to ask. I am not familiar with datgenius until recently, but would either datgenius or bootcamp prepare me fairly equally for the dat? thanks again.

I never paid for the full subscription for datgenius. I only have experience with their free exams. Their sciences are on par for orgo and chem, except bio which is much harder. However I did use their free angle ranking and holepunching generators along with DBC generators. I like datgeniuses holepunching generator much better because its alot more difficult. Meanwhile angle ranking is about the same, genius has better solutions.
I would however get DBC because I have experience with it.

@Likkriue sick scores! It must feel so good to have this over with! As for the Destroyer Biology sections, did you think that all the detail and random facts were worthwhile to note and memorize? Or would you say that focusing on big picture stuff like applying physiology was more important? I'm cramming Feralis notes and making my own flashcards and outlines but there seems to be a LOT of random stuff like kangroo rats eating fats to generate water.

Also, with angle ranking on the Bootcamp generators, I couldn't agree more!! I feel like Theon Greyjoy...slow torture everyday X_X making the same mistakes over and over on impossible angles... Any advice on how you conquered that part??

@Likkriue sick scores! It must feel so good to have this over with! As for the Destroyer Biology sections, did you think that all the detail and random facts were worthwhile to note and memorize? Or would you say that focusing on big picture stuff like applying physiology was more important? I'm cramming Feralis notes and making my own flashcards and outlines but there seems to be a LOT of random stuff like kangroo rats eating fats to generate water.

Also, with angle ranking on the Bootcamp generators, I couldn't agree more!! I feel like Theon Greyjoy...slow torture everyday X_X making the same mistakes over and over on impossible angles... Any advice on how you conquered that part??

Random stuff will appear, you have to use everything you learned to piece things together. And I believe if you have the time, taking notes of the destroyer would give you an advantage. Many many questions appeared on my DAT worded differently. It is always better to get the whole idea, but its not too bad an idea to memorize a fact. My favorite example was rain shadows. I thought to myself how on earth is this ever going to appear on the exam. I googled it up, got a nice idea about what it is and never thought about it again. Guess what happened? It showed up. And thanks to my little google search that took all of 30 seconds, I got a question I might've gotten wrong right. And on the DAT, EVERY question counts.

Im not sure I ever conquered the angle ranking. Sometimes I get 5/15 sometimes 14/15, even at the end of my studied. Granted the angles from PAT test 6-10 are insane. My advice is to just use Datgeniuses angle generator and bootcamps over and over again. PAT is a skill that needs to be honed everyday.

Goodluck man!

LOLLL I literally just read about rain shadows flipping through the end pages of Feralis's Notes.

Yea, I just finished PAT 7 on BC. Quite absurd angles.

I am definitely going to take your approach at Keyhole and fly through it. I know I can nail all the sections in PAT except Keyhole and Angle Rank, but yea Keyhole is a time trap. Thanks for your advice!

The thirsty Likky is just too stronc. If he didn't get unlucky with RC he'd have a higher or equal AA to me and be laffing at me ;)

Awesome work. I hope you got accepted at your dream school!
I have a question. How did you improve your RC.

I think he was always good at RC and got a bit unlucky on his test tbh haha. There's tons of tips floating around everywhere; you got to find a strategy that fits you @Faefly .