DAT Breakdown (AA 22/ TS 23/ PAT 23) 09/14/15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yoyoyoymannn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I decided to make a DAT breakdown because every advice that I have received from SDS really helped me a lot. I would not have gotten the score without SDS, so here is my breakdown.

Just took the DAT yesterday and received the following scores:
Bio 22
GC 24
OC 24
RC 19
QR 19
PAT 23
TS 23
AA 22

Materials:
DAT Bootcamp- DAT bootcamp really helped a lot. Bootcamp is a good learning resource, but you should not use this to gauge your score. Once again Great learning source.
DAT Destroyer- This is MUST! Destroyer will really save you for BIO/G-Chem. MUST MUST
QVault- Qvault was great for reading. I thought Qvault reading was very representative for the actual DAT.
Also Qvault is a really good learning tool for Bio. Just do all of them 2 or 3 times. If you are studying DAT for 2 month, you should finish Qvault all of the ten tests and redo them 2 or 3 weeks later. Study your weakness area on your study.
Cliffs AP Biology 3rd edition- Very thorough. Before you study bio, you should try to read this before you do anything.
Feralis Notes- Excellent summary of Biology. Organizes information like how you might take notes, and highlights important concepts and reminders of some misconceptions.
Crack DAT PAT- Pat practice tests were good. I got around 22-23 on CDT tests (1/2/3/4/5), and I got the same score range on the real.
Bootcamp PAT - If you want to challenge yourself, bootcamp PAT is actually really good practice for PAT. I was getting 18/20/19/20/20/20/20/20/20/20, but they were all harder than the real PAT.
Kaplan DAT 7th edition- Bio was good, but Cliff/ Feralis/ Destroyer would suffice.

Overview:
hmm where should I start. I am a religion major in my college and becoming a junior this year, and my science knowledge is not that great. I am not a smart guy so.. as long as you study hard and believe in yourself, you should do fine for the exam.
Subjects:

Bio: Biology can be one of the toughest section for the DAT. I used cliffnote in the beginning to study for biology. Cliff note is very thorough and detail source for biology. If you are weak on biology, you should start studying with cliffnote first and understand the concepts very well. After you finish your study with cliff note, I would suggest you to do DAT Destroyer and get exposed to many different types of questions and examples provided in destroyer. DAT Destroyer is a must for biology because this destroyer really saved me from the real DAT. Use Destroyer as a study tool and understand the details in the answer keys. I studied every vocabs given in the destroyer, and at the end they really save me from the misery. Bootcamp bio were great because format of the test is very similar to the real DAT. Use feralis to study for the vocabs n concepts that you don't know.
GC: For GC, I just watched Chad. Chad covers about 90~93% of the test n DDestroyer will cover the rest of the 10-7% of the test. I was a GC ta for my school, so GC was not that hard for me. However, I still suggest you to watch Chad and take some good notes. Chad is a really good learning source to understand conceptually, and destroyer will teach you how to use those concepts. Concepts for the destroyers are all important and know them well! Try to finish watching all the videos from chad in 1 week, and solve DAT destroyer in 2nd week. Then you should be good to get above 22 in GC. ( Make sure not to forget anything tho)
OC: hmmm.....I can't really say about OC. I used Chad to study my weakness in OC like IR/ Stereo/ Sugar/ Amino Acid. Chad is a great resource for OC although I only watched few videos. I just solved oddy destroyer n dat destroyer to study for the oc. I don't really know what is best for OC because I thought they were all little different from the real DAT, My professor taught me very well for OC, and it used those concepts more in real DAT. BUTT I still think destroyer/ Chad/ bootcamp were great resources for OC.
PAT: CTD PAT/ Bootcamp would be enough.
DAT Bootcamp
Keyhole:
Bootcamp was harder, and CTD was easier. Do both of them.
Top/Front/End: Just try to visualize it. There are good explanation given by people in SDS. Go thorough those advice and techniques. Bootcamp n CTD were harder. real TFE was quite easy.
Angles: CTD/ Bootcamp were harder than the real pat. I was getting 8 wrongs from each test from bootcamp n ctd. However, real pat angles were easy. They only give you 2-3 tricky angle problems.
Hole Punch: Just use the mouse to keep track the hole. I did not do 4x4 grid because it would waste so much of my time. Just do CTD tests for hole punching and master this area. This is the area that I am very comfortable. I usually finish them in 6-7 min, so I can spend more time on keyholes and pattern.
Cube Counting: Pretty straightforward. Write numbers 0-5 and make tally marks as you count all the cubes. Count all the faces, don't forget about hidden cubes. Count by rows or columns so you don't miss anything or double count. Try to finish them in 6 minutes. Once again... you need to save times here and holepunching for keyhole n pattern.
Pattern Folding: CTD was easier, and bootcamp was harder. Bootcamp pattern would suffice for this section.
RC: haha.. can't say much b/c I did bad on RC. However, qvault was a very good representation for the real rc. Bootcamp was extremely hard, but good practice.

QR: Math destroyer would suffice n Chad for the concepts that you knew when you were in high school. Sadly, I am really not good at math, and I never liked Math. Math is my worst subject although I am asian. My brain fried from RC during my test, but real QR is much easier than Math destroyer.

Anyways thank you for reading my breakdown!
I will upload my score later tonight bc my lap is low on battery.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 75
Very solid job! Could you possibly share your BC scores as well?
my score for biology was 19-21 range. I started doing bootcamp when I was done watching chad n I was getting 21-23. For, Ochem I was getting 21-23. However, I solved them at least 2 times and master the concepts there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Very solid scores. Congrats on being done :)
Did you go over the destroyer more than once?
Yes. I went over destroyer twice for gchem n ochem. I went over bio once and wrote down all the vocabs and concepts that I didn't know. I think destroyer helped the most.

my score for biology was 19-21 range. I started doing bootcamp when I was done watching chad n I was getting 21-23. For, Ochem I was getting 21-23. However, I solved them at least 2 times and master the concepts there.
Oh n I did not do math section in bootcamp because they were too hard for me.. haha. I was getting 17-21 on reading n I was getting 18/20/19/20202020 on pat.

Very impressive scores and a nice breakdown . first time I see a religion major take the DAT. I guess the DAT gods answered your prayers ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Very impressive scores and a nice breakdown . first time I see a religion major take the DAT. I guess the DAT gods answered your prayers ;)
I just got lucky that's all. haha I wouldn't have gotten the score without SDS and people's advice

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone. I decided to make a DAT breakdown because every advice that I have received from SDS really helped me a lot. I would not have gotten the score without SDS, so here is my breakdown.

Just took the DAT yesterday and received the following scores:
Bio 22
GC 24
OC 24
RC 19
QR 19
PAT 23
TS 23
AA 22

Materials:
DAT Bootcamp- DAT bootcamp really helped a lot. Bootcamp is a good learning resource, but you should not use this to gauge your score. Once again Great learning source.
DAT Destroyer- This is MUST! Destroyer will really save you for BIO/G-Chem. MUST MUST
QVault- Qvault was great for reading. I thought Qvault reading was very representative for the actual DAT.
Also Qvault is a really good learning tool for Bio. Just do all of them 2 or 3 times. If you are studying DAT for 2 month, you should finish Qvault all of the ten tests and redo them 2 or 3 weeks later. Study your weakness area on your study.
Cliffs AP Biology 3rd edition- Very thorough. Before you study bio, you should try to read this before you do anything.
Feralis Notes- Excellent summary of Biology. Organizes information like how you might take notes, and highlights important concepts and reminders of some misconceptions.
Crack DAT PAT- Pat practice tests were good. I got around 22-23 on CDT tests (1/2/3/4/5), and I got the same score range on the real.
Bootcamp PAT - If you want to challenge yourself, bootcamp PAT is actually really good practice for PAT. I was getting 18/20/19/20/20/20/20/20/20/20, but they were all harder than the real PAT.
Kaplan DAT 7th edition- Bio was good, but Cliff/ Feralis/ Destroyer would suffice.

Overview:
hmm where should I start. I am a religion major in my college and becoming a junior this year, and my science knowledge is not that great. I am not a smart guy so.. as long as you study hard and believe in yourself, you should do fine for the exam.
Subjects:

Bio: Biology can be one of the toughest section for the DAT. I used cliffnote in the beginning to study for biology. Cliff note is very thorough and detail source for biology. If you are weak on biology, you should start studying with cliffnote first and understand the concepts very well. After you finish your study with cliff note, I would suggest you to do DAT Destroyer and get exposed to many different types of questions and examples provided in destroyer. DAT Destroyer is a must for biology because this destroyer really saved me from the real DAT. Use Destroyer as a study tool and understand the details in the answer keys. I studied every vocabs given in the destroyer, and at the end they really save me from the misery. Bootcamp bio were great because format of the test is very similar to the real DAT. Use feralis to study for the vocabs n concepts that you don't know.
GC: For GC, I just watched Chad. Chad covers about 90~93% of the test n DDestroyer will cover the rest of the 10-7% of the test. I was a GC ta for my school, so GC was not that hard for me. However, I still suggest you to watch Chad and take some good notes. Chad is a really good learning source to understand conceptually, and destroyer will teach you how to use those concepts. Concepts for the destroyers are all important and know them well! Try to finish watching all the videos from chad in 1 week, and solve DAT destroyer in 2nd week. Then you should be good to get above 22 in GC. ( Make sure not to forget anything tho)
OC: hmmm.....I can't really say about OC. I used Chad to study my weakness in OC like IR/ Stereo/ Sugar/ Amino Acid. Chad is a great resource for OC although I only watched few videos. I just solved oddy destroyer n dat destroyer to study for the oc. I don't really know what is best for OC because I thought they were all little different from the real DAT, My professor taught me very well for OC, and it used those concepts more in real DAT. BUTT I still think destroyer/ Chad/ bootcamp were great resources for OC.
PAT: CTD PAT/ Bootcamp would be enough.
DAT Bootcamp
Keyhole:
Bootcamp was harder, and CTD was easier. Do both of them.
Top/Front/End: Just try to visualize it. There are good explanation given by people in SDS. Go thorough those advice and techniques. Bootcamp n CTD were harder. real TFE was quite easy.
Angles: CTD/ Bootcamp were harder than the real pat. I was getting 8 wrongs from each test from bootcamp n ctd. However, real pat angles were easy. They only give you 2-3 tricky angle problems.
Hole Punch: Just use the mouse to keep track the hole. I did not do 4x4 grid because it would waste so much of my time. Just do CTD tests for hole punching and master this area. This is the area that I am very comfortable. I usually finish them in 6-7 min, so I can spend more time on keyholes and pattern.
Cube Counting: Pretty straightforward. Write numbers 0-5 and make tally marks as you count all the cubes. Count all the faces, don't forget about hidden cubes. Count by rows or columns so you don't miss anything or double count. Try to finish them in 6 minutes. Once again... you need to save times here and holepunching for keyhole n pattern.
Pattern Folding: CTD was easier, and bootcamp was harder. Bootcamp pattern would suffice for this section.
RC: haha.. can't say much b/c I did bad on RC. However, qvault was a very good representation for the real rc. Bootcamp was extremely hard, but good practice.

QR: Math destroyer would suffice n Chad for the concepts that you knew when you were in high school. Sadly, I am really not good at math, and I never liked Math. Math is my worst subject although I am asian. My brain fried from RC during my test, but real QR is much easier than Math destroyer.

Anyways thank you for reading my breakdown!
I will upload my score later tonight bc my lap is low on battery.

yoyoyoymannn,
Congratulations! :clap::clap::clap:

Excellent performance on the DAT !

The DAT Beast was not a match for you and your fully stocked DAT toolbox.
Your scores are very consistent and you will have no problem getting interviews.

Thank you the very detailed breakdown and giving back to the SDN community. Breakdowns help other students still studying and it is very much appreciated.

Wishing you the best ..

Take care..

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy

Great scores especially on the sciences. I hope I can get somewhat close to those. Congrats!
You can do it! believe in yourself mannnn
yoyoyoymannn,
Congratulations! :clap::clap::clap:

Excellent performance on the DAT !

The DAT Beast was not a match for you and your fully stocked DAT toolbox.
Your scores are very consistent and you will have no problem getting interviews.

Thank you the very detailed breakdown and giving back to the SDN community. Breakdowns help other students still studying and it is very much appreciated.

Wishing you the best ..

Take care..

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy
Thank you destroyer dream... you guys are awesome!

Reactions: 1 user