DAT breakdown / retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eternal-sunshine

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Honestly, I wouldn't even think about retaking. Our scores are very similar. I got a 21 AA with my only non 20+ score being an 18 QR. No school is going to block you from applying, and with your stellar 3.7 GPA, you will be golden! Work on doing some shadowing and volunteering and you should land some interviews when you apply.

Here is a link to a thread by Doc Toothache to ease your worries. It shows how schools rank the importance of different parts of the DAT. It is the least important section, according to this data. : http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ranking-of-dat-other-selection-criteria-by-us-ds.657139/

Excellent reference in your username, btw!

Don't do it. A 3.7 is above average (average is like 3.56 or something) and a 21 is solid. Never retake for ONLY math unless you get a 13 or something lol. You're fine; good job and well done :). Don't beat yourself up haha. I'd consider trading my stats with you :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't do it. A 3.7 is above average (average is like 3.56 or something) and a 21 is solid. Never retake for ONLY math unless you get a 13 or something lol. You're fine; good job and well done :). Don't beat yourself up haha. I'd consider trading my stats with you :p

You've got to be kidding me! I'd kill for an AA 23!! :uhno:
Thanks for reassuring me.. I'm leaning towards not retaking. I'll just have to work harder on other parts of the application now.

Yup, do NOT retake. A 21AA is a great score, especially when paired with your 3.7 GPA. Instead, use your time towards your extracurriculars.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.