DAT Breakdown!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PartyEnamel123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I finally took my DAT today, and I am ecstatic to be done with it. First and foremost, I would like to thank Nancy from Destroyer, Ari from Bootcamp, those who gave me great advice last night, and everyone who has posted a DAT breakdown in the last 4 years. So my scores from today are as follows:

PAT: 20
QR: 20
RC: 24
Bio: 23
GC: 22
OC: 24
TS: 23
AA: 23

I was completely shocked by my scores and even asked the person at the desk if these were correct. I strictly followed Ari's 10 week schedule, 6-8 hours a day with a few days of rest to prevent myself from going nuts! I understand this schedule is rough, but trust me guys, it is worth it! I am an average, soon to be senior in college with only a 3.36 average in Chemical Engineering. I had to drop my organic class the first go around because my head could not wrap around the concepts. So I believe anybody can get this score, and for anyone who needs anymore advice, please please PM me, and I would be more than happy to help!

Biology: I felt like this was my weakest subject, even after going through Cliff's, Ferali's, Bootcamp, and Destroyer due to the amount of information. However, DESTROYER DESTROYER DESTROYER DESTROYER!! Literally, almost half of my questions were verbatim from Destroyer. I couldn't believe it. The concepts were completely easier than I expected, but do not underestimate those genetic questions you come across while studying! Learn those!

GC: My version of the gen chem portion was very conceptual based, with only a few simple calculations (i.e molarity etc etc). I did have a mass spectrum question, which I had never seen before, so be sure to brush up on those! Other than that, Bootcamp and Destroyer are very representative of the actual test, maybe just a little harder. Practice practice and practice, I feel like that is the only way to get familiar with these types of problems.

OC: Again, Bootcamp and Destroyer! Very straight forward problems, but really understand the ortho/para/meta concepts. They love those problems.

PAT: Good lord!! This portion was rough! The keyholes were ridiculous, and honestly, the only way to prepare for them is by going outside, finding a random rock, and carving a keyhole. So don't lose track of time doing this section, because the angles, hole punching, and pattern folding are so much easier than bootcamp! TFE was difficult for me because I never was good at them, but I think they were manageable for anyone else!

RC: The only way I studied for this was taking Bootcamp's full length tests. Other than that, I think it really depends on the hand you're dealt during the exam. The search and destroy method worked for me, since I had no questions that required knowledge of the actual passage. The highlighter function is 10/10 would recommend.

QR: I truly believed that math was my strong suit prior to taking this test, however, the DAT manages to kick your confidence! I felt well prepared for this section, I worked through all of Math Destroyer and Bootcamp, but I believe that the problems were worded weirdly and stumped me. The calculator saved me on most questions, since you could use the keyboard to type the numbers!

I understand this breakdown was long, but I felt like I had to give back since numerous of these posts helped me get through these past 2 months! Thanks again to everyone mentioned above, and please PM me with any questions you have!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users

Attachments

• WIN_20160718_21_09_22_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20160718_21_09_22_Pro.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 143
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone! I finally took my DAT today, and I am ecstatic to be done with it. First and foremost, I would like to thank Nancy from Destroyer, Ari from Bootcamp, those who gave me great advice last night, and everyone who has posted a DAT breakdown in the last 4 years. So my scores from today are as follows:

PAT: 20
QR: 20
RC: 24
Bio: 23
GC: 22
OC: 24
TS: 23
AA: 23

I was completely shocked by my scores and even asked the person at the desk if these were correct. I strictly followed Ari's 10 week schedule, 6-8 hours a day with a few days of rest to prevent myself from going nuts! I understand this schedule is rough, but trust me guys, it is worth it! I am an average, soon to be senior in college with only a 3.36 average in Chemical Engineering. I had to drop my organic class the first go around because my head could not wrap around the concepts. So I believe anybody can get this score, and for anyone who needs anymore advice, please please PM me, and I would be more than happy to help!

Biology: I felt like this was my weakest subject, even after going through Cliff's, Ferali's, Bootcamp, and Destroyer due to the amount of information. However, DESTROYER DESTROYER DESTROYER DESTROYER!! Literally, almost half of my questions were verbatim from Destroyer. I couldn't believe it. The concepts were completely easier than I expected, but do not underestimate those genetic questions you come across while studying! Learn those!

GC: My version of the gen chem portion was very conceptual based, with only a few simple calculations (i.e molarity etc etc). I did have a mass spectrum question, which I had never seen before, so be sure to brush up on those! Other than that, Bootcamp and Destroyer are very representative of the actual test, maybe just a little harder. Practice practice and practice, I feel like that is the only way to get familiar with these types of problems.

OC: Again, Bootcamp and Destroyer! Very straight forward problems, but really understand the ortho/para/meta concepts. They love those problems.

PAT: Good lord!! This portion was rough! The keyholes were ridiculous, and honestly, the only way to prepare for them is by going outside, finding a random rock, and carving a keyhole. So don't lose track of time doing this section, because the angles, hole punching, and pattern folding are so much easier than bootcamp! TFE was difficult for me because I never was good at them, but I think they were manageable for anyone else!

RC: The only way I studied for this was taking Bootcamp's full length tests. Other than that, I think it really depends on the hand you're dealt during the exam. The search and destroy method worked for me, since I had no questions that required knowledge of the actual passage. The highlighter function is 10/10 would recommend.

QR: I truly believed that math was my strong suit prior to taking this test, however, the DAT manages to kick your confidence! I felt well prepared for this section, I worked through all of Math Destroyer and Bootcamp, but I believe that the problems were worded weirdly and stumped me. The calculator saved me on most questions, since you could use the keyboard to type the numbers!

I understand this breakdown was long, but I felt like I had to give back since numerous of these posts helped me get through these past 2 months! Thanks again to everyone mentioned above, and please PM me with any questions you have!

Congratulations!!! You Destroyed the DAT Beast! You put in the hard work and I liked your advice "Practice, Practice, Practice". To obtain high scores it does indeed take practice and lot of study hours.

Thanks for the shout out and so happy to be a part of your journey to becoming a dentist. You will not have problems receiving interviews!

Wishing you the best!

Nancy

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations!!! You Destroyed the DAT Beast! You put in the hard work and I liked your advice "Practice, Practice, Practice". To obtain high scores it does indeed take practice and lot of study hours.

Thanks for the shout out and so happy to be a part of your journey to becoming a dentist. You will have not problems receiving interviews!

Wishing you the best!

Nancy
You're awesome!

What did you end up doing for studying in the last week? I also am super burned out and am taking the day off to recover and hopefully be able to study hard for the rest of the week
I pushed through and went through Destroyer one more time. I would do 100 problems timed for each section, except for biology since I made notes. If I was ever not home, I would go over flash cards on quizlet, some people have very good Bio sets on there!

Well done! My GPA is fairly similar to your's and I'm hoping to kill the DAT on Wednesday. How did you stay calm for this test?

What were some of the things that "stumped" you in QR? like certain theorems/concepts/formulas you haven't seen before on BC or destroyer?

Nice scores! Mind if I ask what your Bootcamp averages looked like?
Bio: 18 lol but afterwards I read every explanation back and forth
Chem:
Well done! My GPA is fairly similar to your's and I'm hoping to kill the DAT on Wednesday. How did you stay calm for this test?
I hope your scores were where you wanted them to be! I apologize for the late reply

What were some of the things that "stumped" you in QR? like certain theorems/concepts/formulas you haven't seen before on BC or destroyer?
The word problems were a little hard for me to understand. I've always had problems with lengthy math problems though. But I would focus on rate and distance problems!

Hey NeedDATadvice I have a breakdown now! Links to both my scores are in my sig haha! Feel free to ask me anything about math I'm still down to do it for fun (ignoer this I need to read more carefully lmao):D!

Last edited: