toothteethtooth

7+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2013
In this problem, they have done an ICE table for the Kp Problem. I understand that Kp is to be calculated the same way as other K constants such as Ksp and etc. However, in the solutions, they did an ICE table to solve for the Kp They have not canceled out the "X" amount from A or B (both reactants) as it was always considered negligible when I did the Ksp Problems. Chad's videos also shows that X is really low compared to the given concentrations so you cross it out and solve for the rest. In Destroyer, the negligible X amount in the calculation is kept in the answer until the end and solved for. This is a little different than doing calculations for the Ksp ICE table. Can anyone explain me the difference on why X was not considered negligible in this?

I hope I make sense, if not I apologize. DAT in 15 days so I am kind of going crazy!!!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.