Dat Destroyer Gen Chem Number 148

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mrhyde

Becoming Dr. Jekyll
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi number 148. I do not understand what topic this falls under ?

Also did chad do anything similar to this on course saver and if he did would you be able to tell me the video number because I have not seen this in any of my notes ? I have never written anything down that stands for Kp in my chapter 5 notes ?

Also as an additional question number 128 "Beer-lambret absorbance " I have never seen and it seems like an odd question. Can I skip that so I don't have to remember that formula or is this tested on?

Members don't see this ad.

The Beer Lambert is just a plug in thing used for absorbance. It's a simple formula can't hurt to remember it. I possibly got it on my first DAT, I can't remember completely. I didn't get it on my 2nd attempt but better safe than sorry. # 148 is just an equilibrium question lol. It's ICE. Not easy to notice it at first. Would you like help with it or no?

If you still need help tomorrow I'll write the explanation for 148,but yes def. Remember beers law. The question itself is in the topic of lab based questions, so it's not like you'll have more than one question about it if that. But it's a super easy one to memorize! You're usually calculating for concentration.

A = ecl.
Absorbance = (extinction coefficient)(concentration)(legnth).
All eagles can land!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi number 148. I do not understand what topic this falls under ?

Also did chad do anything similar to this on course saver and if he did would you be able to tell me the video number because I have not seen this in any of my notes ? I have never written anything down that stands for Kp in my chapter 5 notes ?

Also as an additional question number 128 "Beer-lambret absorbance " I have never seen and it seems like an odd question. Can I skip that so I don't have to remember that formula or is this tested on?
Yes. This is an Equilibrium question. When you are dealing with gases, Keq ia often expressed as Kp. P means pressure. Gases can be measurwd in terms of partial pressure as oppose to concentration units.
The mathematical equaion however is the same.

You need to do an ICE table here because the given partial pressures of the reactants are not equilibrium values. Therefore, one muat find their equilibrium pressures.

Hope this helps.