DAT destroyer General Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kyle198

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys:
Anyone is working the DAT destroyer 2016 version. In the gen chem part, question 68 it states which statement is false: I choose E. but the answer gives D.
when i check out the explanation, it explain the molecular speed, whatsoever.. which is totally different to kinetic energy of an ideal gas. K.E=3/2.R.T for the ideal gas. in D, it states " all molecules of an ideal gas have the same K.E at constant temperature, this is absolutely a correct statement. anyone have any idea? it is annoying he gave an wrong answer....

Members don't see this ad.

D would be false since not all molecules of an ideal gas have the same KE, rather the average KE is the same for ideal gas. Some molecules will move faster, others move much slower. Small difference but an important one.

Reactions: 2 users
hi guys:
Anyone is working the DAT destroyer 2016 version. In the gen chem part, question 68 it states which statement is false: I choose E. but the answer gives D.
when i check out the explanation, it explain the molecular speed, whatsoever.. which is totally different to kinetic energy of an ideal gas. K.E=3/2.R.T for the ideal gas. in D, it states " all molecules of an ideal gas have the same K.E at constant temperature, this is absolutely a correct statement. anyone have any idea? it is annoying he gave an wrong answer....
D would be false since not all molecules of an ideal gas have the same KE, rather the average KE is the same for ideal gas. Some molecules will move faster, others move much slower. Small difference but an important one.
Indeed so......molecules are like students......they have different energies indeed. Some students are full of energy, others are sleepy. HOWEVER......an Average Energy could be assigned. Remember.....Temperature is the measure of AVERAGE kinetic energy.

Dr. Romano