DAT Done 01/07/09

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IdahoDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well looks like it will have to be a third time for me :( . I think i have the worst luck, I got the Piano passage the first time i took the DAT and i got the FRAP this time took the DAT.

It was a really weird day all together, first off i couldn't find the testing center then once i got there, i was supposed to get a parking permit from this guy at a shack but nobody was in it and said it opened at 7 a.m. I was there at 7:45. So after having to have the testing center lady call the campus parking guys to make sure my car wasn't towed, i started my test. Then about 60 Min into my sciences all the computer froze in the testing center. It kind of freaked me out so the had to restart all the computers but luckily they had all our answered backed up. SO after my unexpected 20 min break i went back to my test to see the famous FRAP question. Then after my test was over the computer wouldn't give me a print out so they gave me the number to the ADA to have them send me a copy (oh course i had to pay another 25 bucks for it so i bagged that idea). Anyway after all that here is the break down...

BIO: 17, ouch (22 first DAT), there were a lot of questions that i wasn't sure about i mean really from left field. Not sure how i would have known to study that stuff. It was completely different then my first DAT. I used High Yield Bio and Destroyer. Both were good but again it was kinda like playing poker with a card-shark, just know way of knowing where they get there stuff from.

Gchem: 21, (19 first DAT), i thought this section was way easy. I was rather surprised to see the score i got i though i had at least a 25. There was really only one question that i was unsure of. Again i used High Yield and destroyer, I also used my text book. I thought destroyer was good and while it tested more in depth then what was needed it was good for clearing out the cob webs and helping me work problems quicker.

OChem: 21, (18 first DAT), When i took the DAT the first time i was right in the middle of the first semester of ochem so alot of it i had to try to teach my self and make sense of it so i was actual pretty happy with a 18, i Looked at destroyer and went through it twice, it was good and i don't really think it went too deep. The best tool was the ACS guide for $30. I went through that about 4 times. This was a score that i was suprised with again because on my top score pro tests i had a 25, 28, and 25.

Reading: 15, (16 first DAT), FRAP what can i say... I actually thought the passages were kind of interesting but just didn't have enough time. I found that if you didn't understand the terms in the passage then you wouldn't understand the question asked because they used a lot of terms from the passage and defined in ways that weren't familiar to me. I just tried to search and destroy. But i got destroyed.

QR: 15 (14 first DAT), i am not really good at math but i would have hoped to do a bit better then a 15, i had a good mix of everything. I felt the problems were either doable or way out there. I used CRACK DAT MATH and it was good for getting my timing but the explanations were horrible on it. i also worked through destroyer 4 times, in reality i didn't really think the math was really like either of them.

PAT: 21 (19 first DAT), I thought it was really simple except for about 6 questions and one question in particular i could swear it had two answers and all you had to do was rotate the image 180 to get the other answer. I finished this section about 30 min early as well. I generally do better. I used Crack Dat PAT and it was the best resource out there it was spot on but the closet i could find. I was really amazed how easy the angles were on my DAT. If anyone needs help with cube counting or hole punches let me know i have full proof ways to get all of them every time.

TS:20 (19 first DAT)

AA:18 (18 first DAT)

Well i already have applications in this year so i guess i will just ride it out and get ready for next year. I am pretty sure i will retake in the spring around late may or early june but we will have to see, i am pretty sick of the DAT for right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys i am not sure which of you guys i have sent the PDF to so let me know if you still haven't got it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrads on the improvement! Your scores are good, and most importantly you improved. Just wanted to ask you do you think that using destroyer helped you to improve on the DAT? Because I am currently using destroyer for DAT sciences and I like it but I just wanted to see if you feel like the book helped you to improve.
Thanks

Once again, I fricking don't get how the TS is scored on the DAT. He's got 20 TS and I got 18 bio, 20 ochem and 22 gchem....and I only got a 19!!!! Why' can't I get a 20TS!! GRAAAAAAAHHHHHHH SO CLOSE!

the reason is because bio counts more for your total score than orgo and chem, because it is 40 questions as opposed to 30 for chem and orgo. so getting an 18 in bio hurts your TS much more than getting an 18 in orgo or chem.

Also can anyone here please help me on TFE and KEYHOLE, I am having a hard time with those and I keep on running out of time!

Hi! i'm having trouble with the PAT portion of the DAT. can you tell me how you did so well on that portion of the DAT? you can reply to my email, [email protected], if you want. thanks a lot!!

hello, can u send me the pdf of cube counting and hole punching? anything on TFE will also be helpful.
thanks

Hey u guys,

When talking about the RC part, a lot of people was referring to the FRAP and/or PIANO passage? what does that mean?

Hey u guys,

When talking about the RC part, a lot of people was referring to the FRAP and/or PIANO passage? what does that mean?

Piano is the topic of one RC passage that is very difficult and frustrating. Most people dont score highly on RC when they get the piano passage. For Frapp, that's a question in the bio that if you get it on bio you will almost always result in having a super long and boring passage about ethics. Either passage and generally your screwed.

Hey IdahoDoc & anyone who received the full prove ways for hole punches! Can you still send me a copy of this? I am struggling a lot with this section and will love to get help with this document that IdahoDoc put together!

Thank you sooooo much!!!! My email is [email protected]

Well looks like it will have to be a third time for me :( . I think i have the worst luck, I got the Piano passage the first time i took the DAT and i got the FRAP this time took the DAT.

It was a really weird day all together, first off i couldn't find the testing center then once i got there, i was supposed to get a parking permit from this guy at a shack but nobody was in it and said it opened at 7 a.m. I was there at 7:45. So after having to have the testing center lady call the campus parking guys to make sure my car wasn't towed, i started my test. Then about 60 Min into my sciences all the computer froze in the testing center. It kind of freaked me out so the had to restart all the computers but luckily they had all our answered backed up. SO after my unexpected 20 min break i went back to my test to see the famous FRAP question. Then after my test was over the computer wouldn't give me a print out so they gave me the number to the ADA to have them send me a copy (oh course i had to pay another 25 bucks for it so i bagged that idea). Anyway after all that here is the break down...

BIO: 17, ouch (22 first DAT), there were a lot of questions that i wasn't sure about i mean really from left field. Not sure how i would have known to study that stuff. It was completely different then my first DAT. I used High Yield Bio and Destroyer. Both were good but again it was kinda like playing poker with a card-shark, just know way of knowing where they get there stuff from.

Gchem: 21, (19 first DAT), i thought this section was way easy. I was rather surprised to see the score i got i though i had at least a 25. There was really only one question that i was unsure of. Again i used High Yield and destroyer, I also used my text book. I thought destroyer was good and while it tested more in depth then what was needed it was good for clearing out the cob webs and helping me work problems quicker.

OChem: 21, (18 first DAT), When i took the DAT the first time i was right in the middle of the first semester of ochem so alot of it i had to try to teach my self and make sense of it so i was actual pretty happy with a 18, i Looked at destroyer and went through it twice, it was good and i don't really think it went too deep. The best tool was the ACS guide for $30. I went through that about 4 times. This was a score that i was suprised with again because on my top score pro tests i had a 25, 28, and 25.

Reading: 15, (16 first DAT), FRAP what can i say... I actually thought the passages were kind of interesting but just didn't have enough time. I found that if you didn't understand the terms in the passage then you wouldn't understand the question asked because they used a lot of terms from the passage and defined in ways that weren't familiar to me. I just tried to search and destroy. But i got destroyed.

QR: 15 (14 first DAT), i am not really good at math but i would have hoped to do a bit better then a 15, i had a good mix of everything. I felt the problems were either doable or way out there. I used CRACK DAT MATH and it was good for getting my timing but the explanations were horrible on it. i also worked through destroyer 4 times, in reality i didn't really think the math was really like either of them.

PAT: 21 (19 first DAT), I thought it was really simple except for about 6 questions and one question in particular i could swear it had two answers and all you had to do was rotate the image 180 to get the other answer. I finished this section about 30 min early as well. I generally do better. I used Crack Dat PAT and it was the best resource out there it was spot on but the closet i could find. I was really amazed how easy the angles were on my DAT. If anyone needs help with cube counting or hole punches let me know i have full proof ways to get all of them every time.

TS:20 (19 first DAT)

AA:18 (18 first DAT)

Well i already have applications in this year so i guess i will just ride it out and get ready for next year. I am pretty sure i will retake in the spring around late may or early june but we will have to see, i am pretty sick of the DAT for right now.