Dat done 07/26/11 !!! Alhamdulilah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AllahIsGreater

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got back. I swear this exam was SOOOO HARD. It wasnt like ANYTHING i expected. When they say they there are a few exams that are there to really screw the kids out of dental school they are right. my brain is fried. ill give you guys an amazing breakdown tommorow or so, God Willing. I want to just say never give up during your exam, because i swear i though i completely failed. Oh and crack dat pat, is so unpresentative its not even funny. the PAT was crazy hard. the whol exam was just crazy. all i can say is i prayed alot, Alhamdulilah = THANK GOD!!!!!!!!! THANK GOD!!!!!!!!! THANK GOD!!!!!!!! GOD IS GREAT!

I know for SDN my scores my not be blazing, but i just wanted to let you guys know that i studied for 2 months between 12-17 hours everyday, NO DAYS OFF. But its all worth it. I was really aiming for a few 30's but like i said, boy do those ADA guys wanna screw the kids who take this version of the exam. I love you guys all, and wish you all the best of luck. My GPA is 3.46...well be back with a much better breakdown, later God Willing.

Quantitative Reasoning : 17
PAT : 17 :mad: <-- CRACK DAT PAT WAS NO HELP AT ALL!!!!
Reading: 17 :mad: <---HARD AS HELL, FREAKIN HAD LIKE 3 PHYSICS CALCULATIONS! (My Last Crack DAT reading was a 21...so YEA....)
Biology: 20 ...No Comment.
Gen Chem: 24 <--ALL CONCEPTUAL AND HARD AS HELL!
Organic Chem: 21 <---ALL CONCEPTUAL AND HARD AS HELL!
Total Science 21
Academic Average: 20

THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!! ALLAH AKBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW i know some people have trouble getting the most update to date study books. Thank God i was fortunate enough to get all of them. I am going to give them all away for FREE. But please do not ask me for them if you can afford them. I dont want to give all my stuff to one person, so just PM me, only if you really cant afford it. I promise you it will be completely confidential. God Bless.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just got back. I swear this exam was SOOOO HARD. It wasnt like ANYTHING i expected. When they say they there are a few exams that are there to really screw the kids out of dental school they are right. my brain is fried. ill give you guys an amazing breakdown tommorow or so, God Willing. I want to just say never give up during your exam, because i swear i though i completely failed. Oh and crack dat pat, is so unpresentative its not even funny. the PAT was crazy hard. the whol exam was just crazy. all i can say is i prayed alot, Alhamdulilah = THANK GOD!!!!!!!!! THANK GOD!!!!!!!!! THANK GOD!!!!!!!! GOD IS GREAT!

I know for SDN my scores my not be blazing, but if just wanted to let you guys know that i studied for 2 months between 12-17 hours everyday, NO DAYS OFF. But its all worth it. I was really aiming for a few 30's but like i said, boy do those ADA guys wanna screw the kids who take this version of the exam. I love you guys all, and wish you all the best of luck. My GPA is 3.46...well be back with a much better breakdown, later God Willing.

Reading: 17 :mad: <---HARD AS HELL, FREAKIN HAD LIKE 3 PHYSICS CALCULATIONS! (My Last Crack DAT reading was a 21...so YEA....)
Biology: 20
Total Science 21

good to hear you're done man your bio makes up for reading! just apply broadly and you should be in at no time!

Great scores! they're solid. I totally agree with you on PAT...when I took my exam it was sooo much harder than CDP in my opinion! Your sciences are great! :)

LOL.

Your post is channeling a lot of energy/emotion, iA you'll get plenty of interview invites :)

Physics calcs in RC? I think someone switched your RC with MCAT passages.... :/

Lookin forward to a breakdown

Members don't see this ad :)
MashAllah congrats bro, my GPA is the same as yours and I take my DAT in 32 hours, keep me in your duas!!!

Congrats on staying strong and hanging in there. It sounds like you had the hardest DAT version yet. I know you studied hard for this exam. I am really worried now for my version.

yea same here i think they make the test harder the later you take it in the summer. it kinda would make sense. Cause they prob think ppl have the whole summer to study then hit them with a hard test so they have to shell out another 320 to take the test again

yea same here i think they make the test harder the later you take it in the summer. it kinda would make sense. Cause they prob think ppl have the whole summer to study then hit them with a hard test so they have to shell out another 320 to take the test again

maybe but i think its more because there are 8 to 9 versions of the exam floating out there. so they might have 1 or 2 super hard, 5 mediums, and 1 or 2 easier ones.

maybe but i think its more because there are 8 to 9 versions of the exam floating out there. so they might have 1 or 2 super hard, 5 mediums, and 1 or 2 easier ones.

****, my exam is scheduled for a Tuesday. I hope the versions vary each day; otherwise, I'm royally screwed. I need one of the easier versions.

Alright, it's time to start researching threads and see if there's a correlation between versions and day of the week...

I know for SDN my scores my not be blazing, but i just wanted to let you guys know that i studied for 2 months between 12-17 hours everyday, NO DAYS OFF. But its all worth it. I was really aiming for a few 30's but like i said, boy do those ADA guys wanna screw the kids who take this version of the exam. I love you guys all, and wish you all the best of luck. My GPA is 3.46...well be back with a much better breakdown, later God Willing.

Total Science 21

BTW i know some people have trouble getting the most update to date study books. Thank God i was fortunate enough to get all of them. I am going to give them all away for FREE. But please do not ask me for them if you can afford them. I dont want to give all my stuff to one person, so just PM me, only if you really cant afford it. I promise you it will be completely confidential. God Bless.

I always love seeing great chem scores. Good job OP :thumbup:

****, my exam is scheduled for a Tuesday. I hope the versions vary each day; otherwise, I'm royally screwed. I need one of the easier versions.

Alright, it's time to start researching threads and see if there's a correlation between versions and day of the week...

Let me save you some time. There are no correlations between the version of the test you get and the day you take the test. I remember 2 years ago there was a FRAP version floating around which had a weird bio question about membrane protein movement, and there was loooooooong ethics passage in the RC section. I was actually wondering the same thing, but people were getting it on different days! And guess who got it too?! It sucked!!!!!!!

I think you did pretty well man - but no need to get everyone too excited.

My understanding is that the exams are standardized in the sense that IF it is a really hard test it will be harder for everyone; if you test better than everyone who had your same exam you WILL get a good scaled score.

So if there is a killer section and everyone bombs it and you happen to bomb it less than you will get a higher scaled score.

On the other hand if you take an easy version of the exam and everyone does pretty well (b/c they're asking easy questions) you still have to do better than most to get that 20+.

This is how the DAT is graded right?

my 21 TS was a 96 percentile....usually you see 96 percentile with like 24 and stuff, but idk this exam was just crazy. and lol dschool stop worrying dude, i know u know ur stuff. just go in their and knock it OUT:thumbup:

My understanding is that the exams are standardized in the sense that IF it is a really hard test it will be harder for everyone; if you test better than everyone who had your same exam you WILL get a good scaled score.

So if there is a killer section and everyone bombs it and you happen to bomb it less than you will get a higher scaled score.

On the other hand if you take an easy version of the exam and everyone does pretty well (b/c they're asking easy questions) you still have to do better than most to get that 20+.

Dude trust me man, in know way am i trying to make my scores seem amazing, im just saying i REALLY put in ALOT of effort, and i knew the destroyer cold. had the entile biology solutions manual memorized. all im saying is focus on the conceptual stuff too. Ill be post websites with some things that i think would be **IMPORTANT** to look over.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude trust me man, in know way am i trying to make my scores seem amazing, im just saying i REALLY put in ALOT of effort, and i knew the destroyer cold. had the entile biology solutions manual memorized. all im saying is focus on the conceptual stuff too. Ill be post websites with some things that i think would be **IMPORTANT** to look over.

Destroyer didn't help me much either. Maybe a few questions that I wouldn't have gotten without it, but overall, It wasn't much benefit to me.

Let me save you some time. There are no correlations between the version of the test you get and the day you take the test. I remember 2 years ago there was a FRAP version floating around which had a weird bio question about membrane protein movement, and there was loooooooong ethics passage in the RC section. I was actually wondering the same thing, but people were getting it on different days! And guess who got it too?! It sucked!!!!!!!

I did a quick sampling and there's no conclusive correlation as scores vary within each day of the week.

Theoretically, this is suppose to work out evenly. But realistically, at least for me, if I have an easy exam, then I know I will kill it regardless of how others will perform and thus, I will achieve one of the higher scores that day. But with a difficult exam, I can't say for sure I'll relatively outperform others as others may be better at guessing or more lucky than me at choosing between the final two answer choices in a given question. I would rather have the easy version in which I can fully control the outcome.

my 21 TS was a 96 percentile....usually you see 96 percentile with like 24 and stuff, but idk this exam was just crazy. and lol dschool stop worrying dude, i know u know ur stuff. just go in their and knock it OUT:thumbup:

Man, I pulled an all-nighter last night and went to bed at 1pm for a few hours of sleep, as I wanted to learn some more biology. I was thinking about sleeping earlier tonight, but now I may have to pull another long nighter... I am burning out... :( :sleep:

Thanks for the heads up. I'm taking this thing in aug and am really really trying to push out a great score for my app next year. Anything you can give me would be a great help in terms of links.

Can you please explain what exactly you mean by conceptual? Like what would a conceptual vs non-conceptual way be to ask a gchem or ochem question. Thanks.

I memorized the entire Destroyer too -- went thru it a dozen times already. WTF this ain't enough!

I memorized the entire Destroyer too -- went thru it a dozen times already. WTF this ain't enough!

haha, I think it really depends on the test you get! I think the Destroyer helped A LOOOOOT, the first time I took the DAT. I had a 23 TS, but then again QR and RC screwed me big time! It's better to understand the concepts more than just memorizing the exact types of questions on the Destroyer. Because if they change the question a little bit or make it tricky, you're SOL. But if you have the concepts down, that won't happen. I feel like I'm telling stuff you already know though lol.

This thread has lit a match under my ass lol!

whens ur exam home boy lol i got mine in a few weeks. although dont worry its like the lottery haha some people get all 6 numbers and win the jackpot and some get 5 numbers and get 3 dollars hahaha

whens ur exam home boy lol i got mine in a few weeks. although dont worry its like the lottery haha some people get all 6 numbers and win the jackpot and some get 5 numbers and get 3 dollars hahaha

Mine is in a few weeks too. With my luck I'll be the 3 dollar chump. Before this thread, I was thinking of a possible 24 score. Now I'm aiming for a 20 score haha.

haha, I think it really depends on the test you get! I think the Destroyer helped A LOOOOOT, the first time I took the DAT. I had a 23 TS, but then again QR and RC screwed me big time! It's better to understand the concepts more than just memorizing the exact types of questions on the Destroyer. Because if they change the question a little bit or make it tricky, you're SOL. But if you have the concepts down, that won't happen. I feel like I'm telling stuff you already know though lol.

Screw it. I can't take any chances, I'm going to try to know everything. This is WAR baby lol!

Here's a story since we're on the topic. I was in traffic court a few years ago trying to beat a ticket for an unsafe lane change. The dumb cop said I "almost" hit the car in front of me after I changed lanes. I responded by saying something like: "Well, I can say I almost won the lottery, that doesn't make me a millionaire. And I can say I almost slept with a supermodel, that doesn't make me Brad Pitt." The whole court started cracking up with the judge saying that I made a good point. He still ruled against me in his verdict, but reduced the fine because I added some humor to the case lol.

Here's a story since we're on the topic. I was in traffic court a few years ago trying to beat a ticket for an unsafe lane change. The dumb cop said I "almost" hit the car in front of me after I changed lanes. I responded by saying something like: "Well, I can say I almost won the lottery, that doesn't make me a millionaire. And I can say I almost slept with a supermodel, that doesn't make me Brad Pitt." The whole court started cracking up with the judge saying that I made a good point. He still ruled against me in his verdict, but reduced the fine because I added some humor to the case lol.

good stuff kid! ugh i just want a 20 and get in somewhere lol anywhere haha i dont wanna get a 17 and retake this crap lol im sick of it all! and now im paranoid about RC lol ive been nailing CDR with 21s, 22s, 23s, and then i get an 18 on the ADA 2009 and the OP is saying its not representative lol

LOL did you really say that!? Man I have a traffic court date next week I may try to throw some humor in :/

From what I've seen it's less that there's "easy DAT vs Hard DAT" and more ppl happening to get questions based on what they knew well or studied well (easy exam!) or relying on material that doesn't pan out (hard exam! destroyer sucked!). Every now and then there's a across the board difficult topic (FRAP, PIANO) but test makers try to 'standardize' exams so that they can serve as a tool for schools. Basically screw us all evenly :)

The OP studied hard though so this def makes those of us going to take it grind even harder!

Last edited:
LOL did you really say that!? Man I have a traffic court date next week I may try to tried some humor in :/

From what I've seen it's less that there's "easy DAT vs Hard DAT" and more ppl happening to get questions based on what they knew well or studied well (easy exam!) or relying on material that doesn't pan out (hard exam! destroyer sucked!). Every now and then there's a across the board difficult topic (FRAP, PIANO) but test makers try to 'standardize' exams so that they can serve as a tool for schools. Basically screw us all evenly :)

The OP studied hard though so this def makes those of us going to take it grind even harder!

I agree. If someone knows everything that is on a test, he's gonna say it was easy, but if someone takes the same test and doesn't know all the answers, he's gonna say it was a hard test! I understand some tests might be more challenging overall, but a test being easy or hard is relative to how a person does on a test. And that doesn't necessarily mean person x is smarter than person y. Someone might go over some stuff that another person doesn't, and when it shows up on the test, one will say it was easy and the other one will say it was hard!

I agree. If someone knows everything that is on a test, he's gonna say it was easy, but if someone takes the same test and doesn't know all the answers, he's gonna say it was a hard test! I understand some tests might be more challenging overall, but a test being easy or hard is relative to how a person does on a test. And that doesn't necessarily mean person x is smarter than person y. Someone might go over some stuff that another person doesn't, and when it shows up on the test, one will say it was easy and the other one will say it was hard!

PooyaH, I have a feeling you will be saying it was easy when you give your breakdown ;) I really think that someone who is well prepared and has invested the time and effort into the DAT will more often than not benefit from a difficult exam. It is much easier to differentiate yourself from those who can answer easy questions, but would struggle with more challenging ones that you are more prepared for. I'm personally hoping for a more difficult exam for this reason (well, maybe not for a hard PAT...)

I did a quick sampling and there's no conclusive correlation as scores vary within each day of the week.

If there is no correlation on the days of the week there could be a correlation w/ which state u take it in? some states where u have a high concentration of good schools like harvard, maybe in those states the test version is harder than other states?

but really some ppl just think they had the hardest test version

getting 17 on PAT means that you didn't do so hot no matter what type of version you got

Not doing 'hot' has multiple meanings. It can be that the person from a content point of view:

1. intentionally didn't adequately study (for whatever reason)
2. unintentionally wasn't prepared (under/overestimated the exam, didn't practice enough,
3. was on top of it, but over time didn't review leading to a low score even though practice scores were high

or from a Testing/Performance point of view
1. got anxious and made silly mistakes
2. ran out of time
3. selected the wrong answer
4. changed marked answers last minute

etc, etc, etc.....

Although they provide a strong indication, numbers don't tell the whole story.

Thank god dschools look beyond them :)

lol I think the OP's post has us all getting a bit too excited.

Total Science 21

Mabrook Khayye, good luck on your Dental apps.

lol people think im just saying it was hard to scare them. crack dat pat is a joke crack dat reading is a joke. when your score drops 4 points from them, that means something was wrong. you guys dont have to believe me, im just warning you guys to really study everything because i want you all to do WELL. thats the point of the break down so you guys can learn from those who took it. i have been out all day, but i promise ill work on a break soon, God Willing. Again im not scaring you, this is REALITY. go look how many ppeople recently took it, they are all saying the same thing. the exam is HARD in these few weeks that have passed.....:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:.

if you notice the piano passage is taken out...now they have this physics passage and crap instead of it. the exam has been changed, so if you want to get in, work like you want to get in!!!!!!

That's too bad the exam changed. It seems like the older version was pretty easy... everyone told me that had taken it that it was easier than any practice test they had taken... looks like they won the DAT lotto lol. I am taking mine in three weeks! Ahhhh!

lol people think im just saying it was hard to scare them. crack dat pat is a joke crack dat reading is a joke. when your score drops 4 points from them, that means something was wrong. you guys dont have to believe me, im just warning you guys to really study everything because i want you all to do WELL. thats the point of the break down so you guys can learn from those who took it. i have been out all day, but i promise ill work on a break soon, God Willing. Again im not scaring you, this is REALITY. go look how many ppeople recently took it, they are all saying the same thing. the exam is HARD in these few weeks that have passed.....:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:.

if you notice the piano passage is taken out...now they have this physics passage and crap instead of it. the exam has been changed, so if you want to get in, work like you want to get in!!!!!!

That's too bad the exam changed. It seems like the older version was pretty easy... everyone told me that had taken it that it was easier than any practice test they had taken... looks like they won the DAT lotto lol. I am taking mine in three weeks! Ahhhh!

It seems like the people who took it in June up to mid July said it was easier. Let's hope that this goes in cycles and the next easier cycle starts in mid August.

Or it could be that there have been a few very difficult versions and the people who encountered them during the past couple of months scored low and didn't want to talk about it.

Either way I absolutely need an easy version or I'm going to screeeeeeeeeeeeam at the test center!

Congrats on your success........lately everyone has been saying that exam has gotten harder. God Bless us all.