DAT Done 10/30, Retake??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1chance

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My first DAT on 10/30 Scores:

Bio 17
GChem 18
OChem 20
Reading Comp 20
Quantitative 14 :eek:
Perceptual 19

AA 18
TS 18
PA 19

My Cum. GPA is 3.71 and my science GPA is 3.70. I am a registered nurse with a few years of experience, though i don't know if that counts for anything.... also have about 50 hours of dental shadowing and some pretty good extracurriculars.

I already applied to like 12 schools back in June and they were just waiting on my DAT scores. I faxed my unofficials to them yesterday.

I'm new to all of this, What should i do now? Should I tell them I will retake the DAT in February? However, I need to work quite a bit before February b/c I am paying on a mortgage. I really want to get in this year and I think my DAT scores don't reflect what i can really do. Any advice?? Thanx

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the reply Dan. I know I can do better, if i have enough time to study... I only used kaplan, so I would like to try maybe destroyer or achiever or something. Man, I'm out of money now though, so I have to work. I thought GChem was so much easier than Kaplan, anyone else think that? And bio was soooo much harder!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Eh....if I have to I would. I have seat because of the program I'm in but there is a chance that I would have to retake, I think its def. possible to improve on gchem and orgo, which would raise AA and TS...im just worried that my bio score would go down...
For you, if you only used Kaplan i think studying other material would def. raise your score, plus since your a nurse then this bio stuff should be cake...you could probably raise that score aswell since its not like the mtl would be new...

I talked to a couple schools and they made it sound like February is too late for a retake for this cycle..... I'm not sure if i should tell all the schools that i'm retaking anyway? Will that hold up the review process if i tell them that?

On the other hand, if I let them know I'm retaking, will that give me a better chance that they won't just review my current scores and reject me right away?

Please give me advice, i'm really not sure what I should do!!!

From what I have see on the boards, feb. is very late for a retake but you never know..study away and do well on it then apply next cycle?