Dat done!!! 11/26

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peerless218

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
YES I AM DONE WITH MY DAT FOR GOOD!!!!
I got 19/20/21 the second time around.
I think the computer somehow print off the wrong score. Shouldn't my score be 20 science 19 overall 21 on the PAT???
20 + 22 + 18/ 3 is a 20 and I got 19 on both QR and RC. Ya kinda confused about that part.
Bio - 18
Chem - 22
O chem - 20
RC - 19
QR - 19
Science - 19
Acedemic - 20
PAT - 21

First time I got
Bio - 16
Chem 19
O chem 18
RC 15
QR 16
PAT 22
Overall
18/17/22

Biology - Again, RANDOM as usual. I read Kaplan, Baron's AP Biology,Baron's DAT, and McGraw Hill's AP Biology. Did Achiever, Destroyer, Topscore . Memorized everything dead on and I still only got an 18. Kinda depressing to be honest with you guys.:( It is the subject I put in the MOST time on.

Gen Chem: It's REALLY easy compared to everything I'ved mentioned above. I had a couple calculation problems, a lot of conceptual problems, and a few setting up equations on my version of the DAT. Know the Destroyer and you'll be good.

O-Chem. I DID NOT STUDY NMR AT ALL and I had 4 quesitosn asking me to identify the structures from the spectrums. Ya..totally guessed on those 4. Last time I took it I had 4 IR spectrum questiosn on mine and I didn't know how to do those. This time around I got IR down pretty solid...but I guess the computer just had to play a cruel joke on me and gave me 4 quesitons on NMR...dang it!!!

PAT: I didn't practice for the DAT AT all since last time I took it. I only took a practice one from topscore last night and that's it. This time my version of the PAT is pretty hard compared to the last exam's. Angle ranking is really hard as usual, top front and end view and keyhole are more challanging this time around. I wasted too much time on the top front and end section. Did not get to finsih the last 4 problems on pattern folding. BOMBER!!!

Reading comp" I serisouly dont know how I got a 19. First of all, I got pianoed!!! 1st passage was pretty easy and so was the 3rd. When I got to the 2nd passage, I was like...OH YOU GOTTA BE SHXXTing me!!! Out of ALL the passage, REALLY??? The PIANO ONE??? I serisously gussed half the questions on that passage and pulled a miracle on that one with a 19. THANK YOU GOD!!! And that's all I can say. Oh...if you're a SLOW reader like me, go with the search and destroy method. I was using the Kaplan's road map method last time and that only got me a 15.

QR: Pretty tough....pretty tough. I did ALL the QR from Kaplan, Achiever, Topscore, and half the Destroyer and I still only got a 19. I was averaging around a 21 on all of them and the result wasn't very satisfying. Can't really complain, I did do pretty well overall.Crack that DAT math is pretty helpful, I recognized 3 problems off my test that's straight off Crack that DAT Math, I just forgot how to do them :mad:

Anyway, good luck to everyone else who's taking the DAT!!!!! I am just glad my hard work paid off!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Great Job. As for your TS, that is not an average of the three science scores, it is based on how many you got wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you studied a lot and bought all the things I have mentioned. I am VERY sure you are going to do no less than a 20. I was studying 9 - 10 hours a day for a month and an half straight. Just know the destroyer gen chem and o chem well, BIOLOGY it really depends on your luck, so is RC. I hope you bought crack that DAT math cause it's REALLY useful. PAT....I guess I really can't say much about that. Eitehr your'e good at it or your'e not. One of my friend only did ONE practice test in his ilfe and he got a 24. Anway Good luck!!! I hope you're gonna be done like me in a week!!!

I am ACTUALLY in the current application cycle. I have a few schools that's expressing interest in me and want to see a higher DAT score before the final decision of granting an interview or not. I REALLY wanna go to UOP though, that's my dream school since I started doing dental. Thanks!!

I am ACTUALLY in the current application cycle. I have a few schools that's expressing interest in me and want to see a higher DAT score before the final decision of granting an interview or not. I REALLY wanna go to UOP though, that's my dream school since I started doing dental. Thanks!!

Great! Best of Luck!:)

regarding the bio randomness, how would you advise people to study? is there a way to be ready for it all instead of depending on luck or is that not practical?

thanks for your DAT breakdown!

nice improvement and definitely an above average qr score, at least from what everyone else has been posting! nice job, and thanks for the nice breakdown.

regarding the bio randomness, how would you advise people to study? is there a way to be ready for it all instead of depending on luck or is that not practical?

thanks for your DAT breakdown!

Well buddy...there is ONE book I did not read and I should've read. That's the.......hold on I am thinking.....................oh ya Cliffs AP Biology(Wow it took me 30 secs). I heard that book is the SHXXXT if you wanna get above a 20. :thumbup:

I honestly don't know how reliable that source is because I personally did not read that book so I dont know how good it is. Wanna go try it and let me know how good it is later?? ha..... I dont have a strong background in biology because I am not a bio major. I just hate bio and didn't pay much attention to those classes; that kinda hurt me too.

Like I said, I did everything possible for biology except for Cliff's and that only got me an 18. I didn't buy that book even though it's strongly recommended because.....the bookstore was out of stock when I went shopping for my books. After reading all the AP biology books, I figure they're all too similar for me to get a 4th book for biolgoy (Cliff's), taht's why I didn't get it.

However, I read somewhere on this forum that Cliff's is in much more detail in comparision to all the other stuff I was studying off. I did Acheiver, Topscore, Kaplan, Baron's AP BIO, Baron's guide to the DAT, DAT Destroyer, and Mcgraw Hill's AP Biology. Oh..one thing on my biolgoy. I had 3 pretty hard questions that were DIRECTLY off Destroyer word per word, 1 off topscore, and another one off Achiever.

For people out there, I dont recommend buying Baron's guide to the DAT. It sucks....It has 2 practice tests with NO SOLUTIONS/EXPLANATIONS, only the answer keys. Every lesson notes are mentioned in either Kaplan or Baron's Biology. Don't was 20 dollars on that book, it's pointless. Let me know if you guys need anymore suggestions

yay-yarrrr!!! even tho i've already said this on facebook - GOOD JOB! :thumbup: i am still jealous of your QR & PAT scoressss. :p

haha..thanks Ms. Shin..HEY I AM JEALOUS OF YOUR SCIENCE SCORE OK!!!!! So we're even..haha

Any suggestion in using the scroll bar. Since there is not any thumb in the reading section. Only arrow keys are present. Scrolling too fast especially through passages. It might skip one or two paragraphs and by the time I get to it too much time has elapsed. Please help.

Any suggestion in using the scroll bar. Since there is not any thumb in the reading section. Only arrow keys are present. Scrolling too fast especially through passages. It might skip one or two paragraphs and by the time I get to it too much time has elapsed. Please help.

Eh...I really dont scroll fast...I just scan through each paragraphs. I can scan 3 - 4 lines at the same time. I dont know, I am just a slow reader but a fast scanner. I guess I trained my eyes pretty well playing video games..haha ya I know it's pretty sad but hey start playing games that involves higher speed moments

Oh sorry..forgot to add. When you scanned the keyward you're looking for, you slow down and actaully read that paragraph. I usually read the paragraph before and after the papragraph with the keyward that's asked in the question. Thats just to make sure the passage won't trick you by saying something like...EVEN THOUGH "A" IS PROVEN BUT LATER ON Dr. SO AND SO HAVE DISCOVERED THAT "B" works better than "a"....ya you knnow what I mean??

Also...MAKE SURE you note which paragraph you got your info from. For the actaully DAT, everytime you move onto the next question, the screen jumps back to paragraph 1. So when you see something you know it's important, write down the paragraph number on paper so you won't forget where it is.

SKIP THE TONE questiosn or questions that ask you what do you think the author would do till the end of the passage. By the time you scanned and answered the questions, you pretty much have read the entire passage twice already. So go back to those questiosn LAST. I was only getting like 17s on all my RC using the Kaplan method. Ever since Istarted using the search and destroy method, I did not get below a 20 on all my practice tests. I got a 19 on the real thing that's because I got the god damn piano passage. I am still pretty upset about that.....

Last edited: