Cosmicnova

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
First thing first, I thank you to all of you because I learned a lot from this forum and you guys.

I took DAT this morning at 8AM. And, it turned out fine.

Honestly, I didn't expect this much. But... What the heck...

Long story short. Here is my score. (or see attached picture below)

PA : 24 (98.0)
QR : 22 (98.7)

RC : 18 (52.2):( --------------> Well, English is not my first language... (Reasonable excuse?)
Bio : 26 (99.8)
GC : 29 (99.9)
OC : 28 (99.5)

TS : 29 (100.0):confused: (26 + 29 + 28)/3 = 29????
AA : 25 (100.0):confused: ---------> 25AA with 100.0%? weird.

I am glad that it is finally done. (well, at least DAT part)

However, I am somewhat worried about my low RC score because I heard that

some schools have cut-lines for each section. (around 17 or 18???)

Am I going to be ok? or should i retake because of low RC? ( I really don't want to!!)

(Just in case. I am biology major student, and have cGPA = 3.72, sGPA about 3.75)

Attachments

jeffity

7+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2009
Status
Dentist
Yes. I'll say it turned out fine.

25/29/24 with 3.7s? I think they'll look right on past the 18RC. That should clear cutoffs anyway. No way you retake for something like that. Unless you're looking to show off and pull 100th percentile in PAT along with your AA and TS.

OP
C

Cosmicnova

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Thank you ! Such a Relief.

Mar 30, 2012
Status
Congratulations!
Would you mind posting a rough schedule you followed? and practice tests you used?

ushaseos

-Classified Information-
5+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2011
Status
Pre-Dental
Apparently saying that English isn't your first language isn't a good excuse. Who cares anyways, with your scores I'm sure they wouldn't give a f***. They'd look at that AA and TS and just want to make sure your RC is above cut-offs.

I feel sorry for the DAT...you didn't merely kill it. I fear, I can't even describe what you did to this exam.

Also TS isn't exactly an average of the Sciences. It is actually a based on a score out of 100 for the total sections. I am pretty sure you missed 1 question in each science section so you probably have a 97/100 which is a 29. Seriously impressive man! Congrats again.

Muelitas

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2011
Status
Pre-Dental
These are jaw dropping scores!!! Wonderful!! Congratulations!!!

Can you tell us what you did, for how long, and what were your practice tests scores?
Thanks!!

Msmouth

7+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2010
Earth
Status
Dental Student
Outstanding scores!!! WOW I doubt you need to retake, you are brilliant!

OP
C

Cosmicnova

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Congratulations!
Would you mind posting a rough schedule you followed? and practice tests you used?
I used general materials, which discussed in this forum more than thousand times.

1) Kaplan Blue Book (however, I used it barely. I read the sections Cliff's didn't cover)

2) DAT Destroyer : Totally OVERKILL for GC, OC. Great for Bio. Through it 3 times

3) Math Destroyer : just did 13 sets (didn't even look back what I got wrong)

4) Cliff's AP Biology : Read X 3 times, did problem set once

5) Chad's Video : THIS IS TOTALLY NECCESSARY!!! Chad is the man!

6) Crack PAT, Math : I only used Crack PAT to practice PAT part. I think you don't need other softwares. Crack MATH is also good source to study if you are not good at math.

7) Topscore : Well, I used it as practice for whole DAT. Definitely harder than real DAT.

8) DAT Qvault : I think this is good source too. GC and OC part are somewhat easier than Destroyer. But, it is still harder than real DAT. Bio is definitely harder but give you some
fresh questions you never seen in Destroyer.

I heard that DAT achiever is also a good practice tool. However, I didn't use it because

I didn't want to drag my confidence to the bottom. That's why I only used Topscore for

practice whole DAT. Well, I guess it was a good decision for me.

In real DAT, GC and OC are definitely easier than any practice materials. However,

It is very important to note that few questions have a trap, which was very clear to me.

Watch out for those, and you will be OK.

About Bio, I had some odd balls (like 3) questions that I never seen before.

If you think carefully, however, you can manage to narrow it down and educated guess.

I think it worked well in my case.

Mar 31, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
What sort of oddball bio questions were there? Evolutionary, molecular, physiological? Or are we not allowed to ask you that lol

Mr. Thirsty

Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
May 28, 2011
Status
Dentist
First thing first, I thank you to all of you because I learned a lot from this forum and you guys.

I took DAT this morning at 8AM. And, it turned out fine.

Honestly, I didn't expect this much. But... What the heck...

Long story short. Here is my score. (or see attached picture below)

PA : 24 (98.0)
QR : 22 (98.7)
RC : 18 (52.2):( --------------> Well, English is not my first language... (Reasonable excuse?)
Bio : 26 (99.8)
GC : 29 (99.9)
OC : 28 (99.5)

TS : 29 (100.0):confused: (26 + 29 + 28)/3 = 29????
AA : 25 (100.0):confused: ---------> 25AA with 100.0%? weird.

I am glad that it is finally done. (well, at least DAT part)

However, I am somewhat worried about my low RC score because I heard that

some schools have cut-lines for each section. (around 17 or 18???)

Am I going to be ok? or should i retake because of low RC? ( I really don't want to!!)

(Just in case. I am biology major student, and have cGPA = 3.72, sGPA about 3.75)
Amazing scores! Can I ask how long you studied for it?

OP
C

Cosmicnova

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Amazing scores! Can I ask how long you studied for it?
Since a lot of you asking me how long did I study, I studied about more than 3 month

during the spring semester. During the semester, I only took 12 credit hours so

I put my effort on studying DAT when I didn't study for exam/classwork. However,

I don't recommend this because it's very stressful. (Luckily, I managed to pull 4.0 GPA

for this semester, but still... you know what I'm saying;))