DAT Done 6/19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tsav23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dat finished last night. What a wild 4 1/2 hour ride it was.

BIO: 18
CHEM: 30
OCHEM:21
PAT: 19
RC: 18
QR: 18
TS: 21
AA: 21

BIO: Very random. I studied Kaplan, and Schaum's , I felt like I knew Kaplan very well, but there were not many questions that I saw on the real test that I spent the bulk of my time studying for.

CHEM: A lot of concepts. I really enjoy chemistry but I wasn't expecting a perfect score. Used Kaplan and Barron's

OCHEM: Due to the hard Bio questions, when I got to OChem I only had 11 minutes left to answer all 30 questions. I had to fly. I am a TA for Ochem, on all my practice tests I was getting 30's or 28's. I felt that it was really easy, the time factor is what got me on this one, but with being pressed from time I can't complain with a 21.

PAT: A lot easier than Achiever, harder than top score, equal to Crack DAT PAT. Keyholes and Top Front End were very similar to Crack DAT PAT, I am glad that I purchased Crack DAT PAT just for those sections. Kaplan was useless (too Easy). I ran out of time on this section too, Had to guess on the last 6 pattern folding questions.

RC: The first two passages were entertaining, and I felt good about all the questions, but once again I got behind, and had to scramble to finish on time. Third passage was boring. But the questions were harder than RC for achiever and top score.

QR: Way harder than any practice tests. I ran out of time on this section as well. Trig problems were easy, but the algebra was harder than I was expecting, and some of the word problems had to many decimals and fractions.

For those who have not taken the test, focus on time management. I usually would finish the Natural Science section 15 minutes early, but on the real thing, with all the anxiety and pressure, I tended to go slower, which really put me in a bind for OChem. Expect to take 20 minutes extra on the Natural sciences on the real thing.

I am a Florida resident and am hoping to get into the U. of Florida. My overall GPA is 3.85, with science 3.83. I have good volunteer and shadowing, with a humantarian trip and dental work to Nicaragua. Any input on my chances would be helpful.

Good luck everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

Dat finished last night. What a wild 4 1/2 hour ride it was.

BIO: 18
CHEM: 30
OCHEM:21
PAT: 19
RC: 18
QR: 18
TS: 21
AA: 21

BIO: Very random. I studied Kaplan, and Schaum's , I felt like I knew Kaplan very well, but there were not many questions that I saw on the real test that I spent the bulk of my time studying for.

CHEM: A lot of concepts. I really enjoy chemistry but I wasn't expecting a perfect score. Used Kaplan and Barron's

OCHEM: Due to the hard Bio questions, when I got to OChem I only had 11 minutes left to answer all 30 questions. I had to fly. I am a TA for Ochem, on all my practice tests I was getting 30's or 28's. I felt that it was really easy, the time factor is what got me on this one, but with being pressed from time I can't complain with a 21.

PAT: A lot easier than Achiever, harder than top score, equal to Crack DAT PAT. Keyholes and Top Front End were very similar to Crack DAT PAT, I am glad that I purchased Crack DAT PAT just for those sections. Kaplan was useless (too Easy). I ran out of time on this section too, Had to guess on the last 6 pattern folding questions.

RC: The first two passages were entertaining, and I felt good about all the questions, but once again I got behind, and had to scramble to finish on time. Third passage was boring. But the questions were harder than RC for achiever and top score.

QR: Way harder than any practice tests. I ran out of time on this section as well. Trig problems were easy, but the algebra was harder than I was expecting, and some of the word problems had to many decimals and fractions.

For those who have not taken the test, focus on time management. I usually would finish the Natural Science section 15 minutes early, but on the real thing, with all the anxiety and pressure, I tended to go slower, which really put me in a bind for OChem. Expect to take 20 minutes extra on the Natural sciences on the real thing.

I am a Florida resident and am hoping to get into the U. of Florida. My overall GPA is 3.85, with science 3.83. I have good volunteer and shadowing, with a humantarian trip and dental work to Nicaragua. Any input on my chances would be helpful.

Good luck everybody!

NIce TS and AA, fabulous Gchem, Ochem is pretty good too. I wish you had done better on BIO. What was the problem with BIO? What was annoying about it?
You are absolutely right. I always try to get a 15-20 min extra at the end of natural sciences too, and I'm planning to do that on the real test.
You have excellent GPA and EC acrtivity. With these scores, I find nothing in your way of getting into a dental school. I don't have particular info about the one in Florida though. Good Luck, and congrats

What made Bio hard was that the questions were not just straight vocabulary like the top score tests. Also I focused a lot on photosynthesis and cellular respiration, but I did not see any questions about it. It seems that most of the practice tests that I took had a lot of cellular respiration questions. But not on the test that I took, but of course it could be different depending on what test you receive.

Congrats nice score! a 28 or 30 on Ochem could have really improved your chances alot. But they are still pretty good score. From what I know UF puts a lot of emphasis on GPA & since your cGPA & sGPA is so high, I thnk you have a good shot at UF. Especially if you did science major, then you are golden. Also both UF & NOVA likes to see high TS, and TS of 21 is well above their average. I don't see why you wouldn't get admitted to UF. Congrats again!!