DAT Done 6/21

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsmars03

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need some feed back.
PAT 16 34%:scared:
QR 16 53.2%:scared:
RC 20 72.4%
Bio 22 95.7%:)
GChen 18 61.7%:(
OChem 23 94.3%:)
TS 21 92.4%
AA 20 87.1%

I used Crack DAT PAT (scoring 19-20) Then a 16 wtf?

BCP GPA=3.59 Total GPA=3.63

I used DAT Destroyer for everything else and nothing for RC.

Looks like I will have to take it again.

Members don't see this ad.

Need some feed back.
RC 20 72.4%
TS 21 92.4%
AA 20 87.1%

Your QR score won't kill you, but your PAT score will.

what was so different between CDP and the DAT? I know angles are harder but were the other sections harder too?

I think your scores are just fine, definitely above average (except QR and PAT). Don't sweat it too much. You GPA's look really good as well. Depending on the rest of your application, I don't think you'll have a problem getting into dental school. How many are you applying too?

Members don't see this ad :)
The cube counting was optical illusions (similar to CDP), the angles were exactly like CDP (think this is what slowed me down). Hole punch was hard. I finished with 20 seconds remaining. Out of all the CDP test it was by far harder. Very, very disapointed.

Im applying to 7 schools. One I have no shot at. I have 2.5 years of research with several international conferences and potentially a paper.

BTW, for the QR test, get used to using the mouse to punch numbers in to the calculator. I used my number pad when taking practice tests. I know this sounds ridiculous, but the mouse was so sensitive it was hard punching the numbers quickly. This cost me a few minutes.

During the 15 minute break, I wrote P1, P2, P3, etc (up to P15) before the exam started, then I read the first 2 senetences and last 2 sentences of each paragraph and wrote on the dry erase board what each paragraph was about then went on the the questions. My last passage only had 5 questions actually on the passage itself, all the others were actually like experimental data: a western blot i had to interpret, and some other really weird things I had never seen before. Very weird. I only tried this approach one time before on KBB and i scored a 18.

jsmars, can you give us a breakdown on the rest of your subjects..

how long did you study for?

what did you use for bio/ochem?

I think u'll be fine. Solid AA/TS scores. QR well no one is really that great in math at least me lol but PAT hmm? 18-20 on Crack DATPAT and 16 on the real DAT? Its strange cause I've been reading all the breakdowns and ppl usually score higher on DAT than crackdat pat. Correct me if I"m wrong.

Overall, call up the schools that you wanna go and see what they say abt QR and PAT but do mention your NICE AA/TS!!! good luck!

Need some feed back.
RC 20 72.4%
TS 21 92.4%
AA 20 87.1%

Need some feed back.
RC 20 72.4%
TS 21 92.4%
AA 20 87.1%

your scores are good, so is your gpa. just do some investigating and see if the schools you're applying to have pat cut offs.

I would have to say that your scores are ok not great but not bad just ok. Your AA and TS are good enough to save you but i don't think your scores will be able to get into any school so don't be too picky about where you apply.