DAT Done 7/20/2009 Monday

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dev9036

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

First of all thanks to all the members of SDN for their help in choosing the materials to study.

Ight Here is my break down!!

PAT - 20 (85%)
RC - 18 (45%)
Qr - 17 (66%)
BIO - 29 (99.9%):cool:
GC - 30 (100%):D
OC - 30 (100%);)
TS - 30 (100%)
AA -25 (99.9%)

I am applying to Upenn, Harvard, UMDNJ, Temple and Columbia!!

Overall GPA-3.8 Sci. GPA 3.95. I have research Experience, extracurriculars, many awards and deans lists, and also Dentistry experience.

Applications are done, What do you guys think of my chances in getting in above schools. Any insight will be helpful. Thanks Again SDN.

As everyone asked for here is some what I think about the test and how was prepared for it.

Biology: Its my major. The stuff on the test was a lot of random questions, that either you know or u dont. There was only one question that I was not sure of for this sections but hit it with Educated guess and turned out to be nice. The day before exam, I went thru my whole text book at least 15 chapters only figures and all that stuff. While studying I was also taking notes of what stuff that I thought I didnt know, and thus I dont have to keep going over the whole book over and over again but rather that particular part of info. that I can look up.
I did destroyer only once and took notes, and tried to memorize new info.

G.chem- My fav section. Destroyer and Kaplan online course prepared me enough. Even in my practice test I was used to get may be 1 or 2 wrong at max. I would say if u know destroyer, chill.

O.chem- Received O.chem Achievement awards for this class. Since I forgot many of the stuff, I had to spent so much time in here. Then bought destroyer week before test, went over whole book in 4-5 days. Before test went over road maps. The actual exam was piece of cake!!

PAT- bought CDP took everysingle test in the last week. I had only five test package that I bought like in my sophomore year. IT was or not close to CDP..dont know but I was not much happy or sad with this score.

QR: Skipped tons of questions, and believe me u must do it. Or else U will end up in 13's. Coz many word probs and all that u neva have come across in life, even after teaching math for 1.5 years at my college as a Math tutor.

During break Wish that U dont get Piano or Frapped or whatever.

RC: My worst section. For the first ten minutes just answered 5 questions. and then was like oh damn need to pace up, so tried my best with all the energy. only this is the section that I was most worried about. BUt I still had to just choose whatever in last 4 questions. (lucky me only for last 4!!)

Kaplan is a great way to start continure studying, but at the end u must use Destroyer or some harder stuff to measure your potential.

:clap::soexcited: Feels crezy to be done with THAT DAT on Monday!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• dev1.zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
all i have to say is , you could have done better on QR...its a good thing you applied early ...lol

ur scores are so high that i think you fill out an app to become a prophet!!! Lol, are u a girl/guy by the way?

Members don't see this ad :)

Bro/Sis whoever Are u..believe me. I cant really scan an post it..coz first its has my ssn on it..and the second I dont have a scanner.

It was definitely doable. While taking test I was not sure either but when I saw the score..I got up my chair close the computer and rushed out..:sleep:

:p didnt realize you had updated it. What text book are you referring to in your bio section?

Congrats on your wicked scores and thnx for the breakdown!

:p didnt realize you had updated it. What text book are you referring to in your bio section?

Congrats on your wicked scores and thnx for the breakdown!

I used HUman Anatomy and Physioloigy by sullivan...but I think use what ever u used in the class..coz u are more familiar with it and help u go over stuff faster. Its my belief is that almost all books represent basic info similarly...:laugh:

Alright I'm seriously not trying to troll the thread but as respectfully as possible, I'm gonna have to say that if he can't produce a scan he didn't get those scores. I couldn't care less if someone makes up stats but if you make them up and start giving advice, that's kinda whack. The guy posted his kaplan scores 11 days ago and got...

BIO/GCHEM/OCHEM
19/20/21
19/21/20
20/10/20
26/17/17
19/18/21

lol about a 20TS on 5 kaplan tests with a 30TS on the real thing 11 days later? it's been like 2 days since the scores were posted... at least enough time to photoshop something together :oops:

Alright I'm seriously not trying to troll the thread but as respectfully as possible, I'm gonna have to say that if he can't produce a scan he didn't get those scores. I couldn't care less if someone makes up stats but if you make them up and start giving advice, that's kinda whack. The guy posted his kaplan scores 11 days ago and got...

BIO/GCHEM/OCHEM
19/20/21
19/21/20
20/10/20
26/17/17
19/18/21

lol about a 20TS on 5 kaplan tests with a 30TS on the real thing 11 days later? it's been like 2 days since the scores were posted... at least enough time to photoshop something together :oops:

Well not much trying to argue with u..coz I know the fact is not going to change regardless u believe it or not...I posted my kaplan's but those test I took when I started studying earlier after that I neva took any practice test. I took the kaplan course from May 19 to June 26th....and Had done all the practice test before the course was actually ending.

I also said in my thread that Kaplan is the way to start and contintue but not the end,

My thread also mentioned earlier that I bought destroyer for the last week. Thats all believe it or not up to u.
:xf:

Last but not least, PPl learn from their mistakes..like what you got wrong earlier in the test..and last two weeks..u concentrate to improve on those part of the test only..not the stuff that U already know. Thats how it worked out.

Hopefully finally now something will ur brain be able to soak up.

Last edited:
Well not much trying to argue with u..coz I know the fact is not going to change regardless u believe it or not...I posted my kaplan's but those test I took when I started studying earlier after that I neva took any practice test. I took the kaplan course from May 19 to June 26th....and Had done all the practice test before the course was actually ending.

I also said in my thread that Kaplan is the way to start and contintue but not the end,

My thread also mentioned earlier that I bought destroyer for the last week. Thats all believe it or not up to u.
:xf:

Last but not least, PPl learn from their mistakes..like what you got wrong earlier in the test..and last two weeks..u concentrate to improve on those part of the test only..not the stuff that U already know. Thats how it worked out.

Hopefully finally now something will ur brain be able to soak up.
There are always those who are in doubt of everyone and everything, but there is no need for you to prove anything, your hard work paid off and that's what really meters at the end of the day.

K I'll accept that everyone doesn't have a scanner so that's acceptable but everyone has a camera. I'm not trying to attack u here...all really high scorers do a scan to refute us "disbelievers" as the intellectual above so eloquently put.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If you're smart enough to get a TS 30 surely you're smart enough to figure out how to get an image on the computer....

If you're afraid of ppl stealing your personal info, just take a pic of it and use windows paint to black it out or erase it. It really shouldn't be that hard if u got what u say u got, and then u can shut these nonbelievers up for good.

So look...i just read through all the posts...ive been lurking in the dental section lately..but honestly, call me sinnicle, call me whatever..if these scores are real, I commend you...

take no offense to this post..if your scores are real, then you can laugh at everyone for not believing you..:)

Last edited:
Image is there on the Front page...as an attachment....And after checking that out..pls finally...say some good words....thnx...

Specially for u alpha, zora..and K niner,

Last edited:
With that low scores, I think you need to wait for the next cycle and retake the DAT !! :)

Seriously, awesome job man. Congrats.

Image is there on the Front page...as an attachment....And after checking that out..pls finally...say some good words....thnx...

THAT IS A BLOODY SMALL SCAN!! but i believed you anyways haha. congradumalations

hah! dev, ya know its cool you did this. but i think its cool that you kept your cool lol; your duty in life is not to prove things to others...but really i think this will shut some mouths up...lol again, awesome job...perhaps we'll be classmates (i am accepted but go fall 2011)! ahhahha probably not..where you applying?

I'LL TRADE YOU MY PAT AND RC SCORES FOR YOUR GC AND OC SCORES! =] LOL

Good job my man, you definitely got in, those science scores totally eclipse the other ones. God has truly smiled upon with those jaw-dropping scores! :idea:

hah! dev, ya know its cool you did this. but i think its cool that you kept your cool lol; your duty in life is not to prove things to others...but really i think this will shut some mouths up...lol again, awesome job...perhaps we'll be classmates (i am accepted but go fall 2011)! ahhahha probably not..where you applying?

Thnx man, I know but..I was like whatever..let me just upload a pic.. BTW I am applying to Upenn, columbia, Harvard, NYU, Temple, UMDNJ..