DAT Done 9/9/13

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qafleshi89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I just took the DAT for the second time and I don't really know what to make of my scores. I was contemplating whether to put up my scores on here or not just because of how impressive all the other ones are. But anyway, its worth a shot. I took the DAT for the first time on 6/3/13 and got demolished by it. I prepared for it for 2-months and I just had a breakdown during my test. My first scores were...

PA 19 (69.4%)
QR 15 (48.9%)
RC 15 (13.7%)
Bio 14 (15.0%) Embarrassing
GC 18 (51.8 %)
OC 17 (51.8%)
TS 16 (40.1%)
AA 16 (37.7%)

I was devastated by these scores and was seriously considering giving up. I have really bad test anxiety and my head was everywhere during it. After a couple of weeks I got back at it and started studying again. I was using all of the materials suggested on here (Destroyer, Chad's, Cliff's etc) and I added Bootcamp the second time around. After 3-months of studying I took the test for the second time today and my scores are.....

PA 22 (90.9%) +3
QR 15 (34.0%) no change
RC 23 (90.4%) +8 :( no idea how!
Bio 17 (46.8%) So frustrated by this score
GC 20 (75.5 %) +2
OC 18 (55.2%) +1 really disappointed here
TS 18 (59.4%) +2
AA 19 (72.0%) +3

PA 22 (Crack DAT, Bootcamp)

This is by far my strongest area. I didn't really practice much on this. I was really nervous last time and ran out of time. I just refined my strategy a bit and I'm happy overall. Keyholes and TFE were harder than Crack DAT but everything else was the same. Bootcamp is a very good representation of the whole PA section.

QR 15 (Destroyer, Bootcamp, Chad's, Crack DAT)
I actually like math and am pretty good at it. For some reason word problems just kill me. I did plenty of practice problems using Destroyer Math but I just never had a good understanding of some of the material and this clearly showed. The most important thing in this section is timing and marking questions. I ran out of time by spending too much time on problems. I will forever hate this section.

Reading Comprehension 23 (Crack DAT, Bootcamp)
Hahahahah. This score just makes me laugh. A combination of switching methods and exposure I knew I would get a better score than 15 this time but a 23 would have never crossed my mind. The first time I tried to actually read the articles and then answer the questions and obviously that didn't work too well. This time I started off by reading all of the questions first and then reading the passage. I was able to pick out answers right away and just go to the question and answer it. Luck was on my side as well as my articles were on material that I was pretty familiar with. One was on Genetic defects, Prions and Fiber optics. Not very wordy and all of them just made sense. I'm beyond happy with this score.

Biology 17 (Cliff's, Ferrali's Notes, Barrons AP, some Destroyer)
This score makes me sick. I spent the most time preparing for this section and I am very disappointed. I felt comfortable with this section and I was looking forward to it. I could honestly say I read Cliff's 3 times and I had a very good understanding of it. I supplemented Cliff's with Ferralis notes and Barron's when I didn't understand Cliff's. You would think that they would test you on important material like reproduction, Respiration, Animal Development etc.. but I had one question from each of those. I wasn't really comfortable with Taxonomy and this killed me. I had 4 or 5 questions on Taxonomy :confused: and 2 on Plants which were very specific. Anyways, this section sucked.

GC 20 (Chad's, Destroyer, Bootcamp)
This section was very fair. I thought I scored higher. I went through chad's twice and destroyer once. No random questions. Chad's and destroyer is plenty if you understand all of it.

OC 18 (Chad's, Destroyer (roadmaps), Bootcamp)
Again, very frustrated at this section. I knew all of the reactions including the roadmaps from Destroyer. The problem was I probably had 10 reactions and the rest were conceptual stuff. Caught me off guard but it was my fault. I focused a lot more on the reactions rather than all of the details. Test was fair and doable. I narrowed down 10 questions to two answers but I must of guessed wrong on most of those.

Like I said, these scores are not what you're going to find in this forum but I'm fairly happy with them. I am very nervous about my QR section. Let me know what you guys think. This forum has been the best resource in trying to figure out everything about the DAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I just took the DAT for the second time and I don't really know what to make of my scores. I was contemplating whether to put up my scores on here or not just because of how impressive all the other ones are. But anyway, its worth a shot. I took the DAT for the first time on 6/3/13 and got demolished by it. I prepared for it for 2-months and I just had a breakdown during my test. My first scores were...

PA 19 (69.4%)
QR 15 (48.9%)
RC 15 (13.7%)
Bio 14 (15.0%) Embarrassing
GC 18 (51.8 %)
OC 17 (51.8%)
TS 16 (40.1%)
AA 16 (37.7%)

I was devastated by these scores and was seriously considering giving up. I have really bad test anxiety and my head was everywhere during it. After a couple of weeks I got back at it and started studying again. I was using all of the materials suggested on here (Destroyer, Chad's, Cliff's etc) and I added Bootcamp the second time around. After 3-months of studying I took the test for the second time today and my scores are.....

PA 22 (90.9%) +3
QR 15 (34.0%) no change
RC 23 (90.4%) +8 :( no idea how!
Bio 17 (46.8%) So frustrated by this score
GC 20 (75.5 %) +2
OC 18 (55.2%) +1 really disappointed here
TS 18 (59.4%) +2
AA 19 (72.0%) +3

PA 22 (Crack DAT, Bootcamp)

This is by far my strongest area. I didn't really practice much on this. I was really nervous last time and ran out of time. I just refined my strategy a bit and I'm happy overall. Keyholes and TFE were harder than Crack DAT but everything else was the same. Bootcamp is a very good representation of the whole PA section.

QR 15 (Destroyer, Bootcamp, Chad's, Crack DAT)
I actually like math and am pretty good at it. For some reason word problems just kill me. I did plenty of practice problems using Destroyer Math but I just never had a good understanding of some of the material and this clearly showed. The most important thing in this section is timing and marking questions. I ran out of time by spending too much time on problems. I will forever hate this section.

Reading Comprehension 23 (Crack DAT, Bootcamp)
Hahahahah. This score just makes me laugh. A combination of switching methods and exposure I knew I would get a better score than 15 this time but a 23 would have never crossed my mind. The first time I tried to actually read the articles and then answer the questions and obviously that didn't work too well. This time I started off by reading all of the questions first and then reading the passage. I was able to pick out answers right away and just go to the question and answer it. Luck was on my side as well as my articles were on material that I was pretty familiar with. One was on Genetic defects, Prions and Fiber optics. Not very wordy and all of them just made sense. I'm beyond happy with this score.

Biology 17 (Cliff's, Ferrali's Notes, Barrons AP, some Destroyer)
This score makes me sick. I spent the most time preparing for this section and I am very disappointed. I felt comfortable with this section and I was looking forward to it. I could honestly say I read Cliff's 3 times and I had a very good understanding of it. I supplemented Cliff's with Ferralis notes and Barron's when I didn't understand Cliff's. You would think that they would test you on important material like reproduction, Respiration, Animal Development etc.. but I had one question from each of those. I wasn't really comfortable with Taxonomy and this killed me. I had 4 or 5 questions on Taxonomy :confused: and 2 on Plants which were very specific. Anyways, this section sucked.

GC 20 (Chad's, Destroyer, Bootcamp)
This section was very fair. I thought I scored higher. I went through chad's twice and destroyer once. No random questions. Chad's and destroyer is plenty if you understand all of it.

OC 18 (Chad's, Destroyer (roadmaps), Bootcamp)
Again, very frustrated at this section. I knew all of the reactions including the roadmaps from Destroyer. The problem was I probably had 10 reactions and the rest were conceptual stuff. Caught me off guard but it was my fault. I focused a lot more on the reactions rather than all of the details. Test was fair and doable. I narrowed down 10 questions to two answers but I must of guessed wrong on most of those.

Like I said, these scores are not what you're going to find in this forum but I'm fairly happy with them. I am very nervous about my QR section. Let me know what you guys think. This forum has been the best resource in trying to figure out everything about the DAT.

Great improvement!

Don't worry about all the scores posted here. Just remember that average accepted scores for most schools is around 19-20. You are right around there

Very nice job. Huge improvement. Congratulations.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Great job! I was about to be concern if the scores you had today was the first one you posted !! Well done !

Members don't see this ad :)
Good scores. You did not do terrible, so there is nothing to regret. You definitely did better the second time.
Good job.

Should I retake DAT considering these scores? Really need some advice

Yes. You should already know a lot of the material based on studying for the DAT twice. With a little review, most of the basic material will come right back and then you can concentrate on the finer points which may raise your score 2-5 points across each section. A 18 and 19 AA and TS are about average, or slightly below average for most schools, so a retake with 20+ would greatly improve your chances. It goes without saying that you had better studying your butt off since it would be your last shot at taking the DAT. Use that pressure as motivation to study hard and leave no doubt that you did everything you could to improve your score.