Jul 15, 2017
Hey, everyone!

I just took the DAT this morning and wanted to know if a retake was necessary. I am rising junior with a 3.7 GPA and approximately a 3.5 sGPA. I have good extracurricular activities and solid Letter of Recommendations. My DAT scores are:

Bio: 18
GC: 20
OC:23
PAT:20
Reading:21
QR:18
AA:20
TS:20

I am just disappointed in my bio grade. I knew that i would have trouble in Qr since I never had time to finish. I just wanted to know if I should retake. Thanks!

Pearl E. White

D1 at LECOM
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Status
Dental Student
These are good scores! I don't think a retake is necessary in your case. Great job!

Reactions: helloboys
OP
K
Jul 15, 2017
@Pearl E. White Thanks! I'm just nervous about the BIO grade. Everything else I feel like is good though, except QR, but I've always had trouble finishing. I saw your scores and YOU DID AWESOME!! GOOD JOB!

Pearl E. White

D1 at LECOM
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Status
Dental Student
@Pearl E. White Thanks! I'm just nervous about the BIO grade. Everything else I feel like is good though, except QR, but I've always had trouble finishing. I saw your scores and YOU DID AWESOME!! GOOD JOB!
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Make sure the other portions of your application are strong and you should be good. And Thank You So Much!

Reactions: orgoman22

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Hey, everyone!

I just took the DAT this morning and wanted to know if a retake was necessary. I am rising junior with a 3.7 GPA and approximately a 3.5 sGPA. I have good extracurricular activities and solid Letter of Recommendations. My DAT scores are:

Bio: 18
GC: 20
OC:23
PAT:20
Reading:21
QR:18
AA:20
TS:20

I am just disappointed in my bio grade. I knew that i would have trouble in Qr since I never had time to finish. I just wanted to know if I should retake. Thanks!
:highfive:Congratulations!

I see no reason for a retake unless your top choice of schools requires something higher. A 20/20 with a 3.5 sGpa will get interviews at many schools.

Wishing you the best..Nancy

OP
K
Jul 15, 2017
@orgoman22 THANK YOU!! Your resource has been extremely helpful and thank you for that! I'll be contacting some of the universities to see what they recommend to do.

Reactions: orgoman22

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
@orgoman22 THANK YOU!! Your resource has been extremely helpful and thank you for that! I'll be contacting some of the universities to see what they recommend to do.
Perfect! Should you need to retake which is highly unlikely...feel free to message me and I will be happy to help.

Nancy

Reactions: Kidjoker