DAT done yesterday!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jibbles19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
feels great to be done!
so here goes...

Bio:20
GChem:20
OChem:21
PAT:20
RC:28
QR:12
TS:21
AA:20

I know the math could have been tons better, but im ok with that :)
Just wanted to get some feedback as to what schools I should be aiming at (GPA 3.4, lots of extracirriculars, Volunteer EMT, Dental Intern experience).

I used Kaplan to study. I was stressing out before the test because I wasnt hitting 20s for the sciences on Kaplan but the actual test seemed a lot easier than theirs. I highly recommened using AP books for Bio and Gen Chem, they condense material and show great time saving calculation shortcuts.

If any one has any specific questions on the content of yesterday's exam, just let me know.

I really appreciate your feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

Amazing scores!!! Congrats!

What method did you use for RC?

Which Kaplan tests (the ones that you weren't hitting 20s on) are you talking about? Those diagnostic, midterm and final full-length tests?

feels great to be done!
so here goes...

Bio:20
GChem:20
OChem:21
PAT:20
RC:28
QR:12
TS:21
AA:20

I know the math could have been tons better, but im ok with that :)
Just wanted to get some feedback as to what schools I should be aiming at (GPA 3.4, lots of extracirriculars, Volunteer EMT, Dental Intern experience).

I used Kaplan to study. I was stressing out before the test because I wasnt hitting 20s for the sciences on Kaplan but the actual test seemed a lot easier than theirs. I highly recommened using AP books for Bio and Gen Chem, they condense material and show great time saving calculation shortcuts.

If any one has any specific questions on the content of yesterday's exam, just let me know.

I really appreciate your feedback!

Which Kaplan materials were you using? Did you take the course and use the "Review Notes" book with the online supplement material such as the quizzes, subject tests, etc.? If this was what your study material consisted of, was it enough? I am using the stuff I just mentioned and am wondering if that is enough as I've heard a lot of other supplement stuff mentioned on this website. Also, how were you doing on the Kaplan quizzes, subject tests, full-length tests, etc., and how much did your scores change as you got closer and closer to test time? Did you like the Kaplan "Passage Map" stradegy for RC or did you use another stradegy? Finally, how did you study and how long? Haha. Sorry for all these lengthy questions. I just have a lot to ask. Haha.

You're ok with a 12? I know it is QR but still a 12 is a huge red flag even in QR. I would make sure you contact schools to make sure there is no cuttoff. Other than QR your scores are super solid. Congrats.