DAT done!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wimmcs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off - thanks to all of you who helped me and gave me advice during this "painful" process. I just got done taking the DAT today and I'm o.k. with my scores, except the PAT. My overall was 18 and my PAT was a sorry 15!

Advice:

Bio - when you read and studying bio, make sure you "conceptualize" what you are reading and that you truly understand what you are reading. Some of the questions were very weird, but I believe if you understood some major concepts, the answers could be derived. Also, use other materials to supplement Kaplan.

Chem - a couple of weird questions I've never seen before, but overall was o.k. Some really easy ones, some more challenging. I do believe Kaplan is good for this section.

OChem - overall impression, not bad. A few nomenclature, lots of reactions and a few conceptual ?s, nothing out of the ordinary.

Reading - I skimmed thru my passage and found answers. There were some inference questions, so make sure you read at least the first 2 to 3 paragraphs completely because it seems that many of my questions derived from the first few paragraphs (also the last one as well). It was not too hard.

Math - someone, I think Drtacoelf (sp?) mentioned to study math from acethedat and he is totally correct. I actually did their practice questions (all of them) yesterday and I found a great number to be very similar. So, thanks for the comment!!!

Oveall - When I got done with my first section and was about ready to take a break I was so upset, since I KNEW I hadn't done well in the PAT and there were so many questions I just didn't know in the sciences!! I was "sweating bullets" and felt like I had just ruined all my chances... anyway, I drank some water, ate some candy, used the rr and headed back to my cubicle. I then started writing down some math formulas and "wham!!" the test started, so be careful and pay close attention so that you are not caught off guard and not start the test on time.

I can't give you any advice on the PAT, well... for obvious reasons, but I guess practice, practice, practice. I do believe that acethedat is a good resource for the PAT.

Good luck to all of you who will be taking this test. I'm very glad this whole thing is over. I know some of you that may be reading this may be having a hard time studying, and believe me... I had the worst time!! It was hard to stay motivated and to stay focus. (especially with 3 children running around all the time!!) However, a couple of people in this forum helped me and I'm very thankful to those of you who lent their support.

Just wanted to add that I have a ton of materials/books/subject tests/real DAT tests/flashcards, etc. for sale. I spent an enormous amount of time searching and buying, and I would like to sell it all together. Let me know if you are interested!!

Members don't see this ad.

ItsGavinC said:
Your score reflects a lot of hard work and effort put in by yourself. I know how it is to study with kids running around. Nice job!

Thank you very much!!

Members don't see this ad :)
wimmcs said:
When I got done with my first section and was about ready to take a break I was so upset.......there were so many questions I just didn't know in the sciences!! I was "sweating bullets" and felt like I had just ruined all my chances

Good work!! I felt the exact same way. Good luck on your interviews! Let me know how they go.

accidental said:
Good work!! I felt the exact same way. Good luck on your interviews! Let me know how they go.

Thanks for all your help. You were one who was very instrumental and helpful. I appreciate it!!

Good job, wimmcs!!! I would say 'sit back and relax' but I know with kids that is not always the case! So I will say congratulations and have fun filling out those secondaries! :clap:

what were ur individual subject scores? What schools are u applying to? btw nice job