DAT Done

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

star7126

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,:)

I finally finished today. I must say that the test sucks because the screen at the test center was abnormally large and the font made my eyes hurt. In the mist of the test I panicked because everything looked wierd to me. People kept coming in an out and it was annoying. However, I still managed to do well.. I got a 22 in bio, 21 in gen chem and 20 in orgo. I thought that I should have done a bit better, but def. do not second guess your answers. I used the destroyer for the sciences after reviewing the kaplan book. Not to rant about the destroyer, but when I took the kaplan diagnostic I got like a 15 in bio and a 12 or 13 in gen chem and look how much better I did. So for those of you out there worried about boosting up your grades- you certainly can.Jus use the destroyer. Also, I got a 19 in the reading because I ran out of time. There were 15 short paragraphs making it hard to scroll back and forth. I had used top score to prep for this and they just don't ask answers where can scroll and find in the passages, you have to infer about the topics. I think a good source for that was kaplan. I just wish I had used it. Anyway, hope all of you do well.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,:)

I finally finished today. I must say that the test sucks because the screen at the test center was abnormally large and the font made my eyes hurt. In the mist of the test I panicked because everything looked wierd to me. People kept coming in an out and it was annoying. However, I still managed to do well.. I got a 22 in bio, 21 in gen chem and 20 in orgo. I thought that I should have done a bit better, but def. do not second guess your answers. I used the destroyer for the sciences after reviewing the kaplan book. Not to rant about the destroyer, but when I took the kaplan diagnostic I got like a 15 in bio and a 12 or 13 in gen chem and look how much better I did. So for those of you out there worried about boosting up your grades- you certainly can.Jus use the destroyer. Also, I got a 19 in the reading because I ran out of time. There were 15 short paragraphs making it hard to scroll back and forth. I had used top score to prep for this and they just don't ask answers where can scroll and find in the passages, you have to infer about the topics. I think a good source for that was kaplan. I just wish I had used it. Anyway, hope all of you do well.

Congrats on the test man...

Yeah I found the computers to be horrible every practice exam I took was on a nice 20 inch lcd monitor so it was a shock to see 60hz on a CRT which just kills your eyes with the perphiral...

That was long day of hell I never want to repeat..

I found RC a good way to attack it is just jump in to the first question and start reading the passage when you get to the answer of the first question answer it. Go to the nxt question read it and then think have I read over that question yet? If not keep reading the passage till you get to it answer it... I found I knocked out about half the questions by the end of the passage and had about 10 min to still go back and reread sections to try and get out in time...

Got me a 22 in RC so try it in practice see how it goes but yes the RC does ask for a lot of inferances..

Oh and I found PAT to be way harder than anything id previously seen in practice...

I too used top score it was alright, just good to get used to enduring 5 hours of testing

I treated each test as a real one with the time limits and all so I knew what it would be like..