DAT down, Application on deck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajmcq

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
DAT Results

PA: 23
QR: 20
RC: 22
Bio: 21
GC: 23
OC: 26
TS: 22
AA: 22

Study Materials:

Cliffs AP bio
KBB (and practice tests)
Feralis Notes
Crack the PAT
Bootcamp
Chad's Videos
DAT destroyer
Math Destroyer

A lot of hard work went into preparing for this test. I definitely recommend studying in a group (if possible) to bounce ideas of each other and stay focused. I know I wasn't very strong in organic when I first started studying, but my study partner @Cwinship helped me out a ton. I owe him a lot, and we worked hard together. I am going into my senior year now, so I will be submitting my application very soon.

I know I ended up taking my DAT on the late side (summer after my junior year), but I probably wouldn't change a thing that I did. Am I in any trouble because of rolling admissions? This application cycle is well underway, but I am going to submit mine very soon.

Also, any pointers for my personal statement?

If you have any questions for me, feel free.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
For your personal statement just be honest! With your scores, just don't let your personal statement hurt you and you should be okay. Mine was very simple and kind of told a story about how I got into dentistry. People who proof-read it said you could tell it came from a small town kid, but that you could tell it was honest and that dentistry is something I really enjoy. It doesn't have to be super fancy, pretend you're explaining to your mom why you want to get into dentistry and start typing.

Reactions: 1 users
DAT Results

PA: 23
QR: 20
RC: 22
Bio: 21
GC: 23
OC: 26
TS: 22
AA: 22

Study Materials:

Cliffs AP bio
KBB (and practice tests)
Feralis Notes
Crack the PAT
Bootcamp
Chad's Videos
DAT destroyer
Math Destroyer

A lot of hard work went into preparing for this test. I definitely recommend studying in a group (if possible) to bounce ideas of each other and stay focused. I know I wasn't very strong in organic when I first started studying, but my study partner @Cwinship helped me out a ton. I owe him a lot, and we worked hard together. I am going into my senior year now, so I will be submitting my application very soon.

I know I ended up taking my DAT on the late side (summer after my junior year), but I probably wouldn't change a thing that I did. Am I in any trouble because of rolling admissions? This application cycle is well underway, but I am going to submit mine very soon.

Also, any pointers for my personal statement?

If you have any questions for me, feel free.

Couldn't have done it without you. I do recommend to others to study in groups of two or more. It really gives you a chance to talk everything out and help each other with certain weaknesses each of you may have.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats man!! Great scores all around. Just curious did you have any Rock shaped /crystals show up on your keyhole section?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats man!! Great scores all around. Just curious did you have any Rock shaped /crystals show up on your keyhole section?

There may have been, but I can't say for sure. I honestly don't recall many of the questions.

Reactions: 1 user
congrats on these amazing scores!
do you mind sharing your practice test scores from bootcamp/crack?

Average scores on bootcamp:
Bio: 20
GC: 19
OC: 21
Quant: 17
RC: 19
PAT: 21

I also took 3 Kaplan practice tests and my scores were 16, 17, and 18 in that order

My average score on the Crack PAT tests was around a 21, but I completed all those a month before the test.

The last two weeks are critical to crush practice questions (Destroyer, Chad's quizzes, bootcamp, practice tests). I also made tons of flashcards to review in my free time.