1. It’s Test Prep Week! Visit the Test Prep Forums to learn about test prep products and services, ask questions in test-related AMA threads, take advantage of exclusive SDN member discounts, and enter to win free stuff!

DAT Eliminated

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Imrizzle, Feb 11, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Imrizzle

Imrizzle 7+ Year Member

May 16, 2010
    Hey guys,

Just finished the DAT today finally! It got delayed from my initial Jan 21st date due to the snow storm so I had to sit tight for 3 weeks for my rescheduled test. Just wanted to thank everyone for their breakdown and discussions on the exam, it helped me to understand how the materials compared to the exam, and how to learn from them.

PAT 20
    QR 19
    RC 21
    Bio 23
    GC 30
    OC 23
    TS 24
    AA 23

Going to make this break down short and sweet.

PAT
    I used Bootcamp, CDP and Achiever. Those I believe combined is perfect for PAT success. I averaged around 19-21 on Achiever and Bootcamp, CDP probably averaged 23. I also felt Qvault was a good supplement for PAT, maybe the angles were a bit easy but overall it was helpful.

QR
    I don't really have much advice on this (given I only got a 19). I can say though that you should know your formulas, and do destroyer. Also don't panic if you can't finish the whole destroyer tests in 45 min, or over the difficulty of the destroyer questions. I felt the test questions were somewhat similar to destroyer, maybe a little easier.
    The one solid piece of advice I can say for QR is that it is at the very end of the test right after Reading Comp. No break in between. I was fried by the time QR came, and my brain was just wanting to leave and was really hungry at that point. So if you are concerned about QR and want to do well on this section you should practice test taking stamina. I didn't do any full length tests at all during my studying. I usually did half tests.

Bio
    I did destroyer and basically kept rereading Ferali's notes. I'd say if you know Ferali's notes front and back you should do fine on this section. I supplemented the notes with Google searches online to help me understand and remember things.

GC
    So for this section I basically used Bootcamp, Qvault, Achiever, Destroyer, as well as Chad's quizzes. If you can handle Chad's and most of destroyer I feel you can do fine on the section.

OC
    Generally the same thing for Gen Chem.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. I know this isn't the most in depth Breakdown, but I thought I'd try to give a little back for the wealth of information this forum has provided.

Thanks!

-Imrizzle

Shadowwalker likes this.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. hongbinbaneben

hongbinbaneben 2+ Year Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Phenomenal scores. You killed it. Congratulations

4. predentalgirl

predentalgirl 2+ Year Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Awesome. Congrats!

5. NMC2010

NMC2010 τετέλεσται 2+ Year Member

Jun 5, 2013
    on the sidewalk
    Army
    Nailed it!

6. Dotoday

Dotoday 7+ Year Member

May 27, 2007
    Outstanding scores. Great job.

7. Sharon914

Sharon914 2+ Year Member

Jan 16, 2013
    No questions, congrats!!!;)

8. koreano

koreano 5+ Year Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Dentist
    killed it... good job

9. biomolecmed

biomolecmed 2+ Year Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Solid scores. Nicely done. Congratulations.

10. mmarzouk08

mmarzouk08 2+ Year Member

Sep 10, 2013

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  11. Imrizzle

Imrizzle 7+ Year Member

May 16, 2010
    The Pat was striaghtforward. Similar to crack Dat for me. I prob did less than my crack dat avg of about 23 due to anxiety of the test taking. But overall it wan't too bad, no illusions in the cube counting like seen in some achiever exams. :)

mmarzouk08 likes this.
  12. Glimmer1991

Glimmer1991 5+ Year Member

May 5, 2012
    NC
    Check out that GC score!

I know it was so annoying to have to wait, but you killed it! Congrats!

13. JHekmati

JHekmati

Jun 24, 2014
    you killed it! congrats!!