DAT exam easier during different times of year?

Started by ihave1question
Tags Tags
dat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ihave1question

Membership Revoked
Removed
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any thoughts on this? My dentist works for the ADA and he told me that during certain parts of the year the DAT is easier. Anybody know if this is true?
 
I thought the DAT was graded based on how people did in the past on that particular test you are taking. So how hard ADA thinks the exam is is based on how people have done over the year.

If your dentist is right, I would predict that it is harder maybe in the summer. Since most people will want to take the DAT when they have the most amount of time in the summer. People will tend to score higher if they have a lot of time to dedicate to the exam.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought the DAT was graded based on how people did in the past on that particular test you are taking. So how hard ADA thinks the exam is is based on how people have done over the year.

If your dentist is right, I would predict that it is harder maybe in the summer. Since most people will want to take the DAT when they have the most amount of time in the summer. People will tend to score higher if they have a lot of time to dedicate to the exam.

I don't think that makes the test harder it just makes it so you have to get more questions right in order to get into a certain percentile.