1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

DAT Finished 8/11

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by predental9, Aug 12, 2011.

1. predental9

PAT - 21
    QR - 21
    RC - 22
    Bio - 26
    GC - 20
    OC - 29
    TS - 24
    AA - 24

PAT - Not too bad. CDP is the closet to the real thng. Key holes weren't as bad as I thought they were be althoug some were pretty tricky. Angles were like CDP, pattern folding a bit harder, hole punching easier, TFE about the same (maybe a little bit easier), and cube counting easier/the same.

QR - Time is definitely the killer here. I recommend Math Destroyer as well as Crack Dat Math to get used to the timing, but if you want to save money I would just choose Math Destroyer. Most problems pretty simple with a few lengthy problems that take a bit of more time. As many others have said, if you can't do it right away, guess, mark, and come back to it later.

RC - I was worried for this section the most and it was NOT that bad at all. My own strategy was to read the passage making a very simple outline of each paragraph, and it worked pretty well. Don't freak out about this if you're not so strong in reading.

Bio - Thought it was pretty straight forward. Cliffs is the key here, as well as Destroyer bio. Maybe a little bit of Kaplan blue book to supplement but not completely necessary. I'm a bio major so that probably helped this score out compared to most of the others.

Gen chem - My lowest score. I never thought gen chem was particularly hard so I was kind of surprised, but to be honest I'm still happy with a 20. Know destroyer inside and out and you'll be more than set! (I think I just choked on a few problems here - destroyer really did prepare me well). Oh and duh, Chad's. But that's obvious.

Orgo - Not bad at all. Destroyer/Chad. Enough said. (Destroyer = overkill to the max, which I appreciate!)

Really wasn't that bad and even though prometric is kind of annoying, my center was run pretty well and was a stress free environment. Wish I had an eraser but the test administrators were good about replacing my sheets when I filled them out. You'll do well if you put in the effort but...duh. Haha. Good luck everyone!

Also my GPA is a 3.6 (both overall and science). Am I in good shape? Interested in UoP, UCLA, and UCSF (out of state unfortunately), among others. But any feedback on my chances at those schools would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LetsGo2DSchool

Removed 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Nice job, congrats! A lot of 24s lately. I hope they don't release any tough version in response during the next couple of weeks :scared:

4. tayloreve

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    what is up with all these crazy high scores!!! geeeeez..

good job though :)