1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

DAT Finished 8/11

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by predental9, Aug 12, 2011.

1. predental9

PAT - 21
    QR - 21
    RC - 22
    Bio - 26
    GC - 20
    OC - 29
    TS - 24
    AA - 24

PAT - Not too bad. CDP is the closet to the real thng. Key holes weren't as bad as I thought they were be althoug some were pretty tricky. Angles were like CDP, pattern folding a bit harder, hole punching easier, TFE about the same (maybe a little bit easier), and cube counting easier/the same.

QR - Time is definitely the killer here. I recommend Math Destroyer as well as Crack Dat Math to get used to the timing, but if you want to save money I would just choose Math Destroyer. Most problems pretty simple with a few lengthy problems that take a bit of more time. As many others have said, if you can't do it right away, guess, mark, and come back to it later.

RC - I was worried for this section the most and it was NOT that bad at all. My own strategy was to read the passage making a very simple outline of each paragraph, and it worked pretty well. Don't freak out about this if you're not so strong in reading.

Bio - Thought it was pretty straight forward. Cliffs is the key here, as well as Destroyer bio. Maybe a little bit of Kaplan blue book to supplement but not completely necessary. I'm a bio major so that probably helped this score out compared to most of the others.

Gen chem - My lowest score. I never thought gen chem was particularly hard so I was kind of surprised, but to be honest I'm still happy with a 20. Know destroyer inside and out and you'll be more than set! (I think I just choked on a few problems here - destroyer really did prepare me well). Oh and duh, Chad's. But that's obvious.

Orgo - Not bad at all. Destroyer/Chad. Enough said. (Destroyer = overkill to the max, which I appreciate!)

Really wasn't that bad and even though prometric is kind of annoying, my center was run pretty well and was a stress free environment. Wish I had an eraser but the test administrators were good about replacing my sheets when I filled them out. You'll do well if you put in the effort but...duh. Haha. Good luck everyone!

Also my GPA is a 3.6 (both overall and science). Am I in good shape? Interested in UoP, UCLA, and UCSF (out of state unfortunately), among others. But any feedback on my chances at those schools would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LetsGo2DSchool

Removed 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Nice job, congrats! A lot of 24s lately. I hope they don't release any tough version in response during the next couple of weeks :scared:

4. tayloreve

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    what is up with all these crazy high scores!!! geeeeez..

good job though :)