• It's our birthday!

Thank you to all our members and donors for supporting us for since 1999.

DAT Hindering Acceptance after Interviews?

Curious, when do you know your DAT can be hindering your acceptance to a dental school, especially after you were able to receive 5+ interviews but only attend the ones you wanted and still end up waitlisted at all of them?

(Waitlisted at 3 schools and they are the only 3 interviews I wanted to attend after realizing I'd rather take a gap year than live 4 years somewhere I'd be uncomfortable and too far from my home and family)

sobertiger

10+ Year Member
  • Mar 18, 2010
    1. Dental Student
      I don't know what your DAT score is, but if you're getting 5+ interviews, it's probably not the DAT score. It's more likely that your interviews did not go well. Get an objective opinion on your interviewing skills from others.

Reactions: 1 user
      I don't know what your DAT score is, but if you're getting 5+ interviews, it's probably not the DAT score. It's more likely that your interviews did not go well. Get an objective opinion on your interviewing skills from others.
      I had previously done mock interviews and I’ve been told I performed well, even with a professor. I felt that all 3 of my interviews went well and was very surprised that I still couldn’t catch a single acceptance.

Another interview I had was for a committee letter on my LOR’s for applying to dental school. After that interview, both interviewers told me I did good. So I don’t know what’s going on.

legacybush

2+ Year Member
      Dec 4, 2018
        I had previously done mock interviews and I’ve been told I performed well, even with a professor. I felt that all 3 of my interviews went well and was very surprised that I still couldn’t catch a single acceptance.

Another interview I had was for a committee letter on my LOR’s for applying to dental school. After that interview, both interviewers told me I did good. So I don’t know what’s going on.
        I've seen you post in the IU and UMD forums. For those schools, you were simply unlucky due to the way they handle admissions. IU accepts 40 OOS applicants out of nearly 400 interviewed. UDM accepts 150 or so people out of nearly 1000 interviewed. Those aren't good numbers regardless of whether or not you interviewed well. I think you should simply hold out for the next few months but if nothing comes of it then reapply and go to every single interview until you get an acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
        About the Ads
        This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.